Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Morand
Apr 15, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

Option B.

Id like to try something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Option A all the way

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

H

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

C

I think this is the best a 4 year old could manage

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

1. B, D, E, C, F, G, A

2. G. I think we'd believe most in a god whose most ardent follower has been kind, rather then one whose most ardent follower has been a colossal prick even if said prick is our dad.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

the_steve posted:

1. We always have been, but now it's official! =D
2. L - seriously, c'mon guys.

Count me in as voting for this

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Soylent Pudding posted:

Tell Aaron about Barkoff, tell him in more detail about the blue smoke bodies, do not threaten to leave the city if we don't get answers I really want to speak with Azz but that's something we do after we get the situation settled and talk with Aaron, Tudiya, Ishmal, etc. Also Aaron seems to be a good mentor and is poised to rise in the world, let's stick close to him in the future.

This. Don't leave the drat city

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

HBar posted:

Death to those who took a life against El.
Exile to those who do not repent.
Exile to those who fought against El, but took no lives.
Slavery to men who repent, but did not fight for El.
Mercy to women and children who repent.
Mercy to men who fought for El.

I agree. This is My Vote

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

DarkCrawler posted:

Man, we should form a true band that will gain fame and fortune alongside us over the years, not just a temporary hunting group. So we should look for:

E - Manhood Trial. Two points here. This is basically a category with the most usefulness - it shows individual initiative, courage and personal character and wilderness survival skills. Might be few among them who've survived previous encounters with monsters as well.

F - Martial skill. One point here. While we do have some time for training, we should have an experienced core of people to use as whatever the equivalent of a non-commissioned officer is in Zepah.

I - Cooperative. One point here. Again, if this is going to be a more permanent thing, we need men who can work well with eachother. Our primary tactic on engaging monsters is basically a shieldwall, a form of fighting where cooperation is basically the most important aspect.

J - Cleverness. One point here. We're going to be fighting monsters! While we already have a good tactic from Agamemnon, unforeseen occurrences may happen. We need people who can think on their feets or come up with some unorthodox strategies. If we're going to make this a successful enterprise as well, we need one or two people who can read, count and write so we can handle our finances as well as possible and ensure everyone gets an equal share. We can do this, but that would take time away from leadership.

For the rest:

2. N - Take him. Every travelling band needs a priest and a healer. He will also pull his own weight in a fight after the training, so that is a bonus. We'll just keep him in the dark when we take our stuff to Indor. Besides, El's temple cleared her anyway, while it's not good socially to do any business with her, we're not breaking any laws (religious or otherwise).

3. W - Take them. With them we have a solid two bodyguards who owe their lives to us. Take them if we make deals with shady people, and keep them close if any serious infighting will ever occur inside the band.

4. V - Don't take him. We owe Agamemnon for his guidance, but his nephew is not a man yet. We denied our own brother for the same reason. Tell him that we only need those who we don't have to look after for. And that his nephew has a guaranteed place once he becomes a man. Or alternatively, if he has any other relative who wants to join and have completed their trial.

6. X - Recruit him. We owe Azazzel a HUGE favor. Pay Indor to remove his slave marks UNLESS the price is something crazy like a pound of silver.

Please count me as voting for all these options as well. Couldn't have said it better myself

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

stevey666 posted:

I think limiting the number of questions we can ask would be a grand idea

Genuine question for Diog. We usually ask a ton of poo poo, most of it dumb. Do the amount of questions we ask color NPC's opinions of us? We just asked this guy a ton of dumb goat questions, does he think we're a crazy weirdo or is question time kind of like a special thing to get us more information and doesn't color NPC perceptions?

Obviously inflammatory things that will affect things get a vote, but does the fact that everyone we meet gets hit with a million and one questions mean everyone things we're an annoying kid or somesuch thing?

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

1. D.
2. H.

I believe in EL dammit

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

B and I

The stories that come out of this will be awesome

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Voting A. Get married, get settled, then take the balls back out for their promised wealth.

Odds are we will be able to take out a much better equipped team after what we pulled at the Goblin cave.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

I vote E.

We need to learn so as not to kill anyone. He's the only one who can teach us. Strings or no strings thats the way it is.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Voting A.

1. It'll be a much more interesting story
2. By raising our kids we can shape them, try and make them not wicked. Ishmael's kids may have turned out bad, but history doesn't have to repeat itself. The kid will grow up in a loving family with a solid support system. I'd say lets give it a shot

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

C

It's really the best choice

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Ugh.Voting C. Eat the drat shoes. El we are so hosed.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Arkanomen posted:

Have we really been playing for 10 months!?

First post. May 19th 2013. Holy poo poo it'd been almost a year

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

bonus hole boy posted:

No to Indor box because we'll just open it eventually

I can't fault this logic at all. This is my vote too.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

C H I

Any chance we can send the slave back with some silver to nab a couple more special arrows? 8 arrows makes a quiver according to wiki and more awesome arrows wouldn't be a bad thing

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

knaelidos posted:

Breaking my long dry spell of not voting and simply observing the story to throw in my opinion that we should use the curative, we can always work for another emergency cure, screw the time continuum, give destiny a wedgie till it cries uncle Jonah. We caused this with our carelessness. Let's make things right. C

I agree with this. I am also voting C

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Hell I'll throw my hat into the ring and vote for B

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

gently caress it. Stand and Fight!

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Voting A. F. Save the kids, take a reasonable amount of force.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

A. We don't really have time to be sneaky, this isn't our turf.

Agreed. A is my vote as well

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Pladdicus posted:

Thank Indor for all of her help

GET RID OF THE loving KNIFE

Yep. Do this

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

F
H

There is a strong chance this will lead to Ruth also being a heretic sure, but I feel like it is also the best bet for her not to die. Especially if we do decide to send her on a manhood trial which I'm pretty sure the thread will do.

Even if we don't send her on a manhood trial, El forbid that something happens that causes her to get separated from the woods away from the group.

Also Naomi is kinda sad now because her little girl isn't going to have a normal life because Tudya hates her. Voting to ask ish to do the thing that makes kids but this time make it a girl. That way we have another girl that Tudya doesn't hate and that Naomi can mold? Or it causes more drama. But its a fun story nonetheless.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

the_steve posted:

B - But I agree that we need to swing by Tanaach for intel. Maybe spend some time there practicing techniques, in case we need to approach the fight in a certain manner. Basically, go in OVERprepared, rather than under.

Count this as my vote as well

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

O. Voting for this only because Ish actually answered a question and promised he would show us a safe way to do this.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

ALogo posted:

1. G

I'd rather be hitting the pufferfish jerks who are weakening our lines, where the elite guys are probably getting ready to charge up the backs of the turtles when they get here and don't present as significant a threat at the moment or really in the future considering the damage we can reasonably expect to inflict on their ranks compared to their ranged combatants' efforts, but such is the reality of votes.

Don't gently caress with the ghosts, we've been told not to gently caress with ghosts.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's also really dumb to jump down into a melee because it limits our ability to track the progress of the giant turtles which are clearly the real threat. Trying to not get stabbed by fishmen or skewered by allied javelins seems like it would take significant focus. Focus that would be better spent tracking the giant loving siege turtles. Also, being up on a wall should make it much easier to track the turtles rather than trying to estimate their progress based on glimpses we snatch between the tens of thousands of fishmen we for some reason decided to start punching.

This is a good post that I agree with.

G

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Mr Apollo posted:

D, "It must be agony, but trust me you have to hold on as long as possible."

Give him a better shot at the mountain

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

I'm voting to do anything BUT smash that altar. Stand and fight, flee in the river, anything that's not smash the altar.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Ouroborus posted:

Hell yeah I'd love an update!

This

Also I'll vote W

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Ughhhhhhhhh.

Voting B. Ignoring these assholes usually has terrible consequences but I'm really sick of their bullshit overall.

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Voting to stick our head between our legs and kiss our stupid rear end goodbye

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Vagon posted:

It is nice that we hold that ace over Paebel and the Melachim cult. If all goes to poo poo, we can just flap our wings at them until they worship us as a living deity. Just living out our days, being fed grapes and the like outside of Ur.

That thunderclap off in the distance? That's Ishmael going

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Do we have any new insight into who or what Ishmael is? Is he as he says and just old as gently caress or something more?

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

K. "I have made a terrible and selfish mistake. Please, for the sake of those around me who are righteous and noble, aid us in suppressing this Hungerer to prevent great suffering. I will pay whatever price it takes. Bind my soul, cripple my flesh, do whatever you must to prevent this calamity I have unleashed."

Agreed

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

Outrail posted:

We need to stop the drain of [???] to the demon. Yes. Regenerating just gives it to it. We need to stop the flow of meat to the demon. So hardening ourselves will probably take more from our well, but give it nothing. Which is the preferable of the options.

D. Left Trigger + Right Trigger to go faster!
Plus Harden our skin, so it gets nothing from us (Assuming this does not blow huge wads of [???]

Agreed. This is my vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 15, 2004

1. H&L
2. B

«2 »