Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

A sounds significantly different from the starting point of the god game. I like the idea of seeing the universe get created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

I do like the idea of the isolated fishing village so I'll vote D but I don't think there's any chance my vote changes much.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

I'm going with D on this one. I don't want more family strife. And I don't want to start us on the path of running to others to solve our problems.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Changing vote to F. Shifting blame from Jalitha is the best way to defuse this.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

F

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Going with C here. This fish is a jerk but he seems pretty important to dad.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Voting for option E. This smiling murderer just killed our father and Ashera's priest. We've learned how to deal with this.

Plus he just killed the guy that could have taught us how to shoot fish lasers. Im pissed.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Theglavwen posted:

Yeah, I'm up for asking that.

To all those who do want to go placidly for the hair-cut (and it certainly seems like we might be heading for it whether we want to or not), I encourage you to remember that it means fully rejecting our past, and any hope of rescue; even if we do get a chance to escape, or get rescued by Jorah or Pagem or whatnot, with our hair cut there's no way they'd take us back, or that we could go back. Allowing our hair to be cut without qualm means that you've decided the character rejects Asherah and those he's known as his people and family, based pretty solely on Jalitha's statements. That might be fine, but I hope you've got a good idea of the kid's character in mind, to reconcile his previously established belief and dedication to Asherah, his stories and principles, and the ocean, with his now apparent willingness to completely disregard it all and go along with King Handsome. Could be scared, could be oddly cunning and long-term planning, could be entirely convinced by Jalitha's stories and antagonistic towards his people, could be weak-willed and easily led, whatever.

Yeah, I'm not really sure I'm liking the way this character is going. Placidly accepting this guy that just murdered our father and two of the only people we know as our king and letting him circumcise us cut our hair off and erase our entire identity because he has bulging muscles and a nice beard just seems way the gently caress off. I can't get behind that.

E

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

FoxTerrier posted:

2. Look her in the eyes and ask if she saw this with her own eyes. I'd like to know how she came by the knowledge.

I don't think she's necessarily outright lying, but I think she may have misinterpreted some things. FWIW I don't particularly care if we are cannibals. Eating powerful warriors etc to consume their strength really isn't that unusual, even if the weirdly high level of cannibalisim Jalitha is describing is (which is part of why I'm still slightly skeptical. I think there may be a wee bit of exaggeration going on here. poo poo, we'd have like a population of zero eating people left and right like that.)

That and because cannibalisim is just such a classic justification for demonizing tribal peoples, I can't help but raise an eyebrow and want as much confirmation as possible before taking this as cannon.

These are my thoughts as well. And my vote.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Also voting against Beaky (and Thegate and any other dumb injoke references) because that poo poo's dumb.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

H&M

Where were the rest of you revenge-hungry fuckers in the last couple of votes?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

According to the popular vote, Og is now completely acclimated to the culture of his kidnappers after half a day. Nevertheless, I'm going to keep voting for revenge options whenever Diogenes makes them available.

Option D

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

As an avowed member of the Blood of Asherah faction, I fully support Tsyni's DBF plan.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

The people voting down DBF are pretty much wasting their votes. It never was going to win anyway. Plus, when you vote down all three you're also voting down walking behind Danal for no particular reason.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

J&R

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Genpei Turtle posted:

The bloc of Asherah voters is large enough that they need to have a voice in shaping the story, or else there are going to be a lot of unhappy players. It's a classic tyranny-of-the-majority situation and something needs to be done about it. I think the Asherah voters would pick less extreme options if they felt they had more of a say in the direction that the story is going. F

For me personally, I won't be an unhappy player, I'll be a former player. At this point, I can barely sympathize with Og. Every time any hint of him even remembering that this morning some white guys marched into his village and kidnapped him after murdering 3 people including his dad and that he has worshiped Asherah his entire life gets voted down, I lose more interest in him. I'm not particularly interested in seeing him murder some kid but the fact he has no negative feelings toward these weirdos that don't speak his language just seems weird and out of character to me. I just want him to remember his roots. And fish lasers.

And I don't particularly care about the anti-votes normally, except that they've been used to push my last three vote options to near zero. But none of them were going to win, anyway. If the No voters had just picked a vote to back, my votes would have been defeated by a majority instead of getting subtracted to nothing. It feels pretty crappy to have a bunch of folks target your only way of interacting with the game and tell you to stop trying to play it.

So I vote(futilely, since it'll just get down-voted) R and abstain from the No vote vote

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Cathair posted:

Speaking of which, who decided that being an 'Asherah voter' means supporting random child murders and such? I'm not exactly keen on El myself, I'm just even less keen on Og/Enkidel inexplicably turning into an inept psychopath.

Technically, Diogenese did. Human sacrifice wasn't even on the table until it was put on the list by the GM. Before that I was supporting a vengeance-based killing. But it's obvious that we aren't going to get any vengeance with a combination of the other voters and the GM being against it.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Diogines posted:

On my side of the screen anyway, I have been interpreting these mixed votes as you being conflicted inside on who you are and what to believe, which I think is perfectly reasonable considering what you went through.

Honestly, this is the way I've been interpreting it as well. And so long as a range of options are available, and some of those match up to what I see as things Og would think of choosing, it makes sense to me and helps keep me invested. I was just worried for a while there that all of the stuff from his native culture was going to disappear after what I see as people with questionable motives removed him from that culture.

As for the no-voting, it's probably a necessary part of the game. But I was just expressing my feeling that it really sucks to have your vote cut down by a bunch of naysayers rather than be defeated by another legitimate option. Same result, but it just feels different.

edit:

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I don't know why people are getting so whiny about an interactive story on the Internet.

How about we don't do this?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

F, B, E

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Voting for maxhush's E&M.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Voting HHH just because the vote currently has us yelling to El, then doing some heathen poo poo. Best to try to get our prayers in line with our actions since S is going to happen regardless.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Danal: "Enkidel, a significant part of Zepath is becoming unsatisfied with my rule, some of them are even threatening riots and revolution. Should I hear their demands, or scold them for their lack of faith in me? I urgently need your advice on how to handle the situation, my good friend "
Enkidel: "DEVOUR THE WEAK "

I made it better.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Raserys posted:

Preemptively voting for Mage Game if we die.

If we're pre-voting in case of death, I'd like to see the dragon game.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Raserys posted:

Come on, they said. Let Asherah win a vote, they said. What's the worst that could happen?

Something interesting happened! Something that doesn't involve watching some superman do a thing while we stand around with the women. We're being proactive!

maxhush posted:

Ha, well we've caught his eye, so as per the stories we'd best offer him something so we don't court disaster I suppose.

1. B (+C)
2. L

Recycling my prayer from earlier, either spoken or in our heart;

"Asherah!!; these ravenous beasts know not true hunger!!!, they are but pretenders cast from the deep....grant me to deliver them back to you as glorious sacrifice"

Voting this way.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

As long as we're having Man Time with King Superman, how about one night around the fire or whatever we just ask, "You know that guy that shot lightning at you was my dad, right?"

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Tsyni posted:

That seems unwise.

You really think he doesn't know?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

I didn't mean to start an argument when I suggested talking about Shushem with Tudiya. I just figured it's the kind of thing you'd bring up when you've got seven long nights in the wilderness with the guy. I can't really see Enkidel even being angry about it anymore. Barring that murder, Tudiya has been the source of greatest good in Og's life and a model of adulthood that's well worth emulating. But it just seems like it might come up at a certain point late at night when everything is quiet.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

J Shake on the contract.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Now us the perfect time to be experimenting. Voting C.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Isn't this the perfect time to ask her about our birth? We're a man now. Plus a GOD DAMNED ANGEL laughed in our face when we asked him about it. And the price he set for that answer was exorbitant, if I'm remembering correctly.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Since every Blooded guy can get really drat good with whatever crafts he chooses to work in and since goons seem set on Enkidel using a bow like some kind of English peasant, why not sink time into learning from Chait? Just make better bows then use them till your strength breaks them. Then repeat.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

The approach has caused a panic for innocent people and an already tense king. Time to get diplomatic. I vote A+K. Just walk away to show we have no intention of raiding or pulling any bullshit. Also, send a smooth talker like Avram with Jobe along with the banner of El to deliver a nicely worded apology. And a gift worth say 5 pounds of silver to be sacrificed at the Temple of El in Dor.

When you step on somebody else's shoes you don't start bragging and making fun of them for being offended. You apologize and buy them a drink to make up for the honest mistake. Especially when you look like you might be related to the guy that's been making trouble in the bar for the past month.

edit: To be clear, I wouldn't plan to do this to every city that gets it's feathers ruffled along the way but Dor is a neighbor and has been living in fear of a Zepathan outlaw. These are special circumstances.

rex monday fucked around with this message at May 30, 2014 around 16:56

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

In case it's not clear, making a grand sacrifice at El's temple is not a gift to the king. It's showing him that we are a group of pious pilgrims led by a dude that can give up a giant sacrifice for the gently caress of it. It shows we are self sufficient and not living off of banditry.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Cathair posted:

I certainly don't mind setting aside bravado for a better diplomatic result, but that's a bit much. We didn't step on anyone's toes. We didn't make any mistakes. What the hell are we supposed to be apologizing for, exactly?

Panicking their entire city and ruining a day's labor for the farmers and anybody else outside the city. We didn't do it intentionally but we did have this effect. Do you not apologize for the mistakes you make that hurt other people even if you didn't mean to?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

1. C
2. I don't care what we say to him.
3. G
4. M (unless telling them was L, then L)

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Wait why are holy relics not allowed in the holy city? The sandals we haven't removed in a decade almost certainly count.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Diogines posted:

Uriah: "I can't feel you anymore, but the mountain burns strong."

Gareb: "Can I feel you? Barely, but only barely. The Mountain is as it is, how else would it be?"

Ok, these two can normally sense presences, then, yes? That's normal for them? So, have they also noticed Paebel and the regular, totally non-Blooded Balls having presences? Also, how does Enkidel's presence normally rate when we are all around Zepath?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Maybe Jalitha met Azzazel and took his party bus offer. Either she was already preggo with Enkidu or she got busy with the Azz man. Then she got dumped in the ocean for some reason.

Explains why Azazel gave a poo poo. He's either our dad (probably not) or he took a protective interest in us before we were born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Since Enkidel can sense where Nagari is, where is Gareb?

«3 »