Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B and D in that order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

G
This poo poo could be important.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Be honest +1

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pokeylope posted:

Hero training begins now E: Danal and Enkidel will one day be the stuff of legends. Even if our early work won't be remembered, you've gotta start somewhere.

changing my vote to this.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C&F
I doubt we're clever enough to pull off a lie. Maybe a little white lie, but truthfully, I expect that the grownups can see through our deceptive ruse.

And let Danal keep Monkey. We're getting a dog once we get to our new home, they can be best friends, like we are with Danal. :)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hold the gate

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holdin' the Gate, Boss.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A
Enkidel has waited for what feels like weeks to have some adventure, and by Magical Sky God, he's going to get some adventure this night.
Besides, if we go tell on the grownups, they'll either say we had a bad dream, or the building will be gone when they come to humor us by looking.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

To anyone not on Team A: Ya'll are assuming we're gonna get jumped by some pissed off dryad or whatever. What if we go and it's Tom Bombadil? Him and his wife will hook us up and we'll spend all night singing and dancing.
Don't you want us to be happy?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

try to wake up the human statue by loudly saying (but not yelling) "Hello." Say it in our mother's language.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

J! Chums for the FishGod!
For gently caress's sake no, I am kidding.

Real Vote: Say to the statue person: "My name is Enkidel, these are my friends Danal and Monkey. What's your name?"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ask: Are these your treasures? What do they do?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Point at the white flute: Do you know how to play? Would you teach me?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

"Yes. Place the small end at your mouth and blow. Move your fingers across the top."

Your people have flutes, you know what one is, even if this one is very odd looking.

But do we know how to play? Or is that one of the myriad things Dad told us would piss off Asherah?
Either way:
Voting to play the flute.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C - The sandals and the stringless bow ( DEFINITELY the sandals, Maybe the bow)
J - Tell mom about our adventure
K - But also ask for new clothes. With them and new sandals, we will look every bit the Hero we are!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Agreed with what SerSpook, the flute just really calls to me for some reason. Above all else, we need to ensure we get it. The sandals are probably magical, and if not, they're going to at least be ridiculously well-made and probably last us forever.

And we should try to get something for Danal, I doubt getting Monkey will appease him when he sees us with cold, hard treasure. That's kinda where I was going with the Bow vote, though one of the other items may be more fitting for him.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I don't think the place is a trap, I think the music and compulsions are a defense mechanism to ensure the place stays peaceful and undisturbed.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B+D
If they do ask, tell them the truth.
If Danal asks, just say that yes, we had a great adventure.

Voting to ask for some clothes, so we can look like the other men (and also carry our flute)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A and J
All he said is true, and in gratitude, I shall play him the song of my people!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hm, alluva sudden I'm not too crazy about our future prospects.

I'm going to vote A, if only to see if Danal is going to start treating us like a chump.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Question: When you say our attempt to play the flute in front of the city still came out "pretty", is that Pretty as a general consensus? Or pretty as in that's our/Enkidel's opinion?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I just hope Danal doesn't 180 into a little shithead on us now that he's home.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. D - E - C - B - A
3.F

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Also: If we have the flute in our posession at the moment, we should play it. Puppy concert!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holy shitballs, all of the choices.
Also, shar-pei! This makes me very happy. I had one growing up, we were best friends for drat near 15 years.

1.C
2. E - Tell THE JOKE
3. A
4. H
5. B
6. C - with a ton of pockets inside to carry the treasure we will inevitably discover. And treats for Snarls. And our flute.
7. B
8. B
9. C
10. A
11. A

Edit: appended #6. Same choice.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 27, 2013

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. C
2. L

I believe we should continue to learn, but we also need to learn some martial skills. Whatever weapon we decide we want to be good at, we should start trying to get lessons with.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BoyG posted:

Do our sandals allow us to fall from heights unharmed?

I doubt it. I think they just let us walk/run without ever getting tired or fatigued.

If we wanted ones for falling, we should have grabbed these ones

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. N
2. L

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. H - We want to see the world, and slaves can't do that.
2. B - If need be, we will ask again when we are older and wiser.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A-E-H
2. B - Way I see it, that's who Tudiya subscribes to, and Tudiya is the one who got us this snazzy new life.
3. B
4. H
5. C - It's important to remember who we were, but to also accept who we are.
6. A - Let's go with this, but not get creepy about it.
7. Snarls is a good boy. Make sure that we have been giving him plenty of treats and love.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. D - We won't tell him. Not out of fear for life and limb, we just don't see a need to.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D - Break things off with her, but promise that it's only until we can be worthy in Tudiya's eyes.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B - The chair is obviously important, and we should know our limitations enough to know that we would only get in the way. Assist in the home defense, and train harder so that next time, we can be useful.

3. B

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A + D
2. C - We aren't worried about the monsters, we'll get caught and stopped long before we get to where anything good is going on.
3. B
4. A
5. E - He needs us up here to be scouts! From here, we can see if anything gets inside the city, and if they do, we need to warn everyone inside the house.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I don't want to order Danal to do anything. Sure, in the short term, it'll get us what we want (maybe), but it's going to plant resentment if we start throwing our weight around. Resentment that he's going to cash in on when Tudiya pulls him aside in the future and says "Oh yeah, Enkidel is totally your slave by the way. You can free him if you want, but that's your choice."

We need to stick with subtlety, let him have our way.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. B

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A - Hell yeah, got caught up in the moment
2. A - We wanted to to begin with, but, Tudiya trusted us with his chair and Danal's safety. But hell, the danger has to be over by now.
3. B - Loot!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. C
2. A - We need to keep an eye on him anyways, and he needs to be allowed to run on his own two legs.
3. F - Magic items!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

They are poorly armed, with simple wood and stone clubs and axes at best, many are bare handed. You can search, perhaps you may even find something, but from what you can tell of them, the odds of finding anything "magical" is rare.

"Magic" items indeed exist, heck, you seem to find two in the forest and Bareen and her adventurers seem to have a few... but they are, rare. This does not mean you won't find anything, I am just clarifying as to what you can guess the odds are.

I stand by my decision. :colbert:

Question though, when you say all the local youths are clamoring for the battlefield, are we talking primarily around Danal's age group? Are their kids our age running in for trophies?
What I'm wondering is, are we doing something typically regarded as a thing that little kids like Danal do?