Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Finally caught up and we aren't even Enkidel.

Well this guy probably poops at least, so that's one problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

FoxTerrier posted:

Hey welcome dude. Were you catching up from the beginning? El-drat if so

I cheated a little bit. The OP links to a recap that took me from Athar up to the end of the Gebek trip and I started there. Still took me a few weeks to catch up.

Is it worth going back for the non-recap version of events or am I solid?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I don't think I'm ever going to care enough to skim the other posts, but I'll probably go back and read all of Diog's. I've read every one post-recap, so why not?

Anyway, Weigh our blooded bronze sword, ask it to fly like an arrow then fire it from a bow.

Am I playing the game right yet?

e: also ask it to be a hat

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Diogines posted:

I am impressed with anyone who catches up at this point! Welcome! You should be good if you read the recap and then read since there.

Yes. You are.

My compliments to the capybaras on such an interesting and immersive setting. And of course the writing and delivery of information.

And maps. El, I love maps. Please don't look at my eu4 playtime.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Speaking of all this height stuff, how many beds did Enkidel go through when he was still growing? I imagine he grew more than anyone expected, so it's not like they had a 10' bed just lying around for him.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I want a detailed family tree. With double and triple bonds like an atomic model.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Ah, my first real vote. How exciting. Time to make a name for myself by voting unlike anyone else.

C Lb

so much for that

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
W Y

might as well try to help as best we can without getting caught

Xinder fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 30, 2017

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

John_A_Tallon posted:

Zb. The five men rescuing their own families get two chips each. You don't ask any questions what they do with those, but they surely have people they know who they wish to protect beyond their families. Be up front with the Lieutenant about this later, and that it was done to make sure that squad morale isn't shattered going forward.

John_A_Tallon posted:

In light of that I'll change my vote to Zb. The five men rescuing their own families get two chips each. You don't ask any questions what they do with those, but they surely have people they know who they wish to protect beyond their families.

Changing my vote to this. Seems way better, actually.

Xinder fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 30, 2017

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Volmarias posted:

I realize that we're trying to be Schindler and all but that sword is probably going to be the only thing between our family and demonic consumption.

Yes, please don't lose that good sword. We need that sword.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm reading diog's posts from the beginning now instead of just going by recap and I love all the options for sacrificing Danal to Asherah.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Yeah, I (and I'm interpreting most people voting similarly) am playing Damuzi as more of a "my people" type person than a "no slaves ever" type person. Big difference.

If it were Accoans being rounded up, (my idea of) Damuzi wouldn't give a poo poo.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Keen eye? I'm pretty sure Damuzi wears bronze age glasses actually.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Diogines posted:

C. Go to the neighborhood where you grew up. You know who there are actually Gezerans and who are just poor. There are some households there that can pay the tax though most won't be able to. Use your superior knowledge of the neighborhood to help your squad try to get a leg up on the other soldiers.

This is the one in second place. It's also "get some slaves" but maybe not as much.

I'm not sure where the "so many people are voting to end slavery" idea is coming from.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Diogines posted:

Ishamal said his favorite food was whale. It is a rare and exotic treat.

Enkidel should go on an excursion to get Ish a treat.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Q
W

Better armor, better pay, and a more interesting vantage point to view the destruction of all we love. Why wouldn't we try to be a palace guard?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Zepathian foreigners at least.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
B

And I drat well hope this vote is unanimous.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Oh hey voting is still open. Surprised I made it in time.

A

I like N in theory, but I don't like drawing attention to ourselves. Let's play more opportunistically.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i'm gonna laugh in your faces when SWORD MAN kills all 3 of them without a scratch.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Surely we can bribe our way into the tops of the fishman hierarchy!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
E

And hope like hell he's too surprised by the move to get us while we're closing the distance.

I'll hold off on 2 unless someone says something I really like.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

TheCog posted:

If we die, maybe we can play as merchant dude and manage to miss the jubilee there too.

Let's manage to miss Jubilee with literally all of the options Diog presented to us. I know we can do it if we try!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Ugh, I want to say B but I've been hit by paranoia now thanks to the thread.

CbF

Let's err on the side of caution. If the brute looks like he's going to win we should totally throw our spear at him though before he can turn his attention to us.

Xinder fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 6, 2017

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

the_steve posted:

Ask the Blooded Ring Announcer: "So, I just gotta kill these two and I'm in, right?"

I'll third asking this

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Outrail posted:

At this point I'm thinking sword man should reassess his priorities and try to long game an assassination against the captain of the guard or the king for allowing this poo poo to happen.

We can do that post-Jubilee if we survive it. Sword Man is our new main character, right? We're not going back to Enkidel, are we?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
These e votes are gonna get us killed for nothing.

Oops now I guess I'm the one complaining about wrongvoters

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

FoxTerrier posted:

Why should they care about witnesses?

There's no reason to believe the king doesn't sanction this 100%

gently caress, he's probably in the audience.

Oh that's where you're getting confused. No the king is behind this easily.

Witnesses refers to telling the commoners. They probably don't want a rumor about this place going around.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Swordman murders a dude in seconds because he's so good at swording.

"We stand no chance in combat"

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Rereading and

Diogines posted:

Arrowheads are generally made of stone. You have seen some copper, bronze and even iron arrowheads in the hands of Bareen's seasoned monster hunters, but they are more of a specialty good and more expensive, commissioned from smiths as needed.

oopsie

e: also during the minotaur battle it was said that some of the Zepathian men had spears with iron heads.

Xinder fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 6, 2017

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
F

"Oh, you're finally finished?"

e: also N because why not

Xinder fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 7, 2017

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
If this guy gets one good hit in at close range we're finished.

But if we wound him with thrown spears first, we lessen the chances of that. That's my reasoning anyway. Once he's weakened, we should have an easier time with the sword.

I definitely don't like our chances with the spear. The "rich guy" or whatever was probably way better with a spear than us, and look how that turned out for him. This brute is trained for fighting spearmen.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Crazycryodude posted:

Is throwing spears at him even gonna do much? Like, he's Blooded, won't he just.... see it coming, take a step to the left, and effortlessly dodge?

Probably, but maybe we'll get lucky? We have 3 chances.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I really appreciate what a poo poo Damuzi is. It'd be no fun if he acted on the same morals and principles as Enkidel.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I kinda agree with both of you, but my point is mostly that trying to play Damuzi as if he were Enkidel is dumb and thus far I'm glad what's winning out so far is playing him like a different person with different experiences and a different mentality.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Well that went about as expected. It was worth a shot though.

D

Let's just rely on what we're best at and hope we're better at it than he thinks.

e: update last page: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4427#post477144948

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Changing vote from D to K

I'm moving to plan delay him and see if we can get him frustrated before we go for the aggressive sword swinging

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
J

Let's go out like the opposite of a hero.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Z the IVth posted:

Though I am going to laugh if we successfully do so and he drops the maul on our head accidentally.

you have no idea how much i want this to be how Damuzi goes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
A

let's not look a gift horse in the mouth