Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

1b 2I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Ah gently caress it let's do this. Changing my vote to Y

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Let's go for a swim and find out whatever horrible demons are in the lake bed.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Changing my second question vote to T

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A
G
Take some otter friends home for snarls to play/bark at.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

N

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

R
We're basically bronze age aquaman at this point so we should try to befriend it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mr. Nemo posted:

You all are understimating how strong Enkidel is. He'll barely notice the water when we unavoidably turn this into a combat situation.

But how effective is a club against something with no bones at all?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

G
And I was hoping to not get into a fight for once. Oh well.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Plan Basscop

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I
Let us never speak of this again

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

D

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Acco doesn't need slaves they can't wield arms. Acco needs freemen that can fight the Norc menace! Don't think of suggesting slaves be allowed to own arms, that's a bad idea for multiple reasons but mostly rebellion related.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Enkidel shouldn't knowingly take an action that leads directly to thousands of innocent kidnapping victims dying in a gem mine imo.

A reminder a bunch of slaves aren't just debt slaves but prisoners of war and atleast 30%+ will die working on the gem mine.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Diog how expensive are slaves compared to labourers? I swear I remember you mentioning that slaves in zepath weren't typically used for farming and I'm unsure if I'm remembering correctly.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Patrick Spens posted:

Switching from A to D. But don't ban slavery. Instead, convince the king to adopt Kavodel style laws that require all men to be armed and trained. Try to pitch it as a security measure, and that he will need armed men, not serfs the next time the Bnaikmockt attack.

This is going to get us in so much trouble.
I'm all for this form of doing D. This or banning new slaves.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Greggster posted:

Why can't we just send some of our more experienced miners to help set up sustainable, actually survivable mining?

There's nothing preventing us from doing this after seeing the slaves. There's no reason to care about expendable slaves though.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You did good everybody.
You did good.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We're standing up for the little man the slaves that will die en masse to his horrible gem mine! That we looked for and planned to tell him about in some fashion

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A P

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

What if something happened to Snarls?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

How often are deals over the timespan of multiple Jubilees made? If they are made what would be the outlook on someone who breaks said promise after a jubilee. I understand there's no legal recourse but what about reputation?,

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

G
I

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

C

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Changing my vote to Plan Basscop

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I have a question, would it be feasible to ask the mines for some rocks for us to potentially try and snipe the sacrifices/surrounding Norcs with Basscop's plan? It might be a good idea to try and snipe some sorcerers and if that fails go after the sacrifices. Dunno how hard we can pitch them vs the dude that was able to pitch wall blocks like a human howitzer.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

.1 D
2 KM
3 N
4 Q

Guys I really don't feel confident going against this thing without an army unless we take a giant gamble on trying to snipe the leader or demon. I don't think we should stay around.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also a reminder that even if we run back, we can still ambush them and attempt to snipe the leader from a better position possibly.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Diog, do all altars and prayers involve burning something? Can we just do a non offering prayer or is that unheard of.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Schwza posted:

We can bump Enkidel up to h3 if we go for Prophet. All we have to do is start spreading our bible...

Can Snarls tell the balls to get boulders ready to use as artillery?

This is honestly a good idea if we try to ambush them with the balls. Doesn't matter if they have giant shields if a boulder thrown by a blooded man is thrown at them.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Atleast with our Pretender strategy we don't have to worry about Astral Corruption ruining us. We don't use much magic and our strongest units are resistant to it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If we move back and ambush them from a better position I bet we can easily snipe the rider off. So much for reinforcements though, this prayer didn't change my mind all that much on what we should do. We need to ambush the people who were planning to ambush is who were planning to ambush them in the first place. It's a genius idea and they wouldn't think of us planning to ambush them now!

E: Honestly trying to shoot them now when there's nobody around might be a really good idea. There's no risk of it trampalling our men or the mine if we choose to ambush it back at that spot.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 9, 2017

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

V

This is probably the best spot to kill it as I stated earlier.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

alpaca diseases posted:

Out of curiosity Diog,

wrt our orders not to be captured, is it physically possible to shoot ourselves in the head with one of our own arrows?

Let's test it out and find if it will or not.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Olothreutes posted:

It's worth noting that V is still a risk, if we miss or fail to take out the sorcerer for any reason we're pretty close and probably can't outrun the beast, which becomes problematic.

If we can take the beast separating the sorcerer from the others might not be a bad idea.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Went through the updated posts for Question 4.

Q: 3
T: 1
U: 11
V: 23

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A
J

Yeah honestly if we hit the dude either he'll take no damage or have a giant hole probably. If he barely took any damage oh boy we'd be in trouble from how strong this dude is to begin with.

Instead we should poison the beast with option E :getin:

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 10, 2017

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Hey guys can we please try to not poison the giant animal? We could go on an awesome pilgrimage to Baitel with it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm down for Beastmaster Enkidel, but I think we're gonna have to take a pass on this one.

I was thinking more taking the head to Baitel than it alive. As amazing as tjahd be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I was speaking mostly for future votes to keep in mind. A pilgrimage with the skull would be awesome to offer to El in Baitel.