Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
The coke is just for color...
Voting H

Jalitha seems to be a lot more of a caregiver than our Father and was very central to raising us from birth. We don't have to oppose Father directly but Uncle Jorah may be able to. Additionally, he might be able to explain to little 4 year old us what happened so we can be better informed.

Also, if Jalitha dies, we won't get our seaweed cakes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
Going with option B because Dad is angry and yelling and everyone is mad.

We're 4 and very small and rather helpless overall. I think having a major figure in your life beating the hell out of another major figure in your life would be terrify.

I also personally thing that if we were to refuse to cut her hair, Father would kill Jalitha.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
A. Father
B. Uncle Jorah
E. Jalitha
D. Mom
C. Uncle Pagam
H. Alone, swimming in the ocean
F. Alone along the beach
G. Alone in the forest

L. Yes, to both Ashera and the gods of your people, alongside Jalitha's sky giant, you believe in them both

Growing up, we would probably need some kind of good role model. Father may not be kind, but he is in control and a strong personality in the village. When not learning from him, I suspect hanging out with Uncle Jorah and Jalitha would be a favorite past time. Mom doesn't seem to have much personality but you only ever have one mother, so you need to remember her.

It sounds like we're getting alot of religious teaching from both Father AND Jalitha, two people who are very important to us. Og would probably grow up believing in both Ashera and El.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
OPTION F Fight now, without a spear!

It's time to be a hot headed, big for our age Daddy's Boy with fists of fury. Jalitha could just be making all this up. Just like with the haircut, she may be doing something she thinks is helpful for us and really is just making our lives harder.

She did screw up once with the failed haircut, she may be trying to do it again.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
OPTION E: Grab your fathers giant shark took and avenge him! Stab the man who killed him!
OPTION F: Cry! This option can be included with any other!

That unknown man just MURDERED our father. We were being taken from him and these invaders refused to leave. We're an adolescent and need to rage out and try to avenge him, especially since we finally started to take our Lessons seriously.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

I was Literally Dumbstruck that people are voting to go peacefully with the aliens who just straight up murdered our father, who we Love. They're probably going to slaughter our entire village, literally our Entire World, on a LIE, told by a twist asking us to go with her.

That's pretty much how I feel. Jalitha ran up to some foreign invaders with a basket of PEARLS and then handed them a BS story giving them all the religious and moral direction they needed to kill everyone in the village and take loot the place for more pearls too.

I see two possibilities for this.

Jalitha is telling a desperate lie to escape and return to her people. She cares about Og but didn't seem to be too concerned about Uncle Jorah. She did help raise Og alot but Uncle Jorah protected her as far as we know.

Jalitha is telling the truth and we're part of a giant fish worshipping tribe of cannibals that wants to be left alone. I think it's pretty hard to be a cannibal in a village of 140 when you have not seen ANYONE from outside the village for about 11 years.

The Bad Llama fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 28, 2013

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
I vote we say this AFTER saying the rhyming poem and prayers

maxhush posted:

Jorahs coming to get us - The outsiders have killed his brother; A priest of Asherah, stolen his son and taken Asherah's tooth, their most holy relic. The great hunger will guide them to us. Pagams going to go Predator on these demons from the North.

Say;

El is the king of the sky giants. He and his giants send lightning to punish evil people and monsters. My Dad shot lightning at you.

:colbert:

Then tack on a "I don't understand what's happening." Turn to Jalitha, "Why did you say you were my mother?"

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
OPTION F Something Else.

This whole thing stinks of lies. Jalitha is not being completely honest with Og about alot of stuff and we seem to be having other people keep telling us what to do left and right.

Father was not our father.

Mother was not our mother.

People keep being obsessed with our hair for some reason.

This random person murdered our Father figure and our caretaker ran out screaming that our people were cannibals.

If anyone is going to cut Og's hair, it should be Og.

If anyone is going to give Og a new name, it should be Og.

We've already established we're a rebellious youth. Maybe we should start making the decisions for ourselves on what to learn and who to believe rather than being spoonfed whatever is most convenient for the people around us?

Ask Jalitha

"Why did you bring the basket of Pearls with you? I gave you lots of those! Did you bring them with us?"

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
Option 2 Say nothing

I don't trust her but I don't feel like putting her on the spot even more is right.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
Ask him if he has heard of Asherah.

Probably don't want to explain or preach the name right now but we should see if Asherah has been heard of before.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
Let's name our puppy BEAKY but only if the puppy is worthy of such a name

Alternatively, we could name the dog Og or Asherah

I vote NO on the whole telling Tuyida that we were learning how to read signs.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
Voting F + M

Og is who we are and have been for our entire lives. One terrible day will not change that yet. We were training to be a priest of Asherah and that is very much a part of us still.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
Voting D

The King killed our father and stole his only son. We can start the vengeance long game by taking his son now. Maybe even take his sons place as well....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Voting:

STAB HIM WITH THE TOOTH! ASHERAH HUNGERS!

ASHERAH'S HUNGER IS UNENDING!