Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

B, because it sounds interesting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

D sounds like a nice change of pace.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

G, to get him over there as fast as possible. In-character, we managed to hold it together long enough to find our uncle, I think we can get out a "Save Jalitha" and point before we turn into a complete wreck.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

A Darker Porpoise posted:

B is making the most sense to me. Uncle Jorah has obviously done something to calm Dad and now Dad is fairly calm in comparison to a few moments ago and is showing a form of genuine concern for us even if we don't fully understand why.

We're obviously gonna still be upset from what happened but Dad is paying attention to us now and wants us to do something and we've probably heard him going on and on about this Asherah fish guy quite a lot given his position in the village and he's worried we've upset them so best to ask for some forgiveness and do what Dad says.

I'm with this, so B. Why is Dad crying? Is fish guy going to cry too if we don't cut the hair? No one else start crying! :saddowns:

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

A
B
C
D
H
G
F
E

Did we never ask Jalitha why she tried to cut our hair? And now she's saying stuff like Asherah's not responsible for the thunder? Is she trying to sabotage us? She's nice, of course, but I don't trust her.

And A. Yes, to Ashera and to the other gods of your people, because you believe in them. And only them.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

D and F. If we can grab the tooth also then that too. Screw these guys and their stupid sky giants! Asherah, save us!

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

D. Keeping the hair, if nothing else.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

2. Look her in the eyes and ask if she saw this with her own eyes. I'd like to know how she came by the knowledge.

I don't think she's necessarily outright lying, but I think she may have misinterpreted some things. FWIW I don't particularly care if we are cannibals. Eating powerful warriors etc to consume their strength really isn't that unusual, even if the weirdly high level of cannibalisim Jalitha is describing is (which is part of why I'm still slightly skeptical. I think there may be a wee bit of exaggeration going on here. poo poo, we'd have like a population of zero eating people left and right like that.)

That and because cannibalisim is just such a classic justification for demonizing tribal peoples, I can't help but raise an eyebrow and want as much confirmation as possible before taking this as cannon.

This.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

1. Plan OhYo.
2. and

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

No to asking.

I am all for naming the dog Pagah, but I'd take anything at all over Beaky.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

B + M

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

Wake Barkof. We're tired, traumatized, and don't want to deal with this poo poo right now. Barkof's probably familiar enough with Danal's shenanigans to know what's up; with any luck he'll want to humor the king's son and take us on a walk around the perimeter, thus slaking Danal's thirst for adventure. And letting us get back to sleep without hurting Danal's feelings.

Also, I want to convert Danal to Ashera worship later on, not sacrifice him or have him die walking into a bear's mouth. Long game, y'all. Long game.

EDIT: F sounds good too, but there's no telling who we'll wake up or if they'll pay any attention to us. It won't get us any role model points either. Besides, 7 year olds have the attention spans of fruit flies, Danal will forget about our 'betrayal' by morning.

This. This seems like a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

E. I'd love to vote R but this seems more useful. Changed vote.
I vote R.

Disargeria posted:

By that view, any non-winning vote doesn't matter, including ones that splinter off from the same idea. That's just what happens when you've voting for one idea. In the grand scheme of things, he never had a chance of his vote winning, so does it matter if he lost by 20 votes or if the winning vote won with 20 less, but his was also reduced by the same amount?

No to no-votes. If I make a vote related to Asherah and it gets outvoted by people wanting to do something else, that's fine. When I make a vote related to Asherah and someone else votes specifically to cancel it or another like it, that's frustrating. The end result is the same, but there's a difference in how we got there and that difference matters to me.