Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
1: H, F, B, A, G, E, D, C.

Prioritising beach/ocean in an attempt to encounter Asherah or some whales.

2: A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
D.

We need more time at sea to be a sea priest.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
E.

We can't let Jalitha handle the situation and Dad probably doesn't know we can translate. Even if the situation goes badly for the village, we can pray to Asherah.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
Going to go with not-A here. We gotta stay the course with Asherah and his salty friends.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
H Pray to Asherah and El, and mean both.
J

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
Yes to taking Puabi and Billy

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

HBar posted:

G + "There is a difference between bravery and suicide. Even Tudiya and Ishamal knew that difference when we fled from Athar. If you kill yourself today, I will name you a coward for fleeing all our future battles."

Voting this.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
A

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
I'm pro savescumming. I havent posted much, but have followed this thread every day since the beginning and would love to continue to see Ur with Enkidel.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
J: Plan Arkanomen.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
1. EEF

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
C.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
EK.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
Select->Menu->Item->Swap Weapon->Bow

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
N.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

HBar posted:

1. M. My shot that first seized Once-Consort was through the gap exposed by Gareb's spear. The beast didn't dodge because it was driven to distraction by Aaron's sword lodged deep in its belly. Gareb's spear was only able to hit its mark because of the teamwork of all of us together in the melee. And I've seen some incredible things in my life but few of them match Aaron's heroics today.

2. P. Time to give the refugees a second lesson in El.

Voting this

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
C.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
B.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
D, Gb, summon balls

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
1. E
2. 9
3. FFN

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
Ab

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
B

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
About arrows to destroy slingapults: Indor can make explosive arrows and Paebel had two during a giant skirmish, and only used one. So he should still have one (and possibly more since he still deals with Indor). Probably worth asking him about it.

Two quotes below showing the two explosive arrows and one being used.

Diogines posted:

Voting is closed.

"My armor and shield-" he says, they are leather but as tough as high quality bronze "-a little medicine from Indor, my necklace-" shaped like a great sword, a small knife which can scare away demons. Supposedly. "-two explosive arrows-" that's new, from Indor surely "...

Diogines posted:

Paebel realeases the bow string....

Paebel's arrow hits home, igniting as it flies through the air and then producing a great gout of flame as it strikes the giants knee! The giants armor does not seem to have melted off but the giant stumbles from the concussive force of the blast and trips forward! With a jump and a slight flap from your wings you make an impressively long leap and are upon him!

More info on the arrows:

Zybourne Clock posted:

Do Paebel's explosive fire arrows have a range similar to normal arrows? If so, is the giant in range?

Diogines posted:

They do.

The arrowheads are made of clay so your accuracy will be a bit less precise, you are not used to their weight but you can aim them just fine. The tree the giant is hiding behind is in range.

They will make fireballs. He has two, they are expensive and he will probably expect you to pay to replace them if you use them. You can easily cover the cost but it will likely be a lot. A good weapon and a last ditch one for someone who may be fighting deadly monsters but lack much in the way of Blooded powers.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
I

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

Tsyni posted:

G let's start at the top and work our way down. I think we investigate everything before we approach the Big Sad.

Voting this

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
Would you like to hear more of our flute?

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'm pretty sure the Watchers said it...

Zepa(?) said a variation of it in the first retcon: "Only One can truly know and despite YOUR delusions, you are not Him!"

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

1. ADF
2. --
3. D
4. B

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
A.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

Theglavwen posted:

I've never been convinced that we have good reason to believe Gebeb was the weakest of the giant cities (although something in the back of my mind is suggesting that something might have been said somewhere along the way). People just largely seem to assume that it must have been the shittiest town since it's on the furthest outreaches of the territory ... but that's exactly what every layman in Ur thinks about Zepath for exactly the same reason. Turns out Zepath is insane. Which makes sense, if the giant-realm is structured anything like Ur, having some of your toughest forces be on the outside to serve as the first shield against invasion is just good planning. It's conveniently worked out that way in Ur, Zepath on the side of the oceans and Fare-mountains, Seir on the side of the Dragon-mountains, then steadily decreasing as we go inwards until we get closer to the source of power, Baitel, with the most vulnerable forces making up the Donut. Gebeb the Demon could have been their Tudiya.

The quote, from Ishamal, that you are referring to:

Diogines posted:

"-journeying on, he found the land of the Amalkite Giants. The least of their holdings at the periphery, Enkidel slew many giants by his own hand and many more slain with stealth and guile with his comrades-" A smile creeps across Tudiya's somber face "-his deeds found favor on high and the greatest demon of the place was bound and chained. For a time. The other demons were put to the sword. The odds were tremendously against them, overwhelming so, yet with guile and cunning they had victory. His actions found such favor on high that he was tempted with many things he might delight in as reward, yet he instead chose a speedy path to rescue the children of the slaves of the place."

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
Won't most insults at Amok technically violate the oath to not speak of our trip south? I think it's common knowledge that hes the king of giants, but calling him a pretender seems to violate that.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

FaustianQ posted:

A question as regards Enkidel's memory, do we remember 7 distinct giants, either through actions each giant took or by physical appearance? Like, a full description of each is not necessary, rather whether any two seemed oddly similar? I'm wondering aloud at the possibility one may have been illusory, unlikely but if a quick memory check notes such an oddity we can move onto the Minotaur's in the city.

If it's hidden mystically it has quite a challenge ahead of it to wreck the temple I think. Are Accos streets wide enough or is there a path clear enough of debris that a 45-50ft tall giant using a spell to hide from senses could make it to the temple undetected? The palace?

One last thing, do we know of anyone who has a Sacred number of 7? Based on a quick scan, two immediately stand out for me, Anu and Enki reciprocals, Anu's being more 6+1 while Enki's is 7.2 specifically. 7 seems to be the number of mystery and magic, and well *waves generally at behavior of the 7 giants*. Would just be interesting to me if 7 matched up with someone else though.

More fun with Sumerian god's sacred numbers based on google search, Shamash's sacred number is 20, reciprocal is 3 in cuniform base 60, but 18 when using the larger 360. As far as I can tell, no Sumerian god specifically used 18 as a sacred number that I can find. Shamash is our Smattas/Smythos FYI, so maybe he's trying to be sneaky about who's being a pretender atop mount har?

Giant timeline recap if it helps anyone below.

7 Giants cross the river.
Outside southern wall: 1 is incapacitated by Aaron. Six giants start to attack Aaron and shortly after 2 are sniped by Enkidel (helmets broken).
Outside western wall: 3 giants being kited by Aaron. Enkidel arrives to snipe one and follows up with the eagle arrow. Aaron tells us he thinks the seventh giant is healing the three downed outside the southern wall.
Inside near southern wall: 3 giants enter, 2 with helmets broken. So the helmeted giant is either the healer or the healed giant that was first downed by Aaron. All three killed by Enkidel/Shafts.
Outside western wall: we see that Aaron killed the 3 giants engaged with him.

Based on what Aaron thought, it seems unlikely that the seventh giant was illusory as it was the healer.

I doubt the seventh giant would have gone into the city via the southern wall since we probably would have seen it with the other three. I also doubt the giant went on an invisible stealth mission to the temple as you describe, otherwise they wouldn't have to sacrifice three giants charging the temple, unless this was just a desperate distraction.

My guess is it must have gone east, either to circle around into the city via the northern or eastern walls, or to aid Gebek.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
U.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
A.

Also I like that he called the king "Ancient Amos".

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
B.

Edit: patient choice---Aaron.

kalam fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 28, 2018

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

Diogines posted:

The first man and woman were said to be made from clay and the dust of the earth.

Goliath on golem creation

Diogines posted:

The giant says "The Great Ancient Ones copulated with and feasted with and upon each other. The world is what remains from their orgy of blood and death. The Pantokrator, the greatest of their children built Amalek and sculpted us from clay and amber."

An interesting similarity maybe... are golems (Amalek giants) similar to humans?

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

The part I don't get is why Tudiya needed to draw on us three times given that he was throwing more power around than we could ever dream of. It's not like his reserves were running low, either, since it was in the beginning or middle of the fight rather than at the end. :confused:

Interestingly, iirc, each time he needed our power was at the noon of that day. Maybe El was on lunch break or something?

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

Blasphemaster posted:

Curl up into a ball and just shudder for a while.

Danal and Obel weren't there when we collapsed before the Samson boxing match. We can totally use that excuse again, here. Proclaim something like being close to great responsiblities has sometimes overwhelmed us.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
1: F
2: A
3: B, Ee, G, G
4: B
5: abstain
6: B, G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalam
Oct 30, 2010