Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1.B
2.E
3.L
4.S
5.A C K (B too)

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

D

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. A
2. 2K Q
3. D
4. E
5. M

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. E

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. C

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. A
2. K

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. E
2. L M
3. Q
4. T
5. D

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

6. B
7. H
8. 200 A

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. C
2. G
3. C

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. A
2. I
3. N
4. R
5. U
6. D
7. C

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. B
2. G
3. O
4. S

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. C
2. V Murder Bunker

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. B
2. F
3. M
4. R

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. G put him to work under Tizqar
2. I

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. F
2. K
3. P
4. Y

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. F
2. K
3. V

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. A

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. G

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

2. O

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. A

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. B

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. B M

Obviously the demons are the main issue but I'm pissed that the powers that be didn't take our warnings seriously or give the word to run when the tentacle monster started winning.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

Diogines posted:

Your aching arms and legs are no longer so terribly sore, but they still ache a big and your back hurts more, not less. Yet you have made some progress in terms of survival. That small pond you saw? You drank it dry, gulping down perhaps two hundred gallons of water? You have not pissed a drop since. You don't seem to be sweating either. The first thing you managed to find to eat, a number of tiny fish smaller than a pinky. You chowed down on all of them, they did not so much as put a dent in your hunger.

We're probably growing wings.

1. B

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Telling him that worshiping us actually worked would fill his head with all sorts of crazy ideas. Tell him nothing.

We should tell Paebel when he's older

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. A
2. G

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

A

This is the hardest vote. If we break the siege and free Dor, then we've made enemies of every city within ~1 month's travel and are even more isolated than we are now. I was really on the fence about this and if Dor and Acco were of Zepa's line it would have been enough to tip me in favor of intervention. But if we war on the donut, how far are we going to take it? It's not enough to just lift the siege of Acco or liberate Dor because those two can no longer defend themselves. We don't have enough well-blooded men to start replacing lovely, neighboring kings.

Zebanetha is right. If we dip our toe in we're going to get caught up in their corruption instead of being a bulwark against the monsters.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

E
+1 tell him about the other attacks
+1 arrange marriages

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

A
A
A
E
H

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. B

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

A

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

c

Not all is lost but we are now in a strictly worse position because of that vote. They weren't going to immediately kill us before so there's not much to do but hope they still don't kill us. We need to heal before we can reasonably escape on our own if things go squirrely. So let's hope they don't kill us and get Paebel and Snarls ready for a stealth rescue mission if we can't do diplomacy after the pain dies down.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

A
H

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

I don't understand the people complaining about the dancing votes. It was just a more fun version of wait patiently for them to make contact. We made it clear we weren't leaving and we also avoided acting aggressive. If we had just continued in the same vein, persistence without aggression we'd be in a much better position right now. I get that people were uncomfortable with submitting, but then your problem wasn't with dancing it was with attempting to make peaceable contact. Some called for a show of force as the lizard people were approaching. That's fine but it was just a different way of making contact, one that I think would have closed a lot of doors for us.

In the scheme of things, I don't think the decision to dance, even as they approached, ranks in the top 10 crazy things Enkidel has done.

Canasta_Nasty fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 15, 2015

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

I think the smart thing to do would have been to dance as they were approaching and then let them chain us. We'd be exactly where we are now, which isn't particularly bad compared to Ibleam or Tanaach, except with fewer guns pointed at our head and fewer bullets in our body.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

F
I

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

L

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

the_steve posted:

+1 to trying to communicate with the fucker who hijacked our Snarls link.

-1 to warning it of the fact that we get crazy stupid when we're cornered.

I agree

Trying to threaten the immense presence while we are manacled and surrounded, after it saw us gunned down seems silly. We're not helpless but they know that. Vague threats would just be antagonistic bluster when our best bet is to project a simple-minded curiosity. This should be our themesong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLbCedNKuxY

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. F Take them back whole to Kavodel along with the writings
2. H