Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of blind optimism, now that blood sacrifice is no longer off the table, hows about working with Puabi and getting back in with Indor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dance the dance of flailing 3/4ths of a bronze telephone pole while running in a chosen direction.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Diogines posted:

What happened the last time an army of demons attacked Zepath?

Melachim Missile Defense system is go for launch

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tsyni posted:

oh god I don't know what to do

This is why I don't vote, everything sounds like a bad option and the thread is just getting to pick what it is we lose.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Throwing Dave in the river will be hilarious for us, traumatic for him, and horrifying for those doomed people he was foolishly trying to save.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This will hurt Enki's relationship with Davey but I trust Tudiya to know what he's doing so let him do his thing. David less so, and while his life is in danger now he still has a bright future ahead of him if someone can get him out of this futile last stand he's put himself in.

Dunk David.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

alpaca diseases posted:

I'd like everyone to consider this^^^

If no one can use magic, how can the Oldemokt be using Heart Trance?

Remember the Doom looked into our mind and used our memories of Shushem to try to get us to smash the Altar. Gebek could be doing the same thing. Powerful beings can get through our citrus barrier even without us noticing (or perhaps it's not working because of the anti magic field (or perhaps he got enough of a glimpse of our Acco related surface thoughts when he found us))

Diog, using our supernatural vision and memory- exactly how similar does the Oldemokt, the slaves and his Behemoth look to the one we fought?

That's a drat good point.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Crazy poo poo going on right now. I was catching up on a few days and while reading I was thinking how great it would be if not only we get thorugh this poo poo with no or minimal losses but also people like Tripdad and the "Keep Zepath as Great as it has Always Been by Having No New Ideas" party see some of our wild battle and magistrate prowess save the city.

Our Mercy that was scoffed at seems like it already is saving the day, making us more mobile and deadly in this exact situation where we need it.
Acco has been reinforced with the Balls/Shafts and the $$$ from the gem mine. Both things that we took a lot of shade for publicly and in private that might have actually saved the city.
Our archery and special arrow might save Tripdad in his big fight with the bos-

Oh poo poo.

Diog Is there any way we can touch or think about our arrow and notice if our arrow will actually work? I don't want to presence sence or whatever, but a lot of our plans are depending on this arrow doing what it is supposed to do...

Lol if you think the gem mine itself, and not the treachery Enki displayed to the king of Acco, was the root of the issue there

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh god, plan Swim Meet + Boat Life is going to fail miserably but just thinking about it is making me crack up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Swim Meet!

Boat Life!

(there are no boats in range)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tomn posted:

Is it still cool to scream "ELLLLL" and charge in headfirst to do the Right Thing, risks be damned, in the sure and certain assumption that El will bail our rear end out of the fire, or have we gotten that beaten out of us?

We're still trying to suss that out atm

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gotta admit, Tudiya definitely knows what he's doing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Save A life or two

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

mercenarynuker posted:

You know poo poo is dire in the thread when even the Asherah crowd is praying to a fickle creator for salvation

drat

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Theglavwen posted:

I think with genuine Mighty Men it's just sort of an 'El guides my hand' kind of thing. Their blood just tells them. It may have been in the recon, or regarding fire breath or something, but I think we asked Uriah about how he knew to do the things he does and the answer was that it just came to him, or he just knew. I think they just develop uncanny instincts.

Which, to be fair, we get in our own way. Sometimes our heritage just makes us instinctually know how to do or recognise certain things, like lifting a magical blockade or besting a fire demon in a battle of wills. I could imagine Uriah wondering where we found the time to practice mentally shutting down fire sorcery, and The shadow demon across the river might well be ranting about how unfair it is that we could just 'know' how to blow past the magical barrier it spent centuries learning to cast.

So basically, Uriah's been burping out his vayahi ors

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Palusum interlude owned and it's nice seeing things from a ground perspective.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

C, hamstring 'em.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

For a second I read that as New Vegas and I was quietly worried someone here had nuclear clearance

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In the spirit of wrongvoting, L to snipe Magen Buu with the birbshot in the mouf

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

oh goddamn, I can't even

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I, not because I think it's a good idea, but because the mental picture looks like a one man version of that palm tree manapult clip people like to post.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Fall in stoic silence. Spread out our limbs. Try to relax our muscles as much as possible.

What we need to do is retroactively get ourself drunk and also be a cat, as cats come with built-in parachutes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Literally thank El for small favors.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The sudden vote opportunity may not have been a hint, but it was a prime opportunity to goof on the thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If Enkidel doesn't literally say "Thank El for small favors" I'll be sorely disappointed

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Grognan posted:

given that we're loving supernaturally tough and heavy, water is still way better than stone.

its funny seeing the post-hoc justifications for being goddamn mistrusting cowards though

I wasn't voting to harden because I thought it would be funnier

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Enkidel being sufficiently self-absorbed that he values his own life over those of his children and grandchildren feels correct, to me.

The one guy forgetting Enkidel's grandson is even better.

That said here's my priorities, however much or little they may line up with the thread's:
1. Least to Highest Priority
M. Fighting in a manner which conforms to Zepathan honor and traditions.
U. Killing as many minotaurs as possible.
T. Killing as many Bnaimokt as possible.
Va. Winning honor and glory on the battlefield.
S. Killing "Tent-Demon"
J. Gaining treasure or magical items.
K. Gaining answers to the many mysteries of the world, to the extent I might in this battle.
L. Gaining El's favor.
W. Not losing or breaking my valuable equipment, like my bow, my armor and Mercy.
P. Killing the giants.
O. Keeping the giants out of the city.
Q. Killing the sword-giant, specifically.
R. Killing Gebek.
A. My life.
F. The lives of the common folk of Acco.
H. The lives of your other Balls here.
G. The lives of your Mighty Men.
C. Danal's life.
D. Aaron's life.
Vb. Preserving [???] and not emptying my Well.
N. Protecting the Temple of El.
E. Tudiya's life.
I. David's life.
B. Esher's life.

Some of these are pragmatic, others are a matter of how I'd like to influence Enkidel's personal feelings on some topics. And honestly not emptying the Well falls under preserving the lives of Enkidel's loved ones as far as I'm concerned, who knows how many he might take with him if he went full hungerbeast before the melacops manage to arrest him.

2. 8

3. B. I'm honestly rather interested in the Dynasty of Enkidel and don't want to see this bright new talent cut short.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dying, probably? Hunger demon probably not.

Enkidel's physical form dying is not the same as the game ending but hongrynkidel just brings melachim heat.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wasn't the Seirrow the real arrow of killing everything anywho

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kite

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arrow, hide my footsteps.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Crazycryodude posted:

Does Ur have rules about putting your own dick in your mouth?

Enkidel dick in he own mouth

"Unsurprising," say the Mighty Men of Zepath

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shield-giant's reflexive defenses seem to work regardless of whether he should be able to perceive any incoming attacks, at least given natural senses.

Y'all need backup to take him on.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

B

If A wins and enkidel gets grabbed by an angry giant again, let's all make plans to let the body die and have the spooky adventures of good good ghost-enkidel instead of going full nasty hungercrimeboy again.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Outrail posted:

If they're so disabled they can't grab us then they're so disabled that throwing bricks at them will be sufficient to keep them disabled.

Yeah, honestly this is just a choice between taking an unnecessary risk and being pragmatic.

Granted, in catching up on the years-long archive I've noticed that unnecessary risk seems to win more often than not.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean if inflicting property damage is good enough for ya boi Aaron

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It'll probably be fine, it's just that the thread shouldn't get into the habit of assuming things will turn out fine when you take unnecessary risks. Because overconfidence has had repercussions in the past.

Like getting into a duel against a wizard with more magic and fight skill, or scouting out mysterious mountains, or sneaking around a giant fortress, or trying to drag an entire village through demon territory, or deciding to solo a bnaimokt raiding party and wasting a nuke on a mook, etc.

It's a matter of risk management and precautions, that's all. If there's no reason not to take precautions then may as well be cautious, right?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like if this was a "you have to close the distance and melee them NOW" situation then yeah go for it.

E: also if I'm perfectly honest I think the idea of enkidel pulping a giant's body from a distance with pieces of house, the ground, and maybe unattended vegetation because "you can't trust a giant to stay dead" is kind of funny

Runa fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Someone already suggested throwing altars at them

High velocity sacrifice

E: if time is truly of the essence then just launch some ballistic masonry at their dicks, causing them to have to take longer to regen their pelvises and keeping their bodies immobilized longer while running off to get assistance finishing them off on the way to help Aaron.

Basically, every other option on the list is better from a time-sensitive standpoint as well as safety, going up to start pulping them by hand actually takes longer and leaves Aaron unsupported, especially if you're also going to sacrifice them, because you need to get an altar for that. Option A is thorough but not necessarily fast.

Runa fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 27, 2018