Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Finally made my way through all of Diogines posts and I'm excited to join the wrong voting squirrels in Enkidels head. Diogines this is an awesome world you've crafted and I can't believe how you've patiently kept so much cool stuff hidden away over the years this game has run.

I

Lying and calling the Mighty Men cowards by implying supernatural attacks would scare them is just going to lead to another honor duel and pour gasoline on the burning bridge. While I is getting into "unknown Mighty power" territory If Ahaz can smell rocks why can't we get wiffs of demons?

Diogenes are we within earshot of the Acco soldiers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Seems like the goon will was to do anything to save Aaron and it loves being efficient as possible, this doesn't feel like when there were fifteen votes to keep dancing and Enkidel kept going for it.

1. A
2. U

MetricUnit fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 28, 2018

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Let's get some Alphaware Nanites for Ruth so she can be the mightiest of men and become the new King of Zepath so we don't have to. I want it to be real!

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
A, holy poo poo did El himself just come down and smite Gebek?

And for what it's worth if the previous votes are still open

1. A (ooops, sorry Jr Balls)
2. D

and El is definitely real and a bro, not battery/slot machine mountain. Even if he probably just pasted Tudiya.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
1. E
2. T
3. X

How could we have won this day without El's favor, fire from the sky and flaming rocks full of Aaron. Let's go home, at best Tudiya's 'kavodel' was an appropriate (gently caress yeah El) but poor word choice . Also down for letting the junior balls win some of their own glory hunting minotaurs.

Why was Tudiya laying in the dirt unconscious but otherwise with no apparent injuries, yet missing some of his armor?
Melachim did it.

Where is Gebek? Alive or dead? Why didn't Uriah see any signs of battle?
Dead, Melachim did it. I'm imagining this was like the battle against the Doom with Melachim with flaming swords dropping by to help fight.

Where is Samson?
Dead, went to go help Tudiya/Aaron and got smote.

What caused that tremendous light, sound and earthquake?
Force of Gebek's deathrattle. Alternatively it was a side effect of the Melachim resetting a huge chunk of reality to erase all the damage done by the battle, had to move a bunch of gluons and molecules very quickly.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
A but boy am I tempted to drag that Ark to Kitron and open it up. I guess when Ishamael has to kick us out of Ur we can swing by Kitron on our way out.

Hey Diog now that we have our presence sense returning can we figure out [???]?

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

I don't think El is really all-powerful or anything, and I do believe that Enkidel is something super new and super WEIRD in that he can actually regain [???], unlike apparently everything else. So once we climb that mountain and absorb the El Storage System in like 10 real life years he'll have enough juice to do a whole lot of stuff.

We already saw what happens when Enkidel gets to an insane power level in the vision Smythos sent us. We could use [???] to make air to breathe and food for our men to eat, but in the end it was finite. I don't think we're actually gaining [???] as much as we're unlocking our set amount of [???] that has to last us until the end of time based on what Amok/Smythos/Ishmael have told us.

My theory is that our unrefined, explosive use of [???] is what's drawing all the demons to Ur. The Melachim always hide their presence, they use mighty men as a power proxy an even MM don't use their powers in cities where people can see it because El worked real hard putting the demons to sleep in horrifying caves like under Bareen's temple and cloaking Ur from the wandering eyes in the stars.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
FG and also don't mention super angsty Melachim who we definitely didn't see.

Not trying to hide the mercy killings from Ishmael, but it's not like there's anything useful he can tell us and it still feels real lovely.
Ishmael knows the Eagle arrow exists and probably exactly what it does/did, I'm sure he didn't just ignore it to avoid talking about the weather.
I want to know what the gently caress he meant by his whole 'not all is as it seems'.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
A Don't like Tyrant King Enkidel. Even if we somehow catch the one merchant cultist Fare will surely sneak another one in by the next jubilee.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
AL, can we be diplomatic ever? Even if our goal is eventually integrating the refugees we should do it in baby steps.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
1. E or until Aaron wakes up
2. A
3. BHHbHb I'd also like to get some time with Tudiya/Danal
4. K
5. Ask Zebanetha for some holy quests to send the jr balls on to distract them from demons and donuts.
6. B
7. We already pleaded this case to Tudiya, we're already spread too thin to go attack the only demon faction we haven't done any damage to that is definitely at full strength.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
9. 12 Old guard are being cool and showing up to help out with the Temple, don't want to remind them why they hate us (we're making GBS threads on tradition)
10. 13, 14, 18 26

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
G We can probably handle anything living down here... probably.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
M and fire ourselves

I feel like the whole reason we came down here was to find something dangerous, might as well keep trucking

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Because where else can we do some cool exploration without needing everyone's permission. Also great call to whoever suggesting setting ourselves on fire.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Don't ask Zeb, I don't want to have to come up with some bullshit about who 'him' could be, probably the being "Lucifer".

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
QP

Thank El for this sweet adventure, then climb up for a better vantage point before a camo-trex eats us in the forest.

I'm kinda worried if we go back whatever collapsed the tunnel before will just destroy the entire passageway and we will never be able to get back here...

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
P still since it gets us back down there but I think hunting down a animal no on in Ur has seen in centuries, hundreds of feet below the earth would make an awesome offering for the Lord of Hosts who deserves all our praise and is great.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
G. I don't expect any messages from El, just want to offer him a cool sacrifice and then maybe F in the next vote to get the lay of the land.

Hard "endpoint" for me would probably be getting more than 6-12 hours from Kavodel, I just want to scope the area out. I'm curious if something down here is why Kavodel is such an awesome place. Alternatively the long tunnel of water/deadly neurotoxin makes me think this might be some Melachim/Zepas personal zoo.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
N

We made some noise and didn't immediately die, see guys this place is totally safe.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
The stronger we get the more our presence stands out and attracts bigger, scarier things to eat us, I don't think there will ever be a 'strong enough' to explore safely. We probably should have brought the laurels though.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
E Cool caves are cool. Don't bring samples back, we're going to bring some mushrooms that shoots super toxin spores into the air and kills half of Kavodel. I'm all for exploring but I think we're going to need to do a fire detox on everything we bring back.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Cb, I'm hoping this just reflects Enkidels faith that El created too many coincidences to save Aaron and not claiming any particular divine revelation. I really like Plan Theglavwen but Enkidel knows it will probably fail.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Don't poop, that's for lesser beings

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
It would be kinda weird to release the slaves before the jubilee, but maybe if they did an exceptional job it would be OK?

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Bonus Trivia Challenge for 0 Ur Points!

Do the temples/priests have slaves?

I imagine Ur slavery starting out as a thing amongst the sons of Labaras who live for centuries/millennia so rather than murder each other if someone beat you in a fight you had to help them with their dumb 500 foot Baitel wall or whatever, are there any Old Tale stories like that?

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
I don't think there's any plan for an update tonight, which means it will probably drop any minute now.

Diogines posted:

The update should be well worth the wait. But at this point, i'm aiming for Friday or Saturday. It will be by Saturday at the latest, there is a strong chance it will happen on Friday.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
It would be much more humane to just eat one like the flute to magically figure out how they work rather than kill a bunch. There's gotta be something to them if the giants went to the trouble to making a human farm.

Pretty sure we're not missing any skilled human artisans, we just don't have Mighty Man Baitel tier geniuses that could forge magical arms and armor (RIP Samson).

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Ed. If we ever need a better bow just take a jog down to Baitel and talk to Hadad. Tudiya needs some new armor after his got destroyed by Gebek.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005

Mr. Nemo posted:

OR why not take a hike to a great city and buy some armor from a master twice as old as Samson and even better than him? Just because they haven’t had screeen time like Hadad doesn’t mean they don’t exist. If anything they are much more common than bow makers.

Because we have an in with Hadad. If Tudiya wants new armor then Tudiya probably would need to go to Baitel and prove himself for some old jaded smith-master, it's not a problem we can throw money at.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005

Diogines posted:

You don't know.

It is unlikely anyone in Ur can replace the pieces of the armor that Tudiya lost, outside of Baitel maybe. Unless he has some more of that quality in stock, it is gone forever. Barkof ran off with the Zepathan Commander of the Mighty Men armor and Aaron probably had the best suit in the city after the King, you included.

No.one in Zepath can even make the armor of a quality that you have anymore. The man who came closest, Samson, is assumed dead. You and Danal have armor made by Samson's mentor, Tudiya's uncle. There may be more locked away, you don't know what is in Tudiya's vault.

Is where the armor stuff is coming from. Since Tudiya's best poo poo is stuff like his Uncle's shield I'm guessing most of the older kings suicided with their best gear/they used blooded super armor that would kill the merely incredibly blooded current generation of Mighty Men. I think the first crazy Melachim Temple lady had some of those.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
We're dramatically less tough than every equivalent Mighty Man and being able to rebuild our body after Tanaach didn't help us survive getting smashed against a wall and dying via giant or almost getting killed by 'chaff' Bnaimokt when we did spin to win. I get that it's not as flashy and cool as bows and greatswords but Enkidel is an offensive juggernaut who dies to a stiff breeze.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Clearly the more things Enkidel does the more complicated the world becomes. At this rate we'll keep throwing so many wrenches into the divine works that time skips will become impossible to process. Team Boring was right all along...

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Do we have any idea how old the golden king is? If he knew enough about Amok to be impressed we killed him he might be super duper grandson of Labaras old. I'd love to go visit him and go demon hunting and swap archery/demon notes but I think we could make it three votes tops before we assault him and get king-mode splattered against a wall.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Honestly it's incredible the powers that be haven't thrown us into an Orm pit. We break pretty much every oath we make (though Arrow Time and Ball Trance were super awesome and I'm sad they still aren't allowed) and have constant thoughts about eating everything, trying to be worshiped like a god and upsetting social order.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
The answer to "don't pull the child saving lever" is usually "you can't control your power and it could have casualty warping consequences". It would be loving awesome if they could explain it, but us merely being aware of what our power can do seems to unlock stuff (like Amok making us realize we had wings or Sandals walking on walls) I think us reaching into other peoples brains and possibly altering their thoughts was an extension of this. Hence they'll tell us when we're older, which I'm sure they're not telling us just because they like to see the manimal stumble around.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
1. A If David wants to keep watching over Rimmath he can do it of his own free will rather than as a punishment
2. C and I punished Esher for disregarding the King's edict, only we get to do that!
3. B
4. H These arrows seem like a bad idea, the feeling of dread makes me feel real uneasy about what will happen if we just destroy them (like the statue)
5. BI and ask Tudiya for permission to use it to craft a thing. We already know our bow has a blue chip so it's probably a reasonable ask.
6. A Easy vote to make even if I hate it
7. A No point in trying to overturn Sacred Law, just let societal and economic pressure do it's magic.

[+1] to questioning the Monument
[+1] to we are the best and our wishes do deserve to come to fruition when we're older

Added my vote to the spreadsheet.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Given that Amok went to storm Fare and didn't appear to be successful, there must be some real gnarly defense there because I can't imagine anything at Acco would have even made him sweat. Like it would probably take us buffing all our balls to Tudiya levels of badass to even put a dent in it. I think Fare has been fortifying his defenses using blood magic for when Asherah comes back, we're just some dopes with spears that are hurting his blood sacrifice gathering.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
FIND HER TEMPLE-CHAN and bring her back!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
J added to the spreadsheet. I wouldn't mind swinging by Baitel on the way but we could also see a brand new great city other than Seir! That's cool!