Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I've been trying to catch up before the recap because even with the excellent summary I feel like I'm missing so much, such that I don't know if I wouldn't stop being a wrong voter.

Tsyni posted:

This is so perfect. We should devote all of our time to practicing flying with it.

Based on earlier attempts to "hide" such activity, I doubt those that matter will be fooled, and it's the act which will get them riled up, not whether or not Enkindel would be found out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Outrail posted:

The theory that we've been playing the prequel to madgod has been floating around for a while now.

Is there a summary of Madgod at all? I don't have archives.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

I wonder, was the Doom speaking as if Shushem for leverage, or could the Doom have been Shushem, blessed with a new form by Asherah?

EDIT: Also, why specifically speak to Enkindel, when he's clearly strong willed like most blooded men; literally anyone could smash the Altar, correct?

EmpyreanFlux fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 1, 2016

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Sounds like the weirdest leverage though "It's me son, your fake father who nearly killed your mother and beat you every day, please open the way for us, TIA." You'd think it'd look for something else, something Enkindel actually cares about rather than loathes. Kind of sounds like an info dump and he just went with the first thing it found "Oh god 38 years of this bullshit, I'll just skim and pick what sticks out".

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Wish for immense Roc that can carry a container filled with everyone to Zepath. The journey here was fraught with danger on the ground but the sky itself seems empty of threatening things, so really stop thinking of teleporting or stasis and just think of things which can fly us there. Longer journey but potentially less cataclysmic?

Also, it'd be Amok who would do everything he can to save everyone. He seems to harbor an enormous grudge against the Melachim based on their "freedom above all else, including to die", which Amok strongly disagrees with and sees no point in freedom if it means writhing in torment in a soul reactor for eternity because you had the temerity to be born human and mundane. I wonder if Amok and Azzazal (along with Damat as it seems his absence greatly troubles Amok) are on half decent terms - Azz seems to be on the side which is interventionist and it could be that he fell out with the rest of the Melachim after the destruction of Amok's city and the entombing of Amok's children.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Waci posted:

The sky has been very thoroughly established as dangerous.

Olothreutes posted:

Flying things were covered last time as well, there are indeed flying dangers that we have avoided thus far and a big flying thing is more visible to them. And also visible to things on the ground of great power.

Okay fair enough, what about a container/bag of infinite holding so as to contain all of the refugees, and march back with the rest of our Balls?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Speaking of Amok, I get that he's on a roaring rampage through Fare but drat if his help wouldn't be mightily appreciated right now. I think he'd understand, even sympathize with our situation.

How far away is Amok's crypt? Anyway to contact him to let him we dropped off a few hundred people?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Kind of leaning stasis, if only because it'd be hilarious to get swole enough to come back on the day a year from now to yet again dunk on Gebeb - don't kill him, just give him the 5 seconds he needs every year to know that he's just being put back into timeout.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Nettle Soup posted:

Kid teleport, Tudiya will pick them up.
Tell these people we're sorry but we can't help them. Tell them that if they're recaptured they should spread the word that there's a civ out there where people aren't eaten and treated as cattle.
Grab what we can carry and Get The gently caress Out Enkidel.

Wait, brilliant idea, materialize the Ur equivalent to the anarchists cookbook, imprint it on the minds of everyone present as well, and use these villagers as seeds of a rebellion. Give them the holy task of liberating their fellow man in the name of El.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Has it been discussed on whether we should even transport to Kavodel/Zepath? Why not forgo stealth completely (if that's what it costs) to transport everyone/thing to Baitel?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

SerSpook posted:

We would be intercepted along the way, and devoured.

Well drat, I was hoping the stealth was more about not leaving a detectable ??? trial.

How far away is Amok's crypt? Would it be feasible to have something generated which can do short jumps with a recharge time?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Have the teleport function within the bounds of real physics so Gebek is nuked after we teleport Balls, loot and kids. This solves the "they'll suffer because giants/demons" problem, and our "leaves traces behind" problem.

But no seriously either we get a reusable, short range teleporter or we at least spin leaving the adults behind as our task to them, from El, to liberate their fellow men.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

S. But send one Ball instead of all of them
J. Plan Azuth0667

Diog, could the giants be repurposed to serve us?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

You destroyed the bodies of the giants.

I'm speaking more hypothetical, rather than the current crop.

Also, since it seems to be gaining traction, can we make the "180 Children, 1 Ball, Walk Home with Loot" a discrete option? It's possible to choose that by modifying either R or S so tallying may be confusing.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

Could you use the resources available to enslave other giants? Is that the question?

Enslave, enthrall, convert, even reshape. Assume war is inevitable with Fake Amok and New Amelak, what is the potential of turning the giants to serve the sons of Labaras and humanity to good and fruitful purpose that is pleasing to El? Would El reject the idea of turning the giants against each other?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

You could create something to enslave the will of some of the giants.

Some? Would it be a worthwhile amount? Limitations on type or strength? Is this pleasing to El and/or our Benefactor? How does it feel with the idea of the Giants praising and serving El?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

SerSpook posted:

You know...

We could enslave a giant faction, make then kill more giants until they are all dead and use the soul stones for more giant enslavement? If we can do this again that is

Yea, that's kind of where I am going with this, although in preference making it a "Cult of El" among the giants. Let's create a heresy amongst the giants, the best kind of heresy. We're not going to bust down the doors of New Amelak or overthrow Fake Amok and all his demon lords without having this empire turn in on itself. Also, the benefit to this means the giants will be infinitely more concerned with self-policing than striking out, potentially giving Zepath breathing room.

Diogines posted:

You have no opinion on how you feel about it.

How many you could enslave depends on how powerful they are. This would not be an effective strategy to overwhelm even Gebek, if you had such an item when you came. It won't be enough.

How much would be required to enslave/convert a single average giant? Are we talking 1:1 here?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

A few dozen with all of the resources available now?

An "average" giant was about 20 feet tall and possessed no magical powers of any sort you could see, besides being very big and very strong.

The Silver Mesh were 40 feet tall and some, but not most of them seemed to have supernatural powers?

The Gold Mesh were also about 40 feet tall and all of them seemed to have supernatural powers.

So if the process can be replicated (IF) then it's possible to say take over a border town here and there, breed a cult and mythos of El amongst the giants, and sow disruption within the empire? I think the biggest question is: can the giants be saved and brought into the glorious embrace of El? Am I reading it correctly that the giants are not soley composed of what I assume are human souls sacrificed to animate the constructs? That they have an existence separate from needing human souls to function, as potentially evidenced by the ones (I guess spiritual manifestation?) detained and screaming as we plot on what to do with them?

Toughy posted:

I'm the only one that thinks using human soul powered giants against other giants is as bad as making human soul powered giants in the first place, not to mention that Dio already said it'd be ineffective against the likes of Gebeb and his like?

The point is to turn them away from the false practices and subservience to demons and to the worship of El. Releasing their victims could potentially be a part of this, but I'm not particularly troubled by the idea that the enemies of El fighting amongst each other, and don't see it on the same level as consumption of humans and the rites necessary to bring giants into existence.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Nettle Soup posted:

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer: How about : A small object, attuned to these people and their bloodlines, not us or our balls, which would protect them from the beasts of the wilds and demons and the giants looking for them if they decided to become nomads on their own. Placed on the ground it slowly rotates until it points at the nearest non-underground water source. We could then leave them to it and they could go off and found their own city somewhere else, or follow behind us more slowly on their own terms.

I kind of like this idea - this solves the issue of trying to save these people while not being hypocritical (made a sacrifice to El, take this banner/object with you where ever you may go and Els shall protect you), while also allowing us to cart off our loot.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

It would not work on a sufficiently powerful "demon". Otherwise, this is viable. Depending on how powerful it is, it might attract attention.

Not a solution if you intend to tell the Gebebans to take it and run.

So a potential sanctuary is possible? Would this be a ward or glamour?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Switching my S to R. I don't know how modified "teleport kids" votes are being counted, and I'm super uncomfortable with murdering 587 innocent people to escape the consequences of our actions, so I'd rather get a proper counter vote going.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diog, does Ur rotate? Is the world on which we exist a spherical object? Because if so, what's the ruling on making us and out loot intangible and frictionless to everything, but having us not sink below the elevation of Zepath? Like, could we use the natural rotation of Ur to just...slide to Zepath, for a lack of a better analogy?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

The world is flat.

As far you know.

This seems weird for Enkindel not to know, as his extremely keen eyesight would mean he'd be very aware of the effect of the curvature of Ur on objects appearing on the horizon.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

One of my bigger problems with Q is that the thread is assuming a lot based on a very surface level interaction with the blue, for lack of a better term, "souls". We don't really understand what they are, what their function is, and how they fit into the underlying framework of Ur. Yes, from our perspective they look like the dead and it definitely triggers an empathetic response, yet we have been repeatedly told to just ignore it. Why? I can't fathom right now, but I'd rather listen to the people who understand what's going on in the background about this matter, and who appear benevolent and have our interests at heart, then just assuming we know exactly what we're dealing with and loving something up instead.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Tsyni posted:

You think a melachim will come save 500 chumps? Or Amok? Or who is it that you imagine doing this. How will they get 500 people back to Ur? If it was trivial to do then we could do it or it would have been done.

Amok maybe - our limited interaction with him would indicate that he'd teleport all 587 people because he believes he has a duty to protect mankind, especially in the face of the Melachim who he would see as refusing to give up enough energy to make the best case scenario happen; he's already got an immense beef with them when they let Old Amalak fall. Someone like Amok sheparding us to within 2 weeks of Zepath would likely go pretty well, as Amok is on an entirely different playing field compared to virtually everything we've encountered, gently caress it'd easily take someone on Fare's level to screw with us, and Fake Amok to threaten us.

It's possible it'd be quite heretical though, and since he seems to be a Utilitarian he might weigh the utter destruction of Fare's Empire vs 587 people as not worth answering.

Diog, what do the whispers say if we ask to send an urgent message to Amok for assistance?

There Bias Two posted:

So....what if we're getting a different Melachim on the other end of the line every time we make a sacrifice to El?

We've clearly got the new guy in the human resources department.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

You can communicate with Amok. It is a lettered option, though it had no support. Could the Gebebans be descendants of the Amalakites? If they are, would he want to help? Though the last time you saw him he seemed to have something on his mind.

Yes, but do the whispers feel revulsion, anger? We are basically telling them that what they wish to provide is inadequate, and that we seek out another power. We got such enormous poo poo from El when we apparently kneeled before Fare, this seems to be within the same spectrum.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Based on Amoks questions, pretty certain at this point El = Labaras or at the very least Labaras = Amok. Whatever El is, it's probably using the souls gathered to mount Har in a very similar fashion to the demons and nephilim, although I wager in a more metaphysical sense rather than being stuffed into a physical body and suffering for an eternity. When El or the Melachim perform miracles, they're using these souls as a fuel source (with consent from the souls, this is why everything seems so drat bureaucratic), when blooded men are born they are imbued with similar energy (I think this would explain the thinning of the blood, fewer souls to Mount Har means fewer blooded can be born because you have fewer souls consenting to be recycled/reborn). They don't want us to dwell or look through the keyhole on this with incomplete information because holy poo poo it'd look like El was a demon.

This is why free will and choice is so important to the Melachim, because without that distinction they'd be much closer to the demons and it'd be pretty easy to cross the line without realizing it with mechanistic utilitarianism.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diog, is choosing stasis instantaneous? Do we have a chance to give the villagers a choice?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Grognan posted:

Also if we frame someone else for cattle rustling then they won't be looking for them hidden away.

So P and plan Arko? I kind of like the idea of framing Fare and the Norcs for this, because when they go charging into Fare's empire, they'll run into the man currently dismantling it; real Amok. And the conversation that would follow would be priceless as real Amok would probably become enraged about this fake Amok. RIP new Amalak?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

That and regardless the House of Silence isn't comparable to Q because the House of Silence gives people a choice, which we are distinctly not doing with Q.

We're not getting feedback not because El is lukewarm about it, but rather being given an opportunity to show wisdom. Any input from the whispers/El would mean we wouldn't be making an actual moral decision. This is different from the revulsion and anger felt about physically changing the Gebekians, we know within our culture that's a bit of a nono.

I feel like Q is the worst decision, it is not our right to decide the fate of these people without their input.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diog, what's the word on Sogols pocket dimension plan? I like it but it has no traction yet, is this even possible?

Sogol posted:

Plan pocket dimension, safe house.

Ugh... This is such a troubling way to restart.

Most combo options are essentially sacrificing an entire people for the sake of getting something shiny-ish. Greater good and all that no doubt.

The entity helping us seems to have a particular interest in things being hidden and being able to remain hidden.

I am wondering why my J- essentially create something like a pocket dimension suggestion has been completely ignored.

It is seems possible since it is included in the stasis option and is even a lesser example of that. The next three months of being hidden are probably the most crucial. We leave all the food and supplies with them. The Balls head to the House of Zepath. It is not perfect and might get discovered eventually, but it does a few things.

- It gives the Gebs a place that has a good chance of remaining hidden for a long time in order to build and recover.

- They could not leave for a long time, but that seems better than rufying them or manipulating their deaths for our own sake. It puts their fate more directly in their own (and ideologically in El's) hands.

- It potentially gives us a hide out/safe house complete with a El bent population for future use... Outside of Ur.

- Most importantly the intent and action are not simply horrific or suicidal.

It will be hard for them at first, but not nearly as hard as any of the other options.

So, I am wondering why there hasn't been any response to it at all?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

I can see one teensy problem with calling Amok though, and that is we just liberated these people in the name of El, Amok showing up is either A) going to cause the Gebekians to assume Amok is El, or B) create a bit of a crisis due to the theological issues Amok represents.

Also looking back, I'm not quite terrified of Biatel. Amok indicated that he wanted to know the condition of the "Gods" at Biatel and Zepath. This kind of means Labaras and Zepa were his contemporaries and likely half Melachim as well. Which means Labaras's sons were potential hunger demons, as well as Zepas. Which means hidden under both cities is a crypt filled with hunger demons, waiting. Remember not much is said about Labaras's sons, rather his grandchildren which founded the cities. It's possible Zepa solved his issue by accepting the promise Amok likely refused when confronted with their ravenous children. Zepa can't interfere or the Melachim step away and the bindings for the hunger demons loosen; his children are probably fairly close to the melachim (hence the extreme bloodedness of Zepath) but have effectively been cutoff from ever reaching hunger demon stage as part of the deal.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Revoting to Plan SKY COQ. Lets get Amok to run Amok on Amok.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

How far away is Amok's tomb Diog? Is it a week, two weeks? A month? Would this be considered a relatively safe place?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

Your group was attacked by giant mosquito monsters there.

You fought them off, your group is pretty tough.

They would go through the Gebebans easily.

So basically, from Enkindel's perspective there is no safe space out here for the nonblooded. They need a protector, one that can consistently protect them from physical threats.

Could Enkindel bargain to claim a section of this land as Zepathan? To, by proxy give it the same protection as Zepath?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The real threat of our existence is more that we'd be a big dumb bull in a tiny china shop, except the china is nuclear weapons. That's why teaching us self control and finesse is a viable alternative to imprisoning us forever or killing us.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

There's an endless world of demons out there to kill if you can only climax by killing something goons. Snuffing 600 people against their will is suddenly ok because, why? The Whispers don't expressly get angry? What next, no divine being actively tells us not to eat a baby human, so it must be ok?

For fucks sake, these are people. Don't murder them. Stasis, teleporting, anything but that. You kill these people and there's no going back.

Enkindel: "I played El once." El: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Plan Task Manager + Arm the villagers, point them north, and teach them about sacrificing to El for favor

See if we can't do a cram session and make one the Gebebians a priest of El.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Outrail posted:

Jesus, I can't believe we're doing this. Well I can because running anything through the Council of Clowns does this sort of thing but.. gah.

This is a total Sophie's choice and at the moment we're deciding to just shrug and walk away rather than do anything useful because we'd rather not do something bad and let a cruel thing happen than do something bad and prevent a cruel thing to happen. Just pathetically weak really.

Also adding to my bet that we just leave the adults for eternal torment is the secondary bet that we don't sac/destroy all our gear to obscure who we are, but instead give it all to the adults so they can 'protect themselves' from the giants. Yep that's totally going to work. A bunch of weak untrained humans can do so much more than strong highly trained soldiers led by a literal superhuman. Just as long as they have thoughts and wishes behind them and a sword. So now they know exactly who we are.

Just make sure they know that our thoughts and wishes are with them. That's super important or they're doomed.

Are you the part of Enkindel's brains responsible for screaming impotently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Spiros posted:

Is it possible for voters to agree to not get personal and lovely about votes in this game that we and the person running it play for fun? If Enkidel does something you hate, that's what you get for not playing Labaras' Balls: The Video Game

Would unironically play a video game based on Ur, I think the closest though is Titanquest, which was a fun game.