Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Voting for option B, time to be mortal and squishy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Throwing in a vote for D as well, I think it's cool that it's the only choice that puts us in line to be a part of the clergy. In a Dante game, it's probably good to be on the good side of the big guy, fish, or whatever.

Beef-Stew fucked around with this message at May 21, 2013 around 16:14

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

I don't think F really shifts the blame away from Jalitha at all. Father dearest literally caught her in the act, there's no way we are going to be able to take the rap for this.

Jumping on the H train, not to be a dirty tattler but I don't really see a better way to stop our dad from killing her. Obviously we don't know how slaves are treated in the village, and she's in the wrong according to our faith, but he might be able to at least save her life. We need to appeal to the "higher power" of our uncle to save her.

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Dio posted:

She takes the stone knife and begins to cut your hair. You are not afraid. You know she would NEVER hurt you and oh boy, seaweed cakes! She starts to sing strange words as she cuts your hair, they don't sound like words anyone speaks but her song is very pretty.

Suddenly someone pulls her back, the knife slices the top of your scalp as she is yanked, giving you a small cut and one which won't cause any permanent harm, but, to a four year old, it may as well be losing a limb.

Just quoting this for those that think F has a chance of working. Certainly if he hadn't seen what had gone down I'd be all for trying to take the blame, but he is going to completely ignore us based on what he just saw happening. We need someone in here who actually has a chance of getting dad off of her and giving him a chance to cool down.

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

If we can reliable choke out two words, how about "Papa... Mad!". This way he'll show up with the intention of calming down his brother or at least knowing he's upset. He may momentarily think that dad hurt us, but I think he'll restrain him before getting all stone axey on him. Showing up bleeding and specifying Jalitha with elaboration, a known foreign slave who dad is actively pummeling, may not pan out well.

Edit: My concern with "Papa...Help" is that, as you mentioned, it might sound like we want him to help Papa whoop on Jalitha. What if we point at our head as well as where the smackdown is occurring? It's a little dishonest, but again, it will probably get uncle to pull daddo off her.

Beef-Stew fucked around with this message at May 22, 2013 around 16:31

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Yeah, actually I'm down with G. Save Jalitha!. I'm a little worried we might only choke out Jalitha... but I don't think two words should be too much to ask.

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Clearly Jalitha doesn't have issues with haircuts, and if this makes things right in daddo's eyes let's do it. Let's just hope he's not trying to get us to kill her, because in that case I think we should totally use the 4 year old defense of being a blubbering crying mess.

Voting C

Beef-Stew fucked around with this message at May 23, 2013 around 19:20

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

H. Alone, swimming in the ocean
B. Uncle Jorah
A. Father
D. Mom
E. Jalitha
F. Alone along the beach
C. Uncle Pagam
G. Alone in the forest

L. Yes, to both Ashera and the gods of your people, alongside Jalitha's sky giant, you believe in them both

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Oh yeah, let's totally go with the people who just decapitated our dad .

Voting to grab the shark tooth and then D, let's see these armored fucks get us out of the ocean. We should stay in the village and help make things right with the help of our uncles. We can't abandon our people!

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Modifying my vote to add E. Crying, if we are going to abandon our entire life to go with the people who killed our dad, we might as well do it looking like a little bitch. I encourage all people who wanted to stay behind to make a similar modification and make our voice heard!

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Voting B. Can't wait to stab this heathen and feed his heart to fishgod.

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Throwing in a vote for plan maxhush. I definitely see this ending with us happily back in fishgod's loving embrace. He will reward our loyalty.

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Welp, time to turn our back on everything we knew and start a new life. A

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Aight, seems like our people were actually a bunch of cannibal jerks. Apologies for the foot dragging and stubborn clinging to fishgod. I'm not sure if I'm ready to disbelieve him yet, but he's sounding more like a demon than a diety.

1. A, Let's not be a dick, we could use a friend.

2. A- not often you get to to chat with a king, and F- I anticipate another time skip soon, and talking with this dude is going to give us a good picture of what it's like to be a 20 something in this new city and what life looks like for his (our new?) people.

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Voting for A and J. Turns out fish god was a big man eating jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy

Wandering into the jungle with no forestry skills is bound to go well! Voting F