Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
loving FINALLY

So, lemme tell you a little story, about a man called Hattie Masters.

Several months ago, Hattie found a thread about a man called Judah. Hattie went onto IRC, and asked for info, and thus was given the link to this thread right here.

And so he began to read EVERYTHING

After months of reading, and a slight break due to burnout, I can officially say I have read every word in every thread that Diog has run. I read all of MadGod, I read all of Judah and now I have caught up and read all of Enkidel.

tl;dr I'm an idiot who was too proud/stupid to just read Diog's posts in the threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Big Boner Stacy posted:

Wait. You read EVERYTHING?! Dear god, I hope you just started skipping large swathes of the pages at some point. Hell, if you spent just one minute on each page, it'd be like 50+ hours of reading at this point.

What's your favorite part so far? What team are you on? And do you have any insane theories we haven't thought of yet?

No. I read LITERALLY EVERYTHING. There's a reason it's taken me months. At points it's all blurred into one big mess since I read it literally months ago, and you can only read "Ish is literally a fascist rear end in a top hat" vs. "Ish is alright give him a chance" and "Indor sux" vs. "Indor rools" so many times before they just stop meaning anything.

And honestly? Right now I'm on Team Kavodel. As much as I want answers to the big questions (What is El? Where is Az? How do we kick Fare's teeth in? Why don't we poop? Who is our Dad? etc etc) we are currently probably in the best position to prepare for times of hardship. Legit, whilst I abide by Everybody Love Everybody for the most part, the people just wanting to cut and run on our entire life and go out into the wilderness is the closest I've got to considering anything to be Wrongvoting.

Favourite bit? Spending time with Azz is always a good shout for that, but it's got to be the events of the Jubilee. I'm a sucker for any and all of the big fighty bits but that one just got me.

And honestly, I've not got any real big exciting theories. I'm not really the greatest when it comes to that stuff, although I was in agreement that smashing the statue was the right thing to do even when it bit us in the rear end.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
First vote in the thread, and I'm going to say E, but also ask if they could grab Ish

Ish would be able to confirm that A) We're not messed around with in the head and B) that yes we are an idiot.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
As someone who recently finished reading the thread I will say that Ishmael-Chat was one of the most mind-numbingly tedious parts of the thread, especially since it almost always devolves into name-calling.

As someone who voted to ask for Ish's presence, I would like to clarify that I did not want to start another round of 20-billion questions. I wanted him here because he can confirm that no, we're not mind-hosed and most of the people here, especially those who followed us from Zepath, will trust him when he says that. He's Ishmael, the guy who knows all kinds of weird stuff. I mean, yeah Tudiya will probably still know but he'd definitely go in a lot more gung-ho than he would with Ish there to temper his... well, temper.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

Ishamal has zero official authority. Sure, everyone likes and trusts him, but, he's not the ruler, and he can't override Tudiya.

The point isn't to override Tudiya. Hell I'm not even saying that just having Tudiya there would necessarily go any differently than having Ish there as well. The point is, however, that Ish is, as you said, liked and trusted by everyone. Tudiya may be King but that doesn't mean he's infalliable. Ish on the other hand is seen as being as close to that by the average Jael on the street, and has a history of talking Tudiya down from more drastic action.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

We aren't trying to avoid killing people.
You're trying to avoid killing person. Singular.
One who actually needs to die.

Wrong setting I know, but
"Violence is always an option
There is always another way."

I'm not saying that executing Hagar wouldn't have been the best option, and isn't the best option now. I'm just saying that in theory there is another option.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

Based on what we've got, I believe a clean, painless death for her is ultimately the best thing we can do.

Honestly, whilst I don't 100% agree, I completely see your point. I'm about a 95%. But honestly I was just arguing semantics, since you said we need to kill her and technically we don't.
Just enjoying getting to be part of an actual thread debate.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Diog, you've repeated choices F and G up there. As in F and G appear for multiple different options!

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
A I'm not a huge fan of the damage caused but quite frankly Tudiya's in the right here. If there was a "Let her get stoned a bit and then end things mercifully after sufficient punishment" option I'd vote for that but there isn't and B would annoy TripDad so yeah.

Vote Changed to B The argument about B being what Ish and the Melachim would like more, as well as the one about it basically letting us keep a little of our "We're sorta heretics but not really" atmosphere intact swayed me.

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 31, 2016

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Throw her as hard as possible into the air, yell "PULL" and then have everyone throw poo poo at her. With our mega-vision, identify who hit her for 1 shiny coin and if anyone draws blood on the way down, they get 3. When she hits the ground, if she's still structurally sound enough, go for a bonus round.

this is both the best and worst thing and made me smile on a lovely day :unsmith:

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
If this thread has taught me anything it's that a decent, reasonable amount of stupidity is required to survive in this world. 1

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
D-E-Finately voting to spend more time with Best Mentor, Best Family and Best Metals.

Also making bad puns

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 14, 2016

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Roads are pretty great.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Voting for Plan Foxterrier, as well as Make A Literal Table with Ish

I am also officially abstaining on the Puabi vote since I am just washing my hands of the whole thing. Either way people are going to get upset and it's not gonna be my fault.

Also we had ENTIRELY the correct reaction to bees stinging Snarls. Although I don't think we went far enough. Any support for an anti-bee crusade?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Do you want ecosystem collapse? Because that's how you get ecosystem collapse. And also poo poo booze becasue we don't have any sugarcane.

They hurt Snarls, they deserve the worst things

But in all seriousness due to the fact that a friend of mine has like 5 hives I know how important they are and do not actually want to engage in Bee Genocide.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
+1 to Plan Basscop, Talking to Tudiya about how to get the Elite to not Hate us, and Operation Shitstorm (aka SNARLS POO ON THE CEILING)

The first two I think are good ideas that will pay off in the long run.

Operation Shitstorm makes me giggle and so is a good idea.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Harvey Baldman posted:

Can we actually put a name to whatever our ambiguous power is? Or would the very act of doing that somehow lead us to incorrect conclusions ("You can't call it worship, we're not sure it's worship!")? We've been calling it [???] for like two and a half years now. Even if we're not entirely correct, I feel like a placeholder name would be better than what we've been using.

Dude we've been over this.

It's [PIE]

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Quickly getting in before the deadline, I'm voting C. Jubilee feeling + Direct instructions/instincts = Yeah no do the thing Enkidel

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Infinity Gaia posted:

You're a vote behind, buddy.

Oh goddamn I specifically checked. This is why I do not enjoy finding updates at 3AM. I think my eyes just kinda glazed over the update.

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 11, 2016

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
I'm on board with J. We're not asking for anything major, not trying to prevent the inevitable or pervert the order of the universe, just make sure that our cousin's soul isn't eaten.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
D

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Olothreutes posted:

Enkidel stops, staring at the Elderman atop the barricade. His head cocked slightly to the side. He is thinking about something?

Suddenly he sniffs. A little at first, like he just noticed a pie on the edge of a window. After a few exploratory sniffs he inhales a great breath through his nose, seemingly making as much noise as he can.

"Hmm. Elderman, I smell something. I smell... Gold." An avaricious twinkle in his eye, Enkidel inhales even more deeply. A truly mighty sniff. "And... silver. I smell silver here as well." As he looks like he is about to admonish the Elderman, whose face is frozen in... fear? Confusion? It's not clear what the elderman is feeling, but oh boy is he feeling it.

The sudden pause is filled by a few, small, and seemingly passing sniffs. "Hmm. Interesting. Do you know what else I smell, Elderman? I smell... LIES." In an instant he is upon the man, having mantled the makeshift wall like it was a step stool. His face is stony, a displeased expression forged over decades of petty disputes overseen from a comfortable chair, he leans in to the man and says in a nearly conspiratorial tone, "And I don't like lies."

Voting Plan Olothreutes because it's too good a visual to pass up

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
This poo poo has gone far enough. Time to get the bug spray A

Vote Changed to B because I misread the update

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 29, 2016

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
J because right now we need some El because we being 10 kinds of dumbass.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
1: B
2: Q, Uriah deserves something nice
3: U, don't be a dick
4: Y Because Goddamnit it's loving murdertime. Should have done this days ago.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Not that it makes any difference but I thought it was hella cool. Also is voting still on? I didn't see a closed message but it's late and my brain is foggy.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
So today I recieved a package. This was very odd, I thought, but then I remembered the Secret Santa*.

Hmm, I wonder what this could be?

Let's open it and find out

HOLY FUCKBALLS. THIS IS AMAZING.

Bone Monkey you are the best secret santa a man could ask for. Unironically this is having a place of pride in any house that I reside in.

* I did not actually forget at all but still.

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 15, 2017

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

BoneMonkey posted:

It wasn't even on purpose!

I'm glad you liked it Hattie, sorry it took so long. I'm still learning acrylic.

Dude, looking that good I wouldn't have minded if it turned up in December 2017. It looks gorgeous and I am proud to have been the one to recieve this magnificent gift.

Also "So who do you think that is?" is going to be my favourite game for people who come to my house now.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
GH it's really the only sensible option and Khaba seems like a cool enough guy that we can give him some slack.

And I find it kinda... interesting would be the best word I can find that when it comes to issues of mortality, Enkidel basically has a really nasty panic attack and shows symptoms of depression. Guess being a quasi-divine entity isn't necessarily great for your mental health?

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 5, 2017

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Sogol posted:

Maybe we should start a movement to rename Jubilee to Invasion Day.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Boy is it great to be back! A combination of life stuff and some relationship stuff have kept me away from the game but now I'm back and more importantly I know where I stand with things!

C. Going full Ninja is a drat good idea.

Clearly we need to invent cardboard so we can come up with the most useful and effective stealth equipment that has ever existed: The Cardboard Box

Edit: Also I finally got around to putting up BoneMonkey's amazing Enkidel painting. Photos will accompany some time tomorrow

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 13, 2017

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to vote for C: No, seriously, loving Run. This is a time for us to be moving very, very fast away from the deathwave.

Also I am sorry for lack of pictures of the Painting. The means of mounting it on the wall I was using were... ineffective, and it kind of fell off the wall during the night.

And smacked me on the head. Anyway important thing is that it's fine and dandy.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
I know I'm way late to the debate but the Bnaimokt autopsy, combined with a very popular theory as to their origins, makes the fact that we did the autopsy loving bad news.

Assume that the theory that Bnaimokt are two people somehow fused together into one being is correct. Two humans, specifically.

In doing the autopsy, assuming this is true, we have just committed an incredibly major sin, desecrating a Human (of sorts) corpse

This would also explain why sacrificing them is verboten

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Still backing Best Plan™ (AKA Plan loving Leg It) so A

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
I have had an awful, awful day. Just truly abominable.

And so I came back to this thread to see:

- A poster calling the King of Seir a Goat Fucker
- Way too much discussions of dicks
- Waifarrow
- Enkidel discovering the secret of loving EXPLOSIONS

After spending the day in an absolute funk, feeling like absolute poo poo and legitimately scared for my health and mental state, this thread has managed to make me not just smile, but laugh and feel better. :unsmith:

Never change thread, never change

EDIT: Oh yeah voting. I think P sounds like a good idea

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
D

Life regularly keeps me away from the thread, but it's nice to come back to decisions I can make a firm stance about. We hosed up, Chait is angry as hell and I can accept that, and most importantly we need to just accept that happened.

I think we, ultimately, made the right decision vis-a-vis Chaitgate. At least this way there is some hope of salvaging the relationship, or at least being seen as not complete and utter scum. Just regular scum.

Edit: Also Diog, your writing is amazing. When Chait went apeshit at us, my heart sank because we'd let someone down.

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 29, 2017

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
1. Do you leave with your bow?
A. Yes

2. Is there anything else you want to say to Chait? If so, fill in.
I know it may not mean much, but please let me just say how much your friendship and tutelage have meant to me. I did not mean to throw it away lightly, and hope that one day my actions will allow you to remember me fondly. It was with the best of intentions that I did what I did, but I realise now that they led me down a dark path. Farewell, Chait. I will not bother you again.

3. Where do you go next?
D. Painfully make my way to Danal's home. It is only a few streets over, I can even limit how many people see me since it is the closest destination. Fall into a bed and let Danal's family take care of me.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Also do recall that at that point in time we were under the impression we'd already broken the oath just by shooting the Oldemokt and having pain transfer kick in.

Yeah, this is what I was assuming. In my head, our actions (albeit indirectly) led to a human life being ended, which I took as breaking the oath. After that... Well I disagreed with the "Send the bomb-arrow to near the humans" bit but in my mind at least the damage was already done.

As a "Tell Chait" voter, I will also say this, which I know has already been said: I know that we could have gotten away with it. We could have not told him, it would have been fine. Except he deserves better than that. He has been a relatively forthright, stand-up guy who we made a promise to. A promise we were under the impression we broke.

I made my vote knowing what the consequences (I thought) would be, and was prepared to lose our bow because quite honestly otherwise I would have thought we did not deserve it.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
It has been a hell of a couple days, but I've finally caught back up post-Chaitgate. A short summary of reactions:

- I am glad people didn't vote to get rid of paper and parchment. I don't know if it's just my natural real life distrust of organised religion coming through but bowing to Zeb on that one would have been stupid, and I am on Team Heart Full of El

-Levi's a lil dick scamming his dad like that

-The Orm made me sad and I wish we could help it but if El's not going for it... best to not rock the boat. Well done thread.

-Sandals are awesome.

-Uriah's final line about the King kissing his rear end was hysterical and i laughed for a good couple minutes.

Looking forward to future votes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
G