Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
At the end of the last thread, wasn't there a vote for what the next game would be? Which one is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
1. Greatest to least,B, E, D, H, F, C, G, A, gently caress you dad.

2. L

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Find out something useful from dad instead of talking about crab-people or whatever it is you do.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Wait, I thought we were 16 now with a 6-year timeskip? Also, just tell him what you remember.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

JT Jag posted:

We were four. Now we are ten.

I'm dumb and thought that the second mention of the timeskip referred to a different one entirely :doh:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Bularin posted:

Vote NO on taking dad's crazy rituals seriously!

We're 10, the guy sucks, QED.

Everything we need to know, the ocean will teach us.

This. gently caress you dad, no gods no masters! I wasn't a participant in the other thread, so I'm absolved of whatever guilt you guys have :colbert:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
NO, rebellion forever!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

OhYo posted:

ONLY IF the situation arises that our father harkens to our voice, we suggest anything about Jalitha. He probably already knows so best shut up for now. I know we're a kid, but an 11 year old knows enough not to just scamper off and ignore their father, especially one responsible enough to say: "Father" you say. "I... I am sorry I have not been mindful of your lessons. I didn't realize how important...."

In the time it will take us to get Jalitha, Father can do what he needs to do, and we'll have Jalitha on standby. It's unlikely that Father will ask what we think, he doesn't trust us with the knowledge of how to perform the rituals, let alone diffusing a potential diplomatic crisis. We can go get Jalitha, come back, and if Father was successful, hey, that's great, if not, we have Jalitha to translate.

Vote for "D" and get the best of both worlds.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Well gently caress, guess trusting Jalitha was the wrong option.

Changed my vote from B to A.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 27, 2013

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Yup, that sounds like us!

Changed my mind, haul ss out of there!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Assuming Dad doesn't lose his poo poo and cast a thunderbolt or some poo poo on the other guys. Which he will. We trusted Dad to be stable and diffuse the situation but all he did was scream and cast black magic. There's nothing keeping Dad from flipping out after we try to be diplomatic. If we want to get out if here we have to go NOW.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
and

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
People who are quoting Canuck-Errant, please edit the quote to an H to match the edited post

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Uh guys? There's kind of an earthquake happening right now. Might want to get out of dodge first.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

toxic8aker posted:

:ohdear: I want to see what will happen if we try. :ohdear:

At best, shrugged off and forced to go anyway. At worst, skewered by the guys with actual swords for killing their King.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Work your way into the inner circle. Then, when you've won his trust...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

SerSpook posted:

Say:

El is the leader of the sky-giants, king and father of them all, who rules the world. His spear is Smattas, whom thunders when he fights. Another is Maranal, who blesses Smattas with lightning and heals the sick. Labaras was a giant of the land, who founded the Big Village Baitel; his children founded other places, such as Zepath.

The giants never fight, for they all serve El. They may trick one another, but never truly engage in conflict. The world contains monsters, that El and his giants protect us from, as you have protected my mother and I on this day from the demon that had been worshiped.

When in danger, ask El to save you, and he shall.

This

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Changing my vote to Not Maxhush.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You were basically just warned by the GM that this is a stupid decision and very likely to get you killed.

Seriously. Think it back over for a while.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
So just stupid then. :v:

Hopefully Jalitha will try to cover for us, but the King supposedly has magical lie detection powers. Seriously. This is a bad decision.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Theglavwen posted:

"Man, Dad's a dick, we ought to gently caress his stupid God and roar out of here like a boss!"
"poo poo, if we say anything slightly provocative to this 'benevolent king' as a confused 11 year old who just watched his dad beheaded, it might turn out he's a royal dick who beats kids. Don't rock the boat you fools!"

Cool paraphrasing. :rolleyes:

Didn't exactly see Dad shooting lightning bolts and taking spears to the chest then, did we? And it was pretty clear who won that fight anyway.

We've already decided that he's descended from the El or the sky giants. Implying that he's a monster would be a grave insult to El, since that in turn would be implying that El is a demon on the level of what they think of Asherah.

I'm saying that "plan Sassmouth" is stupid, because why is a "confused 11 year old who just watched his dad beheaded" going to spout, "Heh, maybe YOU guys are the real demons :smug:"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It looks like as a whole, variations on SerSpook's choice are winning, but maxhush is winning just as one option.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Also, hey Mom, why are our people cannibals?!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I'm all for making the statement about cutting our hair, but don't mention Asherah.

Seconded.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Voting against the whole sweetling thing, that can come when she tells us who our real dad is.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Voting Option 1 in the mini-vote.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Question 1:

Our first friend. :unsmith:

Question 2: /

The kid is young enough to become a valuable friend and ally later on. Become closer to the king, learn his secrets of power.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
And also to channel our mana.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Diogines posted:

Minivote: Do you ask this?

Nope.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Changed my vote.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 1, 2013

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Changing my vote to Jorah since that one might actually have a chance.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

JT Jag posted:

Bow our heads and silently pray to both El and Asherah, as we always have.

Rolling with this, I still want us to have dual-options in the Fishgod and Skygod skill trees.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Schizotek posted:

We'll be kickass adventuring bro's for life :iamafag:

He can be the Gilgamesh to our Enkidu!

...Wait...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
NOT D, B, OR F.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

maxhush posted:

Vote changed to I

Yea, I don't want this to get turned into generic adventures by people afraid of a game over lest they make a single bad choice. C'mon guys, Asherah has the potential to be a way more interesting than following 'Good God No. 381 (not-Jehovah)'. We shouldn't let the lack of plot armour hold us back, hell, in the last CYOA we did almost everything wrong, got a premature game over, but still got a kickass story.

That was a Madgod. This is an 11-year old.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rahul posted:

G. Cry and scream for your Mother. This option can be combined with any of the above options .

Og Ethan Enkidel will overthrow the gods and establish himself as the almighty Onegod, while crying at the same time.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Almost forgot we had these!

and NOT-R

gently caress Asherah, he sucks.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
To think this all could have been avoided if we spent more time with Pagam.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Asherah is an ocean god. If we pray to a fishgod in the middle of the forest, the outcomes will range from "nothing at all" to "struck by lightning", and it's not like Asherah has ever helped anyone directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Changing my vote to Not J x2