Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Angel sounds good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
So I guess running as fast as we did was a magic thing (I hope Xuriel won't be mad)

I wonder if the hunger the demons have is tied into a significant use of magic? Like they were once Ophanim or mighty humans who cast a spell too heavy, but being mighty/divine they physically endure rather than die or pass out. Now they have been paying back the price of their super spell ever since?

I'm willing to bet, given that demons hunger for humans the most, and that Zepa's monument strictly forbids consumption of human flesh, that eating human will restore the most energy of all foods, but possibly taint or addict us.

Maybe to win the race we should bite off one of our fingers :black101:

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

Tomn posted:

To be fair, he apparently thinks he IS being hospitable, since he assumes that the only reason a member of the cream of Zepathan society (which, for better or worse, we are) would show up at the Temple of the Melachim is because we've decided to shuck our faith. Note, after all, that the only other Zepathan noble here is Barkof, and he's here to provide security AND kinda agrees in part with their faith anyways. It's less a case of inhospitability and more a case of mistaken assumptions.

Except Danal is standing right next to us and is likely recognizable.

What was actually said though didn't seem hostile or intentionally insulting. IDK.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 17, 2013

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Hang on..

Diogines posted:

The foreign adventurers are men who are strong in their belief in El and the fact they at once drew their weapons on Bareen when she kidnapped you, before Tudiya even arrived makes it very clear whose side they are on.

Diogines posted:

One of the foreign adventurers is in front of you, his back exposed.

You try to get past the adventurer whose exposed back blocks your way by....

Are we voting on whether to kill a friendly?

Numeron fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 24, 2013

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Do you actually have 6 fingers on each hand, and if not - why not?

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

John_A_Tallon posted:

I want to tell Ishamal a story. It's one some of you might know in a slightly different form (Original by Peter Chimaera).

:words:

...And then I woke up.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 6, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Did Bareen really worship the Melachim, or was that a front for worshipping the demons below?

I don't think he does but: Bareen said you have 6 fingers, is that part true? I think like us Ishamal is probably not of the Lebaras line (nor whatever ours is)

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
J, N, P

S. If we are intending to save our slave we would have to lie to do so. Lets not do that.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

quote:

Asking Ishamal about the people we saw. He never said to keep it secret, just this:

quote:

"Without without having seen it? It may have men helping each other as that chaos unfolded. It may have been divine mercy. At times, the Melachim walk among men to aleviate their suffering. If they took such guises, they did not wish to be seen and you should defer to their wisdom."
:effort post:

Yeah, he said keep it a secret.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
A D G K

A - I suppse there will be a bit of down-time while the stake is set up (otherwise simply approach Tudiya while he isn't speaking), maybe we can get a silent word in with Tudiya and request a 10m interrogation. Mention that the heretics choice of words struck a chord and may have real impact on the future. Don't say it out loud in front of everyone.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 8, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
If my method for A doesnt win, I'd like to stress that we probably shouldn't say what we have to say out loud where everyone assembled can hear. Just have a quiet word.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Yes to eating a pebble. What harm exactly could the experiment yield?

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

spacetimecontinuu posted:

Paradise Lost: A Lively Discussion About Bowel Movements and Their Inherent Mystery.

Seriously how can you guys wanna peek under the veil this hard? If we could tinker with the game and eek out an answer we would've had it already. Figuring out where our poop is going will occur by advancing the timeline and growing more powerful and wise, not through gotcha tricks.

Diog put a mystery in our hands and you're saying we shouldnt try to solve it because ... We haven't found the answer yet?

Or are you saying that mysteries are inherintly unsolvable until we are just given the answer?

Numeron fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 9, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
B. Bare-handed clobber.

The guy probably doesnt have a weapon at all and is suiciding by Enkidel.

He should go on the pyre.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Go for the Arm

:siren: Specifically a spot that won't hit him in the chest if the arrow goes straight through :siren:

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
1. Lefkandi the Potter - You...
C. You got involved and using your knowledge of Zepath's laws and custom to show that Lefkandi has done nothing wrong. A legal argument.

edit: As LLSix says below, also mention our vested interest.

2. You told the witch Indor...
G. No.

4. What did you learn best on your hunts with Aaron? You have three points to spend, all on one choice if you wish, or to divide between them.
O. Archery. 1 Point.
P. A club. 1 Point.
S. Monster fighting lore. 1 Point.

5. When time seemed to slow, you usually...
V. Used them to your benefit to take carefully aimed shots with your bow.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 12, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Wait we never drank dog piss OR jerked off a goat!

NERDS! :argh:

Or ate the rock by the look of things.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
C. Form a band of men of your own.

What would be the price of contracting mercenaries? Would the price differ if they were scouts/fighters/generalists?

Paebel used to be a scout, what does he think of re-entering the business?

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

dyzzy posted:

Actually, I think helping hands might be useful after all.

C - form a band of men to help you (make sure to offer Paebel a spot), BUT with the express intent of having these men dig traps for your prey. Offer them parts of the kills as payment. I think simple pits with some wooden spikes prepared with camoflauge will be enough for the 'usual' land-based monsters. Snarls and us can lure them in and make the kill, and the regular folk are not in much danger. So long as the spikes keep them down long enough for us to line up a shot, we are golden. As for things we can't improvise traps for... Snarls can keep us away from such dangers.

+1

This is a good way to reduce risk.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Did we ever send that offering to Tanaach's temple on behalf of King Rimush?

If not and we end up going there, we should take one.

Edit: Changing vote to D - go to Taanach

Numeron fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 13, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

Tsyni posted:

Lmao...

The only problem with going to this other city is that it's 5 weeks there, right? So 10 weeks there and back. So we have 3.5 months to get our foreskins.

Remember we can also hunt while en route.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Diog, question: I know banditry isn't a big thing thanks to the unforgiving wilderness, but do human foreskins count if such are found?

Changing vote from D to C... Not so sure we can make quota in Tanaach any more.

Also, Voting H. Ask around and see what kind of band we can put together

and G. Talk to Chait about a large bow
- If he says he can whip something up, then I. We should train with it.
- If it doesn't look feasable, then K. Spear and Armor training.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 14, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Talk to indor - Don't care too much whether its in person or through proxy.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Ask Indor: Do you believe in El? Does El power these trinkets, or some other force?

Voting D2. But only give to her enough to cover what we need to keep our band alive and not any more. What the band chooses to do with their monster parts is up to them.

and Voting G. Paebel knows the details on leading ordinary men in the wild. Mighty men probably don't.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 15, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

Diogines posted:

"El is very real child but to ask if he powers my charms... ask why do trees chair? It is a question, but not one which asks for knowledge."

Huh, so she believes El is a personified holy force rather than an actual sentient being of some kind? That kind of ties Bareen's beliefs into the mainstream, since it means El both exists and does not.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

Diogines posted:

"El is very real child but to ask if he powers my charms... ask why do trees chair? It is a question, but not one which asks for knowledge."

I've been thinking about this more, and have a few theoris that kind of all tie in.

El is like a latent holy energy field.

- From what Indor says, her magical trinkets are in a way made of El, or are El.
- Bareen said El does not exist, and with the modern personification of this energy field, she is correct in a way. El is not sentient or alive.
- We are told to pray to El to send Melachim because this energy field allows your prayers to be delivered to them. Praying directly to the melachim will leave your prayers undelivered. "Help me El! Send Smattas!"
- Sacrifices made to El strengthen this energy field?
- It is possible to burn El energy for magic/mighty purposes rather than personal soul energy?
- The Melachim and Labaras created El as a way to connect and benefit our two races?
- Mt. Har is the nexus of this energy field, and thus actually needs exists here in the real world, rather than some other plane like heaven.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Voting C. A necklace with some sort of animal tooth carved of stoned on the end, about three inches long. "If you place your blood upon it each morn with the suns first rays, you shall seem more fearsome to your foes and stronger to your own men,giving them courage." It also has a faint gray glow.

Diogines posted:

If you are caught taking the aid of her daughter, you can expect Tudiya to disown you, end any possibility of a marriage to Naomi and evict you.

Definately M. No. We aren't after wicked loots anyway. Lets not just get greedy.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

JT Jag posted:

Just wear it under our clothes.

Either way, we're one of the only people in this city who can see magic.

Speaking of -

Question: Actually taking a moment to inspect them, do our sandals glow?

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

A Terrible Person posted:

True.

But we'll probably use the drat thing to recruit soldiers into our band. Which means we will be asserting authority beyond our natural ability, robbing men of their free will via magic, and then sending the poor bastards to their deaths when they mistakenly think we're more talented than we actually are.

This has to be a big taboo in the El-faith.

Also agree with this, but:

SerSpook posted:

I vote the amulet use be limited, but not only in dangerous situations. Use it during training to inspire brotherhood with the group, and cohesion. Use it in the field the entire time, but only to keep the band of brothers feeling going.

Is fine too... as long as we don't convince anyone who wouldn't normally come along to do so.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 16, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Additionally, you have to actually talk and convince - making it tough to use in a split second time-frame.

The amulet in option C (appear more brave to your men and more fearsome to your foes) the better choice for actually being in a fight, and probably better represents the actual charisma boost people are thinking this one has.

This amulet is geared toward persuasion, not charisma.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 16, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
One thing I just realised - I wonder if successfully convincing the elite kids we should go on a trek will raise some eyebrows.

The guy that left when we arrived will have undoubtedly recognised us.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Telling everyone exactly how strong and fast we are is an important step to ensuring no-one gets killed over-estimating our abilities.

You tell Paebel and Agamemnon...
A. Let them both know what your strength and speed really are like.
I. Tell them that I taught Snarls a number of gestures related to hunting and tracking.
J. I tell them about Arrowtime
- But also say that it's unreliable and can cause us harm if used too much.

You tell men you will recruit...
L. Let your recruits know what your strength and speed really are like.

Get bow materials?
S. Not right now, but eventually. We'll have time after the foreskins.
U. I voted S above. Also this is a bridge that can be crossed when we get to it. He might simply change his mind once he sees we have all the materials.

Rework the story?
B. Meh, as long as we know its not a big deal.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 17, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

A Terrible Person posted:

So you're telling me you probably witnessed the processes by which each step was done, are aware of the materials and skills that go into a masterwork, are capable of producing a bow that reliably serves not only normal folk but also a powerful giant of a man without affecting accuracy despite the size difference... yet cannot even make a knock-off of a Seirian bow? You're either jesting or trying to insult me.

What is your reason for refusing to aid me?

It must be something noteworthy, or else you're ignoring a potential fortune out of either pride or false humility.

What is the reason why you won't make a bow for me? Fading into obscurity via retirement doesn't count! Are you afraid of something? Sworn to secrecy? Vowed to never make another masterwork? Am I even getting close? If nothing else, I challenge you to the contest of your choice in exchange for the best bow you can make. Your choice of contest, your choice of place and time (if I am not in the field), your choice of competing wager.

Are you afraid of Zepathan skill, old man?

I think its more he will not than cannot. He's just a Seir patriot, wanting both not to give away tech secrets, and not make special Seir bows for not Seir people. Probably to get one in the end we'd have to do some proper favor/quest for the king of Seir so our new weapon is government sanctioned.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
1. You tell Danal that...
B. "Two months... if Tudiya says you can come." + Say we will help convince him if he's not keen

2. Do you take Gaddiel along?
O. If Lefkandi says yes, then yes. We'll deduct a fourth of what I would get from Lefkandi while Gaddiel is away.

3. (Optional) If voted to bring Gaddiel along, what are you using him for?
T. To tend to the pack animals and perform other tasks suitable for a servant and laborer.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Voting F, only because I don't want the kids to get in the way of adventuring or the story.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
1. Pick five...
1 Point B. Actual strength.
1 Point C. Blooded Lineage.
1 Point D. Equipment.
1 Point F. Martial skill.
1 Point G. A Heart Full of El.

2. Take Jobe the priest...
N. Take Jobe - Great morale boost and a guy who semi-knows healing.

3. Take Kanah and Elath...
Q. Take them along. - What the might lack in other attributes they will be highly loyal, and definately put in %100

4. Ultimately you decide to...
T. Take Benaiah along, as a fighting man - We owe Agamemnon this favor.

5. The slave...
Za. Promise the man Tudiya will treat him fairly but tell him that you need to bring him to the King and urge him to come, voluntarily.

Ask Jobe: How good are you at tending wounds? Do you think you could fit in some extra training doing so before we leave?

Numeron fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 21, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
6. X - Divine responsibilites trump kingly responsibilities.

I also think Za we should tell Ishamal, and ask what we can do to settle the risk of keeping this man.

Question: Can we send someone to Ibleam, to inquire about purchasing a slave or would people notice such a thing?

Numeron fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 21, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

My problem with going to Ishamal is this: He is expecting US to handle our affairs on this one. poo poo will hit the fan on this one, but a promise is a promise, and Ishamal is either going to say "You expect me to make all of your decisions for you?", "take him" or "return him". Going to Tudiya will force him to be returned. I'd rather make Ibleam pissed off than Azzazel. A promise is a promise. Take him out and protect him at all costs as per the favor.

I voted to keep the guy, the reason I also want to talk to Ishamal is because he would have the best idea on how to mitigate the risk of doing so - not because I want him to decide whether we should keep the guy or not.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 21, 2014

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

Outrail posted:

Show me on my necklace where you touched the goatman.

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Ask the slave: Why do you have two brands right where everyone can see them - thats a bit unusual isnt it?