Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

- Take the sandals and put them on right now (leave the spear in exchange). They look like normal sandals, so no hiding required

- K. ask for the clothes to hide the flute

Changed vote in another post

Question: Are the sandals our size at all?

I'm still hoping they magically change size when we put them on even they are not our size now. If that doesn't happen then we don't wear them right now of course.

ShadowGlass fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

- Take the sandals and leave the spear in exchange.

- Try to wake up Denal and have him pick 1 item too

- J. Ask mom for advice. If she says we should tell the others then we do so, if not then she helps hiding stuff

If we can wake up Denal we should really let him pick an item. He is our bestest friend (and he is 5, he might be jealous if he doesn't get anything).

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Be careful to not lie if Tudiya asks, so the *shrug* "I've found them" is actually perfect, as it's not a lie.

Also voting to ask for some clothes (in the morning, not now)

ShadowGlass fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 16, 2013

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Seems to me that the items we found were things that other people left and they only looked amazing and wonderful, and reverted to their normal appearance once they were taken out. But they got enchanted by virtue of being left there.

Statue-dude said the items were made by the same guy that made him.

Diog: Do we still get the knowledge of playing the flute if we touch it?

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

I'm working on a spreadsheet count

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Spreadsheet is up. Let me know if I made any mistakes.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

Thank you for your help, Shadowglass. On several questions you have combined tallies I do not understand, like 4 and 5, but the individual counts helped.

Update goes up tonight. Voting is quasi-closed. You can still vote, if a vote changes radically we will change the result but for the ones that are close, they stand at whatever tally we have now, unless the results change in a big way.

I actually forgot to vote myself. :bang:

For 4, I simply grouped the choices which start with "Don't try again..." (for some reason) and the choices which start with "Try again..." (for some reason) + F which is also trying again, just a bit differently :)

For 5, I guess you could say that both B and D are kind of grey areas. So we could just group A+C and E+F?

We wouldn't need these groupings if we used a score voting system. :eng101: Everybody can give a score of 0-5 or 0-10 to each choice based on how much they like it (you can give the same score to different choices). :)

My votes:
1. D
2. D
3. A
4. G
5. C
6. C
7. B
8. B
9. L
10. A + sword
11. A

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

tarepanda posted:

We've seen the power of Tudiyas and all of his followers, especially Ishmal, first-hand. That's pretty amazing.

The minority view doesn't deny or contradict their powers, if I understand it correctly, they just call it "magic".

Diog, some questions about this "magic" stuff (according to the minority):

The high priestess vilifies the descendants of Labaras because they pass on the magic "in the family" secretly, but it was not mentioned that she is teaching it to anyone else. So how is she better than them? I'm not asking this from her. We don't want to upset anyone. I'm asking if we can pick this up based on what they teach. Since these are religions opposing each other I'm assuming there is a lot of "we are better than them because...".

Do we even know if the magic can be taught to anyone? Or by anyone who knows it?

What does the majority believers (mostly the priest and Tudiya) think about her "miracles"? If they claim that such powers come from El, but she teaches that El doesn't exist that seems like a contradiction (in the sense of why would El give her powers if she undermines his worship).

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

SerSpook posted:

So yeah. More to toss onto the "Enkidel is in fact somewhat supernatural/divine" evidence pile. We have greater eyesight than a descendant of Labaras and the son of a true hero.

MUCH better eyesight than Danal. He said he couldn't see the banner at all, while we can see what's depicted on it to a great detail (of a birds beak painted in red and dripping with blood). Seeing details like "dripping with blood" is a huge difference from not even seeing it because it's too far.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

Ishamal says to one of his drinking buddies "Show off", they all laugh and then sit down on the dirt and drink, one pulls out a pair of dice.
We've heard that (from a mile away)? And saw that it was a pair of dice (from a mile away)?

Diogines posted:

A hundred or more horns are blown with a deafening roar
the men of Zepath's army scream in unison "EEEEELLLLL!" ... You hear even the guards of Tudiya's home join the cry and others beyond in the city. The minotaurs bay loudly in fear ...
Danal certainly yells ...

That's a a lot of noise. And among all this we could make out this:

Diogines posted:

You might notice that Bareen and her small number of veteran adventurers cry out "Ganal!" and not El as they run, what are they carrying all that rope for?
You might also hear one of Ishamal's drinking buddies cry "Shwarma!" and join the fray, though the rest did not and laugh in response.

Diog, can you confirm that Enkidel can actually hear/see these details?

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

R. Play the flute!

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Danal selling the horns is something really unexpected and generous, we should find out if it was his idea or what. Encourage this kind of thing in the future.

We can just ask I guess.
Ask Danal (smiling, so he knows we like it): Was it your idea to give the horns to Paebel, so he can free his father?

Votes:
1: B
2: B Nothing against Danal, but we don't know what the answers might be (there will be talk about Asherah probably). We can always choose to tell him about it after we have the answers.
3: A

Question to ourselves: Did we always have this good sight/hearing, or only since we moved to the city (maybe as a result of something on our travel here). For example as a child when we saw the men go out to see for fishing, did we see small (dice sized) details when they were a mile away? We probably climbed up to some better vantage point a few times during all those years, so line of sight wouldn't be a problem. Did we usually hear what people were talking about from far away?

Question to Ishamal: Can Ophanim/Melachim father children with a human mother? Does this happen? Are there stories about such things?
If yes, then what do the stories say about such children? Are they special/different similar to Labaras' descendants or are they "normal" human?

Also voting yes to tell Ishamal about all of the dream scenes and voices.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

The general vibe I am getting is you want to share details of your supernatural experiences with Ishamal, where they are relevant to your questions.

I'd say share all the dreams/voices stuff regardless if they are relevant or not. And generally ask his opinion about what does it all mean. Don't talk about the sandal/flute/forest pavilion.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

One possible problem with plan OhYo is that if we do that, Azz might decide that we are actually lying and don't know Ishamal after all and let us die in the desert.

I have no clue if he is telling the truth about him and Ishamal being age-old buddies, or if they are age-old enemies and he wants to track him down. The sudden change in his attitude makes it obvious that he really-really wants to know about him though. He seems like a guy who'd have to force himself to be so nice to such a lowly creature as us (you could almost hear the gritting teeth behind the smiles).

The "I don't want to get into trouble" slip is interesting too...

While we are considering bargaining, we could also ask about our father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

Just how hungry are you?

1. G.
2. R. It's his decision