Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

H gently caress YOU DAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I'm sure our history must contain stories of people who caught legendary amounts of cod or spilled legendary amounts of seed upon the beach. But I suppose that probably occupies a slightly different set of linguistic connotations than the wandering hero.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

1. Where did you sleep each night?
C. In my own bed in my mother's room because I love her so much! I did not want her to be lonely since I spend all day with Danal.

2. When Danal threw the ball I...
D. I did not get the ball because I am not a dog! But Snarls Barkley was with us so I told him to get it! He is very smart and he did!

3. When Danal does his pranks I...
B. I cover for him when he gets caught so he does not get in trouble.

4. Danal ignored me at first when I told him he HAD to do something, so I...
D. I try again because I love Danal and I do not want him to get hurt!

5. How much does this bother me?
E. Alright. I admit it. It does bother me. I try even harder to fit in because of it. I try to act like other people act.

6. I decided to...
C. A robe like everyone else.

7. When Danal is sent to clean the temple I....(Pick the one that MOST represents your motivation)
B. Go help him, of course! Danal is my friend. I try to keep him entertained by telling him jokes as we clean together.

8. Speaking of gods, what do you believe?
B. I am uncertain what I believe, but I observe the religious practices other people follow.

9. When I am not playing with Danal, my favorite thing to do is...
K. Sometimes I get to watch Tudiya do king stuff! He usually does not mind as long as I am quiet because I am Danal's friend. I like to follow him around and watch! Danal says it is boring!

10. Did I help Danal sneak out?
A. Yes, I did. It was something we did regularly and I took a sword I "borrowed" like Danal said to.

11. When I really think about it, I honestly think that Danal is my....
A. Best friend.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Yep, the only thing we'll learn from that girl is what it feels like to have a broken heart.

:emo:

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

C and C (tell Ishamal).

I'm voting against this now just so I can get on my horse about it when it all goes tits up later on :colbert:

SHE WILL BREAK OUR HEART DAMMIT

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Uberwill posted:

I - Ask Ishamal to break it off with Naomi, but then we let her know that we will become a great hero some day and on that day we will ask for her hand. (young love/crazy ambition/desire to not be a slave being the primary motivators for me)

Chucking my vote in for this

FoxTerrier posted:

'I' is asking for Ishmael with help getting over a broken heart and seeing what he suggests. With any luck, this leads to our first tavern crawl.

combined with this.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

1. B
2. Whatever equipment they will give us (if nothing then staff) or...
3. B IF they give us equipment and IF we get to choose then a metal staff probably has the best usefulness:our ability ratio.

And for El's sake do not let Danal come with us.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

"It" could be some kind of coded message. If we convert it numerically using our sophisticated knowledge of mathematics and cryptology we get 9 and many-lots. Or perhaps its reversed, and we need many-lots of nine TIs... TI... emphasising the "Take it" in the original message... oh this Tudiya is a clever one... we have to take the throne back to the palace and circle it on our hands nine-and-many-lots times to complete the ritual and dispel the minotaurs.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

1. Are you afraid of the monstrous horde?
E. Maybe a little... there sure are a lot of them.

2. As Danal moves to climb down, what is your PRIMARY concern at this moment?
A. Danal getting hurt, of course! He is my little brother!

3. Are you frustrated or angry that Danal is disobeying you?
B. A little! My butt may be on the line here!

4. ....but you are going to keep calm, right?(Only pick one if you did NOT vote for A for #3 above)
B. I am finding it a little hard, but I keep calm.

5. As Danal moves to climb down you....
I. Remind Danal that the palace is currently full of women (including our mother) and puppies, and if any of them slip past the mighty men we and Danal are the only bad enough dudes for quite some distance who will be able to help defend them. The household guard clearly aren't nearly as awesome as us, so we need to be on hand to help them out. Remind him further that as the King's son this duty is expected of him (regardless of how true that is).

Hopefully that appeals to an 8 year old.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

1. Just how badly do you want to get up there?
C. I want to get up there quickly!

2. You are stronger, older, have longer legs and are significantly faster than Danal. Whatever pace go at, he is going to slow you down, quite a bit. You....
B. You are still quite a bit bigger than Danal, toss him over a shoulder and run for it!

3. As you close in towards area where the first minotaurs have died, you...
G. Search the field for wounded, and help anyone that we can. At the very least by finding those still alive and drawing attention towards them. Breaking our promise to help wounded men is one thing, but breaking our promise and putting Danal in danger to get a few trinkets off enemies we didn't even help to kill is going to make Tudiya furious.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I'm not really sure that we can gain any prestige from looting/scavanging from the work of others. Far better to do something useful like helping the wounded.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

SerSpook posted:

Man, it's going to be great when we travel around the world, just killing monsters. Then making the first seaside city, gonna call it "Enkidelville".

Or "Danalville" in honour of the tragic, preventable death of our impulsive friend.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I vote we spend all this time learning how to make friends and defuse hostile situations :shobon:

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

SerSpook posted:

I'd really like an update rather than the full story of Labaras right now, so may I offer a compromise of sorts?

Some of the stuff said in IRC, and the in Diog's post, suggests that the story is super long. I'm pretty sure this is when Labaras finds El atop the holy mountain and does a lot of his stuff. So rather than hear the whole thing now, I'd like to hear the cliff notes version and perhaps get on with the story for now? Diog can work on writing out the full thing and have Tudiya tell it to us when we return, as a man.

I also think this would fit better in with what we're doing, yeah? We leave with incomplete knowledge, into an unknown, and we come back a man and gain true knowledge. Besides, I think this will not disrupt the flow of updates with choices as much if Diogines can plan it out and write it up over a longer period of time? Of course that's up to him whether he does that; I just want to see what happens next with Enkidel.

+1 for this.

Honestly I quite like having the story of our namesake teased out over time, such that the parellels are retrospective of our own life. To do it the other way around might present something like a guide for us to live up to and vote in line with, which I think would spoil things a bit.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

There doesn't have to be anything magic about the army losing morale when they see their biggest and best torn limb from limb.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Quaff piss til it dribbles down our chin.

edit: I also vote that we enjoy it.

Captain Mediocre fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 6, 2013

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

You guys do know that a dog as smart as Snarls will NEVER be able to look at us or treat us the same way after we spend 3 days drinking his piss right?

You're going to traumatize and scar the dog horribly

He's a dog! Dogs eat their own poo poo!

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Lets not make an oath to serve El all our lives, for one thing we have no idea what might happen in the future and its going to bite us in the rear end if we ever find out something which changes our mind about him.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

"Milk" it anyway.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Theglavwen posted:

B: Talk to it. "Hi goat."

Probably A after that though. Azz has sent us the goat for a reason. I don't think he's playing a joke on us, he seemed legitimately interested in helping; I think he's tossing us a bone. I want to proceed carefully though, as the bone he's tossing us might not be the edible kind we think it is, and he might be shocked and angered to find that we assumed his precious goat was for eating, instead of the obvious alternative.

He's tossed us a bone, we need to do a bit of bone tossing in return.

B. Lets milk that goat.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Got milk?

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Tudiya can read minds (or close), he'll know we didn't cheat.

edit: yeah, that ^

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Also the people on the street have themselves mostly undergone trivial nancy trials anyway so they can't exactly criticise us.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

B - though any positive option is fine really.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Well we never did get to toss off that goat. I am going to consider this development fair recompense on Diogines' part.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Ahaha brilliant.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Volmarias posted:

Is this a rhetorical question, or does he actually want us to say what we think?

Tell him we think that without the mighty men we'd spend much less time listening to smarmy sarcastic replies like this one :colbert:

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

One big domestic harmony potion.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

There Bias Two posted:

Okay, that does it. Preemptively voting to make chitin armor out of the scorpion carcass for Snarls ASAP.

Christ this is an excellent idea.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

1. C
2. -

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

B Bail. The turning point for me was when she called Ishamal a fool.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

If we stay and we're wrong then welp, fair enough. If we go and we're wrong, we're the biggest rear end in a top hat this side of Baitel. Given that none of the supernatural beings we've encountered have ever chastised us for believing in El, I don't see there's much to lose by carrying on whether he exists or not.

B - Tell her politely but firmly, no thanks.

Considering how many years she's apparently had to think about this, she sure has done a lovely job of bringing it up out the blue and demanding we leave immediately. Why on earth would she think we'd accept? At least when other people withold information they are straight up about it, she is trying to use it as leverage to get us to make a huge decision in her favour. gently caress you, Bareen.

Captain Mediocre fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 20, 2013

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Except in terms of personal repercussions for us, the Melachim (or the devil) apparently don't really care that we worship El. It is apparently an incredibly big deal for El if we worship the Melachim.

The risk/reward balance isn't the same, there's no need to go with the upheaval.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Zybourne Clock posted:

Question for Diogines: do we know where in Zepath Barkof lives? Is Tudiya's house (I presume this is where we keep our club) along the way to Barkof's? And is that extra bundle of arrows still available to us?

Barkof is the only card left in Bareen's deck that could influence the course of this altercation. By sneaking up on him and planting an arrow in his chest/greeting him with a surprise conk on the head, we can snuff out that unguarded flame before it spreads out.

N. For now.

If we were to go alone to visit Barkof we'd also be giving ourselves another last opportunity to be successfully kidnapped. Let's stay near the Mighty Men for a bit once this fight is sorted.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I would really like the final revelation of this CYOA to be that we aren't special, we never were special, and all of our problems were caused by the assumption that we are.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

JT Jag posted:

An ordinary nearly 8-foot tall doofus.

Magic food :colbert:

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Vote for general not-leaving

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I'm pro-kids insofar as I think its what Enkidel would/ought to do, but only so long as we don't end up playing a child micromanagement CYOA. But then no doubt Dio would only guilt-trip us about not spending enough time with them :colbert:

Not that it matters because I bet Enkidel is probably infertile.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Azzazzel knows about the dog piss and told us not to do it.

Azzazzel knows about molesting a goat and didn't tell us not to do it.

Find another goat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Ishamal is our Sebek and I see no problem with taking advantage of the advice, even if we do it a lot. Visit Ishamal.