Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

we will send help as soon as we win the game, you know the deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

its about us all

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Zodiac5000 posted:

Not inaccurate, but I would be very surprised by genichiro being at the top of this structure.

i super hope he is

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

do not touch the name of El

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I don't see any reason to assume a connection between El and Ea here, nor a reason to believe the El room was something changed or altered from what it once was. I'm thinking the rules and how different gods worshipers interacted were very, very different back in the day. The shrine floor was for foreigners in large part, I bet. It's just everyone was more chill with each other before all the lesser gods started hunger demoning out.

It does seem like nothing here really disputes the claim of El being the Creator though. Amos and Amok both seemed to imply it, if were are calling the blue orb El.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

One of the funniest parts of Judah was seeing Aaron described via his eyes as this insane mountain of power ripped straight from the old tales and to us he's just like....Unkie Aaron. Nice guy, kind of a nerd. lol

Aaron is actually our nephew :enkidel:

TK-42-1 posted:

a very good post

this is wonderful

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

You do realize just how paranoid this makes you sound, right? What, do you think people are invisibly spying on you all the time or something?

i don't know, are we being watched?

:enkidel:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Uriah had a line about somebody in my recent reread that "he's not going to want to just uproot himself and move to Kavodel to paint suspicious flowers with Gareb"

relatedly, I just finished a full reread of diogposts! I think that's thrice I've read them now. :toot:

edit: it might even have been about Amos before we scaled the walls

i'm pretty sure a part of amos would be totally down with that actually

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

really diog just hates horses

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

What was at the top of the tower...

Whew! That final battle had sure taken its toll on you! You had never believed that such a thing would be in the tower, but in the end victory had been assured. With El on your side, and Uriah alongside you, you triumphed against all odds. And now... for the rewards...

And being the generous man you are, you allow Uriah to choose what he desires first. He looks to you, then to Nisaba, and says, "I wish to never have to go through any bullshit like this ever again."

Nisaba simply nods his head, waves his arm, and all you see is LIGHT.

You are falling.

Still falling.

You continue to fall...

And finally, after what might have been an eternity, or but from another perspective was a mere instant, you stop falling. You look around you. Buildings of metal and some strange, red stone surround you. It is night, not that it matters with your vision. You cannot sense Mt. Har. You cannot sense Uriah. Several Presences of significant size and strength do appear to you, but none strike you as anything different than you would sense in any city of Ur. Not that this is Ur, not being able to sense the Mountain and all.

After consider it for a moment, with your superhuman intellect, you realize what has happened. Uriah had the desire to not go through random bullshit again. Nisaba considered the simplest way of granting this desire... and sent you somewhere else, since all the bullshit Uriah has to deal with inevitably comes back to you. Perfect logic, really, and now you get a chance to explore some new place without anyone watching.

And then you realize it. You are not being Watched. The world is your oyster.

And that's when you heard the loud banging noises and shortly after that, the world erupted in flames. With your incredible vision, this wasn't much of a problem for you. And the flames weren't really aimed at you, or anything. And truthfully, you'd been aware there were people around there anyway, not that you understood a word they were saying. So you run in that direction, with the goal to save the people from the fire, like a true Hero!

You turn into an alley and see... well, you aren't entirely sure what you see. Several men appear to have been injured by some sort of insects and are in great pain? And there is a man, throwing fire from his hands? Scratch that, not a man, a demon of some sort. Silvery scales erupt from his flesh and he begins to grow in size. You know a demon tormenting innocent people when you see one. You will slay this demon and bring the Light of El to its victims!

How do you handle the fight?

A. Be aggressive? Maybe you can slay the demon as it transforms?

B. Go defensive, see what he's doing?

C. Manipulate the flames it is using, quench them. Show it the folly of opposing El. This is not experimenting.

D. Write-in.

quote:

The gently caress is this diog? We got sent to the other side of the planet or some other dimension or some poo poo? Because we climbed some tower?

quote:

So uhhh... I think this is a more modern society? Uhhh... can you describe the buildings of metal and stuff?

quote:

Taking a closer look, you notice several strange things. Your immediate surroundings aren't particularly impressive looking, if strange. It appears to be rundown, but you do see some sort of clear crystal in the windows. Much of it looks to be in disrepair though, and people appear to have painted strange writings in many places. Many of these writings are on top of other writings, much of it is the same three symbols in red and green, with others being three words in red and green. You also see some sort of sorcerous lights? Also the streets are black, if not in the best condition.

Outside of this immediate area though, you notice many tall buildings. Very tall buildings. Nothing like the tower you just climbed to the top of, nor the fabled Tower of Shinar, but these buildings are common and put to shame most of anything you've seen in Ur. They are made of a bright, shiny metal. Much of it might even be Bnaimokt metal? They all appear to be brightly lit with the sorcerous lights.

In the moment you take to look around, you notice someone on a roof not far from the demon. You think it is a bug demon of some sort, with... long curly black hair? Maybe it is just a weird girl in a bug outfit for some reason? gently caress if you know!

quote:

Bug demon or bug outfit? Long black hair? Dude throwing fire around and getting bigger and growing scales? Diog, why did you cross this over with Worm? Why is that a thing Diog.

quote:

Y'all were the ones that wanted to climb the Tower, this has always been at the top of the Tower. Don't blame me, and go beat up Lung.

quote:

Alright, so if this is Lung, we probably want to be aggressive from the start. Beat him before he can really get going, we can take him out faster than his regeneration will fix him. But I do wanna try to put out his fire...

quote:

Don't quench the flames, that'll cost [???] and we don't know if we can gain it in this world yet.

quote:

i'm not sure if i love this or hate this

quote:

Why not both?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

So it was a goat rancher that out pissed Enkidel? ...did Azzazel crash this party? I hope he crashed the party just to outpiss Enkidel.

Also, wasn't one of the cities of the Amalekites named Marduk, and ruled by some demon called Marduk?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

BT

Blue stone time, baby. That alone probably makes the trip a success for Tudiya!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Honestly, we shouldn't even need to use our powers unless poo poo goes really, really wrong. Like, almost all of our lethality comes from our "mundane" archery. Uriah is a bit more nerfed in this, but he's a fuckin' monster.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

changing from BT to A

actually i don't care about this horse or this side quest

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

because we never thought to do it, because we are dumb sometimes

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

don't eat the trinkets jfc

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

lol and we learn absolutely nothing we hadn't been told before except ea is apparently a fox

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

fortunately nobody important ate any of the fruits

Edit: at least one of the Balls who ate the bloodfruit died since then, I assume?

we ate that fruit

tbh though, i suspect the tree is in part being conflated with any myths they may have about amalek

ask her about the shrines we found in nisaba's temple, including the blue stone shrine and the shrine with the statue that included amok

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

if these things are actually super evil juju than i fully expect fare keeps entire orchards of the things watered exclusively by the blood of the innocent or some poo poo

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

B

Man. Goblins. Might as well check it out, yeah? Maybe there are some survivors, from this or another raid?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

Hi goons! I’m alive. I just had some health stuff I needed to attend to that knocked me out for awhile.

And now I have like well over 1,000 posts to catch up on and omg this is why I don’t let myself fall behind.

If you got us killed while I was out I’m gong to be super peeved, but I’m going to assume if that happened I’d have more like 5,000 angry unread nerd posts waiting so...yay!

we dead foxterrier, kindly grandma goddess nikall killed us with cake

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

TK-42-1 posted:

come to think of it, that was the ultimate disarming move to just be incredibly nice to the savage stone men.

we even got a job offer in the case that whole el thing doesn't work out for us lol

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Olothreutes posted:

"Your horn is probably massive, we can work with that."

wait till they see mercy...

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A, maybe we can catch a party leaving, kill most of them, and maybe interrogate the last few? Then we can plot how to slaughter more goblin babies!

nevermind, this is literally option G lol

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

what are the odds that goblins are being driven nearer to the surface by something underground?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Nemo posted:

Make sure to provide a live narration to Uriah's actions pointing out imaginary mistakes to piss him off

do this for a bit

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I'd actually be down with taking the "spend a huge amount of time, energy, and effort on mastercrafting a greatsword" and seeing what happens. I feel like a lot of club wielding abilities could translate well to using a greatsword if we get something exceptional. If we don't, we can always gift it to a Ball that uses greatswords. And it further advances our smithing.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

But have you considered that using a ludicrously sized sword makes you an anime character?

insightful

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

I don't think you've ever overcome a foe with the power of friendship? Also, you uh, killed all those people at Acco, though I suppose that would fit into some anime...

we almost managed it with once-consort, to be fair

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Cornuto posted:

We had a magical-girl transformation sequence after meeting Azzazel when he hit us with a mystic swirly that restyled our hair and gave us a cool new skirt.

Magical Girl Enkidu Black?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Smythos referred to El.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Larger eyes and paler? Tidier? They come from deep beneath the earth, where goblin civilization is more advanced. The goblin conspiracy is real!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

man, nusku is runnin' a protection racket here

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Keep in mind we will have to be very, very limited with using our bow if we do anything.

I kind of wonder if just blowing the whistle on this to other, non-compromised, cities might be advisable instead of trying to overthrow this poo poo ourselves.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Q

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

the knife is a lie, it isn't our true lucky knife (we lost that when the orm destroyed Tanaach iirc), don't trust its tainted pointings

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

If the Mighty Men of this city can detect lies, and are unaware of what's going on, this woman is a great opportunity to get open rebellion.

e: Alternatively, we take her with us and have her tell every king that we can reasonably believe can read lies about what's going on here. Alert literally everyone, and maybe they all get together and wage collective war on Karnakys. A Great City would be the best place to start. Yeah, it might not get results (rivalries between cities and currently ongoing wars, etc) but it might be worth a shot.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 3, 2019

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Sandals, play epic theme music as we prepare to slaughter some foolish heretics and demon worshipers.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

CD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I mean, it's kind of an interesting situation here. If most of the Mighty Men are loyal to El, and/or if the King is actually somehow unaware of this poo poo, F could do real well. Similarly, F could get us quickly killed, and the woman we saved with us. Like, this region of Ur isn't really a shitshow when it comes to Blood. Karnakys is a Great City and we really aren't sure how weakened it has been, or if its vassal cities are similarly weakened.