Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
This is the vote that finally made me register, hope you guys are happy.

G

A is winning by 1 vote right now, according to my count, based on Tsyni 45/39.

Questions for the Consensus:

Why do you expect I will be able to arrive here in less than a day at some point in the future?

When do you estimate I will reach this level (rounded to the closest decade would be okay)?

What kind of favor do you think is most likely you will ask of me?

Do you think it's probable that the next time the Hive comes under attack so will Ur?

When was the last time the Bnaikmot entered your territory?

Could be take some of your music instruments back home?

Do you use pigments for your painting? Could we take some with us?

Could we take some plant samples from the underground?

Do you have pets?

How do you tell the difference between a member of the Brood and cattle?

Do members of the Brood of sufficient intellect ever go adventuring on their own?

In my adventures I have seen some creatures with strange stones within them (Great toad and that weird stone monster), do you have some insight to share about that?

What is nephesh?

What's a talmid?

Which of these names do they recognize and which ones do they refuse to talk about : Leviathan, Dragoom, Quetzatl, Fare, Ogar, Asherak, Asherah, Labaras, Enkidu, Ishamal.

Question for Diog:

When explaining the culture in Ur, have we mentioned the phrases "Mercy is never misplaced" or "Do not destroy"? If so, how did the bugs react?

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

They recognized Zepa's shield with whom they struck a deal long ago. The mighty Zepa decided that they weren't worth killing, on the condition that they swear obedience to his lineage. After a few days of conversation to assert our identity they recognized our might, which we demonstrated by totally killing some mighty bugs inside the hive you guys (or whatever we think will please Uriah and the others), they decided to honor the deal and provide us with as much assistance as they can. And we will honor Zepa's side of the deal by not killing them all, something we could totally do.

For the bugs:

How should we dispose of the bodies of the members of the Brood once they pass away? (basically want to know if it's okay to give them to indor or something else)

The member with "sufficient intellect to command the others" will probably be killed as soon as Tudiya finishes reading his mind, would it be okay if he lives the rest of his life in complete isolation somewhere outside of Zepath? What would you recommend we do?

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 4, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

SerSpook posted:

Keep in mind that just telling the Old Tales to these things is apparently going to get us executed if we reveal it

It's not just that. We drew an accurate map of the cities of Ur, which we then gave to monsters for their use. We also informed them of the increased frequency of attacks on our cities, very useful information for a hostile force. So it's not as big of an overreaction as you are making it to be.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Remembered a thing or two:

Bring Snarls into the hive, offer to carry him if he is too afraid to walk.

Ask: Share the Urian accepted version of what the world is shaped like (turtles or something?). Is this correct? If they answered the medicine question they should be okay with answering this.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

The Maggot says "One moment." It closes its eyes and the crowd chitters, after a few moments it opens them says "We do not know."

We should continue this line of inquiry, we may be able to get them caught in an infinite loop like that statue back in the day.

I had a question about what to do with the bodies of the beetles and with the smart insect once you get to Zepath, you may get to them in a while, repeating it just in case.

The shape of the world question was completely literal, so I may be missing something but i don't see how it relates to the past. Is the world flat?

Could we take some of the intoxicants you mentioned earlier? We...uh..know someone that may be interested in them.

Do you use tools or are Brood members specialized enough as to not need them?

Can you create new Brood members with different abilities, such as this interpreter, at will?

What are you going to do with the donkeys, specifically, beyond contributing to the propserity of the Brood? Eat them? Create some sort of donkey insect?

Would you be interested if we could bring you different animals in the future?

Are there flying brood members?

Could we get some tips on how to fly....for a friend?

Is my dog just a dog?

Sorry about all this diog, first day excitement.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

FoxTerrier posted:

When we were in our weird state we felt the pull of Mt Har as natural and benevolent, and I don't see a reason to question that.

Maybe that's just because we were raised to believe that's how it is. There's nothing stopping the thing in Mt. Har from being a Doom of Tanaach sort of creature that sucks all the souls in an incredibly large radius. Except for the fact that the Melachim kind of being okay with it, and they don't seem to be that much of an rear end in a top hat. Mt. Har simply being a demon with an extremely good PR Team is one of the most interesting theories.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Theglavwen posted:

I wonder if there's something further going on here. All the women and babies were headed east, in a trance. What's east? I'd think that perhaps this is how the Demon-Fred fed, lured people out of the camp every night, then devoured them, which explains why it kept 'escaping' or 'wandering off' and needing to be brought back by Nahari. Thing is, if that's all that was going on, why did Demon-Fred suddenly feel the need to try chowing down on Ruth right here and now?

Not really sure about those oranges either.

Your first part of the post is most likely correct. And what happened here is that Ruth probably woke up, saw the women heading east following Fred or something, tried to stop it and got herself attacked. No way she expected a demon, which explains why she didn't wake anyone else up.

This update read somewhat weirdly. Probably the fact that "we" could see the number of Gebebans going down, but Enkidel couldn't. Seems a bit unfair, but's it's difficult to roleplay the main character being deceived. As we learned from sandwiches. The oranges may be related to this, people started disappearing in large numbers after we ate them, and the ruse got revealed the day they ran out. The fact that this thing crossed Brood country, or went around it, means it can handle itself in the wild. But so do many of the things we kill.

B

Is E more "suicidal charge" or more "let the Enkidel and Uriah lead the charge and strike when the opportunity arises"? May change my vote based on that.

edit:

Changing to E

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 10, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

You have many years worth of memories of Fred.

Labaras' balls, for how long has this demon been following us?!?!

A 1
B 7
C 2
D 3
E 8
L 1
M 4
Q 1
P 3 for Imp. dog's plan, the only one with support

No to ball trance.

In any case, charging beats bow.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

gently caress, it's like those memory parasites in Rick and Morty!

They are not robots Amok!

It's a figure of speech Enkidel, they are Melachim, I have no respect for them.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Nyaa posted:

What if... We are the one who made Fred? The knock out thing we did before might had overdrawn its soul to the point that we created a demon that can scare away other monsters and 'support' us by secretly cut down our number and mind wipe everyone to make the journey easier?

This thing is clearly a Melachim in disguise, they can't help us outright so they are just whisking people away to a magical place full of ponies baby beetles and ice cream sea weed cakes. By fighting it we are directly opposing El's will. It's even trying to make us realize the foolishness of fighting it by projecting an awesome presence.

Apologize to the Melachim and let it continue to do its thing

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

Don't worry, its about to expire.

You son of a...

I'll abstain for now. K may hold some promise.

K is the kind of thign that takes all of our focus right? Can't just add it tk tohrr votes?

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 10, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Task Manager posted:

I'm not at a computer and didnt do a formal count, but a brief glance at the past page and a half seems to indicate W would win. K seems to have the most votes (we've learned nothing), but thankfully it's definitely short of 80 percent. W seems to have the next most. Maybe.

So....I guess we meditate while Paebel gets decapitated or something. :shrug:

Did you count all the votes for other experimenting options? They get lumped together, and I'm not sure W itself is not experimenting.

K

GO GO PAEBRO

We already gave you one set of Balls Smattas, don't also take these ones.

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 11, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Well it's not actually possible to get 80% of the vote, but K for now. If it's going to lose I guess I'll switch to N later.

IF W is experimenting then we are sitting at 78% of voters supporting experimentation, otherwise we are at 59%.

Diog, any word on that?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Ser spook Zb,get our common Balls and our kids out with Nahari and Ithma, Uriah and us hold the line, giving time for a retreat as best we can.
Tsyni W
hollyholly KF
slightlylions W
bede W
Mr. Apollo K
Hot dog day 80 H
TK421 W
dog kisser K
nothingtoseehere K
theglavwen K
arkanomen KSW
falcon2424 K
Deadly Ham sandwich N
Ultimate mango Z+Power word submit
maxhush K
Outrai K
100 HOGS AGREE K
Slaan N
Nyaa Z
Waci K
a cat irl C
Taskmanagar FC
Fox terrier K
Jewcoon H
KPCMANNON K
UppaTree FC
Viking Helmet C
Mr. Nemo K
Mexican deathgasm K
Imperialist Dog WK
Greggster W
stevey 666 WK
McSpanky FC

33 votes so far:

17 which include K, 2 are WK, 1 KSW

5 straight W

2 N, FEED, maybe count as experimenting?

1 Zb which includes experimenting

2 H, keep fighting

The rest are votes to retreat

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Not that it's going to make a whole lot of difference, but Ultimate Mango is voting to use "Power word submit", have we already achieved such mastery over it that it doesn't count as experimenting, or is it only an oversight?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Turns out 80% consenshs in impossible to achieve, how far we are from the bug bros...

Changing from K to WE

That's the Snarls leaves with our children right? I wanna vote for that.

This is it folks, let's try to at least save someone. It seems it's mostly focused on women and children, may not pursue our "kids" and "dog".

I'd much rather do K, at least we know we are powering a demon repelling amulet instead of...closing our eyes for a while?

I'm a bit conflicted about this guy. Going on the defensive, trying to remain hidden, only capturing women and yet our bow doesn't even pierce his wings' membrane? And it DID try to stop Uriah from powerwording it, gives me some hope it could se hurt, if not defeated.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Another chance to vote correctly guys:

KEF

Try to save our children and some Gebs.

We lose nothing by trying K, except some time, and I doubt thst a few seconds head start is going to save us from this thing. If you are still worried about keeping our promise to Ish then I don't know what to tell you. It's unlikely that this is going to completely empty our well anyway.

Pumping ??? Into Paebrl may make him a target, but we are all already dead, the order in which we go doesn't really matter.

Edit: do people really think that this thing can't eat all the people here and then catch up to the beetles? It's not impossible, but it seems a bit unlikely. So far it seems to be focused on women, so it could just not care about pursuing our Balls if we bail, but if we escape with the gebebans? We are getting chased, and killed if we try to defend them. We are just delaying it. K seems like the proactive choice, may as well try anything now.

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 11, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

TheCog posted:

C, E, tell everyone to flee, charge the demon alone
We all knew this moment was coming.

Okay, yes, but why not try something, anything, before the heroic last stand?

"-Captain, there is a leak in the lower levels!
-So it has come to this, evacuate the women and children, I must go down with my ship.
-Err, actually sir, we could try to patch it up first.
-No need, I'd rather die"

Also, there are no lifeboats in this metaphor because the leak can chase people or something, it's not a very good metaphor.

Task Manager posted:

It just seems like K has very little chance of succeeding, and will likely cost a lot, when there's a good chance we can bail now and get away. Let's admit we cannot beat this enemy, and do the rational thing and retreat.

I think that's where we have to disagree, "a good chance we can bail"? Assume we escape with 50 civilians, and this thing takes 2 days to chase everyone we left here, then what? It's probably smart enough to realize some escaped and come after us. MAYBE he will be full or something. MAYBE he will have enough souls inside of him for whatever nefarious purpose he needs them. Otherwise, why would he stop chasing us? Too tired? Too afraid? We enter another demon territory? This guy is only going to respect something even stronger than him. Also, I wanna see whatever Paebel is trying to do, why lie.

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 11, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

a cat irl posted:

I think we'd need a house for that and we clearly voted to not turn P-bro into a house. :v:

A poison spitting Snarls would totally be able to handle this poo poo. We've been voting wrong for so long...

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Theglavwen posted:

Hm. Wonder if there's some power that specifically derives from women. The Bnaimokt used female sacrifices when they came to Zepath. Maybe it's not just coincidence.

I wish there was something we could do with the knowledge that somebody is praying to us from within the Demon. I bet if we were Amok we could do something with that :(

Was thinking about this earlier. Also the sacrifice made to create the giant tunnel after Ibleam. Something is going on with women in Ur society. I don't think we've ever heard about a famous woman in Ur's history beyond Enkidu's... let's say friend. Now this doesn't seem like the time to crack this mistery, but may as well try.

Question for the demon that's currently trying to kill us.

Why are you just capturing women?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Task Manager posted:

The Bugs said the Bnaimokt did it for breeding stock, essentially. So....yeah. There's that. Not sure of any other references.

Seems like everyone wants human females for something, and then Urian society downplays the hell out of their importance. Maybe to try and mask how important they actually are for multiple things (breeding, blood sacrifice, etc.)?

This demon doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to raise cattle. Before we entered bug land we lost a young boy, and who knows the demographics of the ones he took the days before. I also don't think he is working for anyone else, I'd say he is just a wilderness demon, eating whatever crosses his path. There may be something nepesh related but who knows. The giants ate man and woman alike, and so did the Doom of Taanach (can't remember actualy) and we've never seen any differences between male and female soul spirits.

What's the most "solid" female soul we've ever seen?

Not the best time to ask, right?

We currently are at 76%, Ur culture rounds up right?

edit: toughy down there doesn't change this number as he had previously voted another form of experimentation

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 11, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

You are assuming they are souls, I never said that.

You have seen far more men die than women. Come to think of it... have you ever seen a woman die? Before this trip? I am not sure you ever have. Almost everyone you aq die, does by violence in some form, were any of them women? If you can point to any post where you saw a woman die I'll answer.

My bad about the soul bit, question still stands.

An old lady died a few days before getting to bug land, and also at the beggining of the march i beliebe (not the same one, obviously). On the tunnels after Ibleam some kids got crushed by a camouflaged monster, do kids also get blue forms?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

I am on a cell phone. Can you link me to the posts?

Stop messing with me, all this work and it's just going to be blue shaped people.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&pagenumber=2737&perpage=40#post455273431

"An old woman from the Gebabans died, likely from exhaustion and the next day, her husband. Likely of a broken heart"

Turns out it WAS the same lady.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

You did not see it occur. You are in a group of hundreds and were at the front.

You heard the terrible sounds described in the post.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&pagenumber=1179&perpage=40#post434844295

"As you turn you see a section of the cavern wall fall directly atop one of your Balls and several of the children..."

"Your left arm is is in a sling and your left hand tied to a piece of wood. You carry your spear in your right hand. Your shield is on your back, along with your bow. [???] has increased a small amount since yesterday. Your Balls are already trying to rush through the mob of children towards the creature, it's tentacles writhe and slam into the cavern, with a sickening crunch a tentacle lands directly atop another child, you hear a terrible screech and calls for mothers by the living and the dead, several blue puffs of smoke appear in the cavern as children are mashed beneath the creatures tendrils."

Eh, it was a group of children, no way to distinguish them I guess. Maybe someone else can think of another situation.

Preemptivly voting we shiv a random Zepathan woman when if we return

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 11, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

Voting is closed.

If you want to pray to any real world deities at this point that might not be a bad idea.

On the plus side, we may see some women die a violent death really soon!

Wait, that didn't come out right.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Nyaa posted:

It's ok, women are third class citizen in our culture.

They probably don't have soul since we never saw one in our whole life.

I'm still not convinced that this isn't just Diog messing with player paranoia. We MUST have seen a woman die in 50 years. We took like 50 ols guys to Baitel, witnessed 2 cities fall and took part in more than one death march. We are Kavodel most beloved man, no one has ever requested that we be by some dying woman's side? We should ve killed that annoying servant when we had the chance.

Edit: oh, most people voted for straight K, not trying to save our children or anything like it. That's comforting.

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 11, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

What about this

have we been present at the birth of any of our granddaughters or any other woman? Enkidel is kind kf a family man, he wouldn't miss that.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

...yet it seems a lesser thing now compared to the imminent deaths (or worse) of your children, your closest friends, your better half and hundreds of people who look to you as a god like being.  You rescued the Gebebans from the Amalakites and gave them your world you would see them to safety.  Now many are lost to you and those which remain cry out in terror, some fleeing for their lives, some watching in horror and hopelessness, some praying to El and some... to you.

I'm sorry Naomi, but we married our dog first, and he has never let us down before.

B

Once Uriah dies and turns out that no, it's not possible to run away from this thing we can reconsider.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Vagon posted:

A.

We don't let hundreds die over worrying about making Ish upset.

No, we let hundreds die to avoid a fate worse than death, which probably involves hundreds dying. We knew it could come to this when we decided to save everyone. I wasn't voting back then, but I would've done the same, with the caveat that we'd choose death over pride in this timeline.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Task Manager posted:

I like that theory. Ishamal is most concerned with our eternal fate, not our physical one. He does what he can to limit us and keep our divine side in check, because to allow it to run unchecked results in nothing but destruction and ruin. We haven't met a Nephilim yet who is truly happy - Amok is the closest thing to it, and he's loving miserable after the Melachim abandoned him and his sons. All that power, for nothing. His children are demons, and he slept in eternal slumber due to his nature, which he could not overcome.

Ishamal wants to save us from that. Give us a path that doesn't lead to ruin, or destruction of all we hold dear. It's not a fun path, but it's one that keeps our godhood in check, and allows us to have as normal a life as possible. He's offered us the Amok path - to sleep in stasis forever, til one day maybe it was safe. We didn't want that.

The door represents us accepting our godhood, and also simultaneously condemning ourselves. It's not and "if" situation, but a "when". If we unlock the door, we're a Nephilim and all that comes with it. We won't one day find eternal paradise. We'll live, until one day it all remains in shambles and we die alone in a cave, our power gone. Then, forever damned.

It may be more fun in the short term to be a god - but Ishamal's checks and balances are to try to save us in the long run.

If this were true, and considering this is just a game and we are not Enkidel I'd be tempted to vote A. But we can't know for sure. Yes, the door glows when we think about being a god and stuff, but still. Maybe this is why Amok thought we were doomed and Ishamal didn't, he knew we had this door here.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Bularin posted:

That ship has sailed. Barred from Ur. Uncertain about Zepath. And we just knocked on a gate that Uncle Castration and crew didn't tell us they installed.

Status quo is gone.

WE are gone. We alone can't change the status quo, specially right now. We are getting banned from everywhere we could actually help mankind. It's going to be fun though, but when Ashera comes we are not gooing to be as useful as if we had remained within Ur. Moot point anyway, we are dead in a few minutes.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Esper posted:

I do have the sudden impression that we've been denied our destiny for too long and exercised patience long enough, however, so I very reluctantly have decided to vote A.

Says the 50 years old in the land of literal immortals. I get that it's been like 2 and half years in real time, but it's been nothing in Enkidel's timeline.

We were told to behave until Christmas if we wanted to receive a gift, AFTER we had been a little poo poo for all of January, and decided to poo poo all over the bed the first week of March. Obviously Ishamal isn't going to think very much of us.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

A man does not quit before hardship.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

Still working on the update, another hour or so.

Yeah, I guess writing an epilogue for a game with this many characters takes some time.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Beneath the third picture, seventh line, thirteenth character, there's a mistake in the hebrew Diog, might wanna check that. Other than that, yes, I agree with all of that.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Eryxias posted:

Oddly, that doesn't help.
I'm gonna call it a tree-splosion.

Looks like a stylised Yggdrasil or something like that.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Captain Mediocre posted:

Does anyone remember why we even came all the way out here in the first place?

Wrestle...a giant? Trade with giants? Something like that.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Based only on the fact that what Tsyni posted contains the words "toad" and "mentor" I'm goo g to say that that's Enkidel's lifestory. Meaning that we just exploded in a tree shaped blast, killing the demon, but also all of our men most likely.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Holy poo poo foxterrier, great job. On the cel right now, please vote correctly everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

FoxTerrier posted:

Stop hiding

Are we currently visible to our men? Or is this more metaphysical, like in the star-view we had in neo-amalek, if that's the case not a good idea to become visible.

Grow wheat

Not that relevant right now

Flee quickly

If we could flee with some people this would be very tempting

Absorb disciples

I'd rather not risk it

Attack them

Why would we do this?

Create fish

Not that relevant right now, tempting though

Let there be rain

Not that relevant right now

Speak to your father

The game might end, we we WILL have our answer El dammit

Hide your wings

Who's currently able to see our wings? If they have already seen them doesn't make much sense to hide them now

Seize power

From the demon? From our followers a la Fleshbigth?

End effects

Whenever we had a "You are maintaining several effects" they were good things, no sense in stopping that now

Continue hiding

If this refers to star-view then hiding is essential, if we shine too brightly we know there are several beings able to eat us

Intensify effects

Which effects exactly?

Kill disciples

...no?

Turn around

Turn our back to the mortal world? Just gently caress off?

Enter stasis

The Amok way out, not a good time to consider this

(Yellow text)Help your priest(?)

That's we voted to do, might as well follow through. Was Paebel praying to us, and not just in a praying to the closest divine being way?

Let there be light

I don't think we are quite at that level...yet

(Blue text)Construction of the barrier and restore the senses

Close the door. Same situation as before, some time has passed, more people have died, won't be allowed to return to Zepath, most likely

Let there be darkness

Ominous

Save power

If we want to survive we need to use some of it

Let there be death

Would most likely backfire horribly

Become blue

Once you go blue, you won't change your hue?

Maintain your size

Are we giant sized right now?