Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Not A+J

Seriously. Let's stop being so goody two-shoes. Let's do something interesting. We're already special. We can always switch to loving El. We're still very young.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

You A voters are all traitors. :colbert:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
D

We don't have lightning bolts but let's see how many spears in the chest Danal can take. It's time to embrace Ashera. Stop licking the boots of El and Co.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I blame Diogines for bolding "Adventure".

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
You guys are so lame.

OPTION D. Filled with blood lust, you'll soon have your revenge.
OPTION B. In front of you a few steps, it's soon time to strike.
OPTION F. PLUNGE THE SPEAR INTO HIS HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to give Ashera the sign he's been waiting for. If we eat the flesh from Danal's body they will think an animal ate him.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Yes, I amend mine to use the tooth to slit his throat, definitely. Like someone else said, we can take his place and grow up with the reins of power coming to us. We'll be able to bring Ashera to the world.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Crudus posted:

CAC

Let's not kill our first and only friend.

Ashera will give us a dozen shark friends. Let's see how Ashera rewards us. This can all be easily explained as an accident if things go sideways.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe El sent an Angel because it knew how important we are to Asherah, who spoke to us at a young age. Maybe El knew how powerful a force we would be when combined with Asherah.

The truth is we don't really know much about Asherah yet. We just have assumptions based upon our father, who even dismissed that we heard anything, so even he didn't have a clear picture.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 6, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like part of the long game is taking Danal's place as his father's heir, and that there might not be a better time then out here in the dangerous wilderness.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think anyone wants to see the game end prematurely. People complaining about us wanting to sacrifice Danal, but instead they want to adventure into the forest with monsters at night as a child, need to realize that the risks involved aren't as different as they might think. I don't really see it as a comedy option or something.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

The fishes best priest tickled the paladins party, I think we all know who's the better religion here

The Paladin just had better gear.

I think it's good that there is dissent on how to proceed. It makes things interesting.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
We're going to get mauled by a tree octopus on our "adventure" and end up in a wheel chair for the rest of the game. What was assumed to be a tale of adventure will become a tale of mastering riding a horse without the use of our legs.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Diogines posted:

I parked my car on the highest spot I could and am many miles from home. I do not anticipate an update tonight, sorry people.

Perhaps we can do a mini-CYOA with your life while we wait. We get to choose what you do next.

A) Attempt to ford the flooding with your car
B) Swim for it
C) Find a similarly stranded stranger and sacrifice them to Ashera

C

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FoxTerrier posted:

Glad it looks like your prayers to Otac worked out, Diog!

Anyways...

J + V,

V Climb the tree and calm Danal by telling him kid-friendly stories about a 'secret friend to heroes' named Ashera. Stress that these wonderful stories are a big secret between the two of you, which will hopefully make him feel important and special.

Hey, can't hurt to start converting the kid now! And we're should be an excellent storyteller by now, which should keep him calm and entertained throughout the night...and not making crazy sobbing noise that's going to attract wild animals. Fingers crossed, anyway.

I like this, but I think we have a non-extreme chance to see if Ashera has any mustard. Let's do:

JR

Pray to Ashera, perform the divining ritual with the shark tooth.

Can we even climb up the trees? Bears and cougars can climb trees better than humans, so maybe these monsters can too.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I considered that too, but I figured that Danal can't understand us or what we're saying really, so if Ashera intervenes somehow and we need an excuse back at camp we can say we accidentally cut ourselves and brush it off.

Also, if it does work then maybe Danal will be interested in our cool shark tooth (or whatever it is) and we have an in that way. I guess I was just trying to work within the options to do the thing that would be most likely to grab Ashera's attention, without killing Danal.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 8, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Our dad was a primitive, abusive guy. It's not clear he had all the answers about Ashera. It's dark, and we're not slitting our wrists here, just a bit of blood to smear on the shells. I think the truth is we don't know what's what when it comes to Ashera and this is a chance to see if it's a viable path. We're already lost in the woods.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Half-wit posted:

J + R Either Ashera helps us now; or we should seriously consider not worshipping Ashera from this point forward.

This is aligned with my thinking. We need a sign of some sort that Ashera accepts us.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I think Asherah supporters are going to have to focus on J or R because F and I have 15, J and R have 10/9.

In a reconciliatory move I am going to change my vote to JJ, the least controversial Asherah supporting option. Let's just see if Asherah does anything, hey? Though I feel like the JR tandem would have the most efficacy, but...options seem limited.

Question for Diogines: What time zone are you in? Just wondering what to base "tonight" on when you say it.

Edit: We were raised for the HUGE majority of our life under Asherah. Our father was the priest of Asherah. It doesn't seem so far fetched to fall back on that in this moment of panic. I didn't want to adventure with two pre-pubescent boys in the forest, but here we are.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 8, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Canuck-Errant posted:

Changing my vote to while I update the spreadsheet.

The guy running the spreadsheet is an El supporter... :tinfoil:

We know El is this powerful established god. I think it would be way more fun to bring Asherah to the masses. Let's shake up the status quo.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
We left 10 R votes sitting on the floor. Unfortunate, but Asherah waits in the shadowy depths of Og's psyche, waiting to breach.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe no vote changing, at least. Some way to make the vote secret might be ok, but I can't think of an easy way to do it. And it would be hard to enforce in the thread.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
F was picked last time, not D, Diogines.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
O/Yes to No Votes

Let's just go up the tree for now. Maybe we'll get another chance at this list and can cut ourselves up there, and even if we have to leave the spear behind we have the tooth.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I just assumed that O was M, but also bringing up Danal.

At this point it's clear El isn't sitting waiting to leap to our aid. Let's get up the tree and take account of things. I still thing Asherah is the path we need to take, but let's help ourselves, as a previous poster said.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Diogines posted:

I think this is a very good point and well stated. If you guys want no more no-votes, we will get rid of them but I think they are useful to build consensus. Your actions will ultimately be decided by your collective will, I think that can be built as much by rejecting the options you really don't like, as much as it is by picking the ones you do.

I think no votes are totally fine. They are just a bit annoying when everyone changes their vote because they love Jehovah. That's why I think you shouldn't be able to change your vote over and over, unless there is some discrepancy like with D/F this round.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Instant run-off would seriously be ideal. It would solve every problem. People could pick exactly what they want without worrying about making strategic votes. You don't even have to rank all the choices, you can just rank a couple. If there was a poll site that could do this easily, or some bit of spreadsheet code that would make this easy to implement, I think this would be incredibly beneficial for the game.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

my dad posted:

Now, on the topic of the actual vote, I imagine Og as a kid with a lot of bravado, and the ADVENTURE TIME (U) option represents that perfectly. Too bad it won't win. :(

With instant run off voting you could vote for this, and have your second preference...whatever you wanted, so if your first vote was eliminated (by having the least amount of votes) you'd still have a say in the direction we take. As mentioned, this gives people the luxury of trying to form the story however they want, without having to worry about blocking Ashera blood god options.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Canuck-Errant posted:

I'm fine with tallying ranked-choice votes, since it's just a matter of punching more numbers into the spreadsheet; it's just when people keep changing votes from there that it gets annoying. Well, that and having to punch in numbers for 10 vote options.

Would having 'top 3' ranked options be an acceptable compromise?

I think having top 3 plus no vote changing/negative votes. Or only one change at the most. Top three listed in order of preference is fairly intuitive. I don't think that turns people off really.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

my dad posted:

It also increases the time needed to vote, which reduces the accessibility of the game.

You don't need to list three preferences. You can still just vote for one. This doesn't dilute your vote in any way.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
- Danal liking us is useful. Having a friend is useful. Carrying him around is also good strength training. Let's get beefy.

- Adventure! Let's see what interesting things wait in the darkness. Maybe a stream for some fish...

- Spend time with Jalitha, who can speak both languages and will be able to teach you the language faster so you can actually talk to other peoople.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Especially when we don't speak his language.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bularin posted:

I don't know, we wouldn't want our young accountant to get hurt. Adventuring is dangerous stuff. And just think of how sweet our hut will be compared to everyone else when we're the personal accountant to a heroic king! We clearly can't risk it.

That's a good point. We should first make a survey of any members of our party with accounting skills. If none are available we can spend our traveling days counting stones and doing basic arithmetic.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Hold the gate...of our money vault.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

E: No, but just no. Don't elaborate, seem sort of disturbed. This dude just said that the people of his city fish up and eat whales! The children of Asherah, gods. Their fishermen are blasphemers, or dangerous lunatics, surely they must die often, and messily, eaten by Asherah's wrath. When we return to the sea, we don't want to do so as an infidel, and invite Asherah to reclaim us in anger.

I agree.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
You're all going to look silly when Asherah is a facet of mother earth and El is the industrial Monsanto god.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Ask the joke, but right after jump on Ishamal and start biting his neck. Ok, just kidding. Don't ask the joke. Let's keep our true faith to Asherah secret from these guys.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
E-H

Donkey's might panic so we don't want to mess with the spear. Let's grab our magic tooth and charge (carefully) for glory.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

maxhush posted:

E and M

Finally!, our chance to be a hero!! - We can shoot some lightning just like Dad and the heroes in our stories did!!!

Cut our hand and try to shoot lightning at the beast. Do exactly what we saw Dad do.

This is what I wanted to do...screw it. I switch my vote to this.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
It seems more likely it's attracted to the delicious smell of meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Ok, I have a better idea. Let's turn the other cheek on this majestic beast.

D - There's no time to dilly dally!
M - Grab some meat from the fire and rush to the beast before Tudiya and his men can get there. Without making eye contact offer the great lizard some delicious venison.

A giant lizard is cooler than a dog. Let's make a new friend.

(Changing my vote to this, if it wasn't clear)