Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Question for Azzazel: Who is our father?

I assume he won't answer though.

Question for Diog: Is using Google (translate) for the Godspeak cheating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absum
May 28, 2013

A.

I don't think the trial is over until we have been to the temple.

Absum
May 28, 2013

F

Absum
May 28, 2013

Tudiya posted:

The demons remain. And their hunger is eternal... they grow hungrier and as they do, men grow weaker."

Is the above true, and can something be done about it if so?

Do the Kadmonim also have a darker skin?

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

What did Tudiya yell when he was charging the minotaurs?
El, king of the world. Azzazel translated this already? Or do you think he actually said something else?

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Why are there no legends about Azzazel?
Labaras meets him in the desert, so he's in at least one.

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. A

2. I I don't like disobedience, but foreskins!

3. M

4. S Maximizing foreskin acquirement opportunities

5. Y

Is 1.A purely foraging and preparation? Or does the general "you have learned more of hunting" include bits of both sneaking and tracking?

If A is a little bit of everything needed for hunting I'll vote for that. We don't immediately need anything, all of it will be useful in the future, and I assume we will be practicing all of these skills the coming years either way.

Absum fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 5, 2013

Absum
May 28, 2013

Changing my vote to 5.Y then.

Apart from that I guess I'm voting 1.A after all.

Absum
May 28, 2013

1.A
2.F
3.M
4.T

I do feel we need to practice with our club a bit, otherwise we'll end up rather vulnerable when we are on our own.
We don't have any free time anymore though, so maybe next time?

Absum fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 8, 2013

Absum
May 28, 2013

Wouldn't A/B most likely end with us breaking our no-magic promise (if we haven't already)?

It's not clear where the distinction between magic and Might Men powers lies.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Not sure how I feel about this, but let's go with D.

Absum
May 28, 2013

E, walking.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Angela Christine posted:

The only other civilized ethnic group we know of is the Horse People, but we don't know what they look like because they live far away from Zepath.

Ishamal told us our skin is darker than theirs iirc.

Absum
May 28, 2013

I don't know whether what she says is true or not, but we still have 9 years left on our promise. She can't teach us unless we go against the wishes of a Melachim. Doesn't make sense.

Apart from that I'd like to ask her what her real name is then.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Ask her for her real name.

No to all minivote questions for now.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Absum posted:

Ask her for her real name.

Absum
May 28, 2013

In all honesty, I think she means well, whther or not her beliefs are true. There is also no way we are getting out of this unless we get divine aid.

That said, I'm voting B and X, Snarls go get Ishamal.

We essentially decided that we'd stay for now on our previous vote even if what she said might be true, so we would definitely resist kidnapping.

Absum
May 28, 2013

F

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. F
2. U

I actually want to try and find Danal/Ishamal/Barkof but we would just be running around the city hoping to run into them. Seems like a waste of time.

Actually Diog would people/Tudiya mind if we got Indor to save people?

Changed vote to FS.

Absum fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 26, 2013

Absum
May 28, 2013

Changed my vote to FS. Might change to SerSpook's plan later, not really convinced anyone would listen to us right now.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Voting to tell Aaron about Barkof and to not run away (even if it is too late for that). Running away is stupid and childish.

Maybe I should start paying more attention to votes. I don't really understand why anyone would want to run away.

The best reason for running is trying to find Azz and asking him for answers, which he might not give, and then going back. But that would just make everyone angry with us and show them that we are still an irresponsible kid.
If you really can't stand it and Tudiya still won't give us answers after this, then wait a bit and then ask if we can go out on our own for a month or so, in order to find ourselves/El/divine inspiration or what have you. Don't just walk out on everyone.

e: gently caress I am genuinely confused, what do you guys think to gain by running away? I just don't understand the motivation.

e2: I'm fine with telling them that we were going to run away, but then following it up with that we have now come to our senses and are not actually going to run away. As long as we don't actually run away it's all good.

Absum fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 30, 2013

Absum
May 28, 2013

OrangeOrbit posted:

This is what I thought too. I had thought that my leave the city vote was to force Ishamal's hand to talk to us and explain some of his actions if he was actually watching us and to see what Azz might offer us in the way of answers, not this extreme drop everything and burn all bridges approach that everyone seems to think.

Even if we succeed in leaving to talk with Azz, that is very close to burning all bridges. Yes we would return after two weeks, but no one would trust us anymore. If you want to ask Azz for answers, there are better times and ways to do this than running away right after almost being kidnapped without giving our family a good reason.

There is also nothing to gain by leaving now, when we would be leaving for Baitel in two years or so either way ( which might be only three or four updates if not too much happens between now and then).

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

If your GM is making "hidden common sense rolls" for his players in order to keep them on the rails he has constructed, it seems like a good time to get a new GM. If we're going to be told not to make certain choices, they probably shouldn't be presented as choices.

The only way in which it is not a choice is in that we would almost certainly not make it very far before someone caught us.

Diog's post might have been slightly out of line though. It's difficult to say. I don't think it was really meant to sway opinions so much as to ask if we were sure about what we were doing.
I also don't think anyone really changed their opinion.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Voting B.

It's the truth, maybe it will sound a bit ungrateful to Aaron but I think it's reasonable considering our situation.

Absum
May 28, 2013

DCBomB posted:

M. Nothing is certain because we know jack poo poo. What we told Aron was a possibility.

Keywords when we told Aron that being "she may have"

Voting this

I don't think it's all that likely, but better safe then sorry. We did only say that we feared there was something there either way.
I don't consider warning someone of a possible danger, even if unlikely, to be a lying.

e2: Vote changed to L.

e3: Oops I don't get to vote for that.

e: Oh I thought voting for the other part was over.
A I guess. I'd rather take something, but presumably the current Blooded people have their reasons for not using their magic stuff. I'll trust Aaron.

Absum fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 1, 2014

Absum
May 28, 2013

Do we know what used stand where Bareen's temple stands now?

If Bareen knew about this it looks like she kept it imprisoned, and I think we don't want to mess with it either if that's so.

Absum fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 2, 2014

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. D

2. N

I'd also like to ask Zeb & Aaron if we can use the weapons & armour from the vault.

Absum
May 28, 2013

DCBomB posted:

Voting not-blue 'cause I am a silly butte who wants a four-way tie

Assisting

Absum
May 28, 2013

A.

Ishamal does not owe us answers, yet he has still answered plenty of our questions.

Not everything, but it is his choice to answer or not, and I don't think it's really fair to get angry at him just for refusing to give us answers when he has otherwise been kind to us.

e: I also think that it is mainly annoying to us, I don't really believe Enkidel would care this much about answers. Maybe about who his father is after what just happened.

Absum
May 28, 2013

JNPS

I doubt that there are all that much killers, there were not all that many viable targets.

Absum
May 28, 2013

F, of course. The only logical course of action.

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. C
2. /
3. /
4. PPS
5. U

Absum
May 28, 2013

Sogol posted:

I am not arguing that Hairy the Potter should have to stop. Way too late for that. I am arguing that we should not be a dick about it and instead see if we can understand and help resolve the conflict, rather than simply self righteously focusing on our self interest and exercise of power.

What is your proposed solution then? I don't really see any options other then Lefkandi stopping with using slaves.

He could sign a contract to not undercut their prices but that kind of defeats the point as well as possibly flooding the market.

Absum
May 28, 2013

A.

Absum
May 28, 2013

DQT

Absum
May 28, 2013

H

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. D
2. M
3. /
4. G

Absum
May 28, 2013

3.W & 5.C I guess.

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. B

He can most likely tell something has changed anyway, I don't think he'd appreciate us lying.

Absum
May 28, 2013

B

Absum
May 28, 2013

J

Absum
May 28, 2013

Task Manager posted:

-snip-

Is that really the best they can come up with? Like I said in my other post, I get that the Melachim have to do something if we choose to procreate. If they think the best solution is to murder our whole family because of what WE did, and still tell us little of who/what/when/where/why, I do not want to listen to a group such as that.

I agree, but I don't really see how this leads to having kids? It won't fix any of this, just make it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absum
May 28, 2013

I think it is more likely that our descendants cause this than anything else, considering the decision we just made.

It might also be completely unrelated or false, no real way of knowing right now.

I guess what I want to say is that this vision doesn't prove anything either way apart from that this future sucks rear end.