Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
You got too big for your britcbes Diog, the game stays here. B: Praise the Sun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

No reason. :colbert: Really. No reason.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Sweet monkey loving lord I cannot hold my tongue for much longer. Leave the tooth! Leave it!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tudhalias posted:

In our head at least, it should sound like this:

El, all-knowing, seeing all
El, All-father, towering tall,
Tall from heaven, giants' home
O'er the land his giants roam
Roam and seek what is not right
Seek and smite with righteous might!
Smattas smites and thunder throws!
From firm Labaras Baitel grows!
Marnal forges bolts of flame,
Heals the harmed and lifts the lame.
Monsters lurk around us, hid,
So upon our knees we bid:
Aid us El! All-seeing king!
Save us from the harm that rings
Us round and round, O Sky Giants, hear!
Find us in our hour drear!
Find and aid as El would will!
From atop your heav'nly hill!
Aid us all, as El would will!

(Several edits later: I couldn't find any solid info on Maranal so I didn't include him)
(Several posts and an edit later than that: I'm dumb! MaranalMarnal now included!

This right here. This is awesome.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

OhYo posted:

Yea, really jumping the gun, people. Wait.

My response to Danal: "Dogs seem like play-things for little children. I will see your dogs, but I will to mature to do as men do, not as children. A thing of value cast to dogs is a waste for they will devour it. I will not cast my efforts to dogs, but to men and women, young and old."

Voters, we've gotten an honorable hair-cutting and naming from the king of Zepath and you want to squander away with animal-keeping? There will be a reason we are set apart from the sons of Tudiya: not because we are weak and childlike, because we are meek and mature.

Meekness is the control of power, not the absence of power.

Interesting, my vote goes here.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm voting against Beaky because it's stupid.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
A & I

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Motherfucking ADVENTURE time!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

HBar posted:

YES. Changing my vote to

Also, consider that the king may have used his powers to summon the lizard to test us or Danal.

Oh man this is actually a really good idea.

Let's get eaten!

My vote is

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So for everyone voting S, just thought you should know that if you don't also vote to pray to ASHERAH it most certainly won't work. You know, the bloodthirsty fishgod who gave our not-dad all his powers? Yeah.

Voting S is the stupid option.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

This is a good time to do this.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SerSpook posted:

Actually, yeah, I'm going to try something here that might also involve throwing lightning.

Changed from RRO.

We will pray to Smattas and Marnal, for there (highlighted for chuckles) protection against these beasts, and we have faith that it will work. These two both involve lightning and thunder, and we can't go bugging El with everything.

Changing my vote from copious amounts of making GBS threads ourselves to praying to the angels of kicking rear end.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 13, 2013

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We are going to die so hard right now. Enjoy being lizard poop!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
A

and also voting for Smattass and Marnal come save us! Holy poo poo we are WAY over our heads! Because only the Angels of Asskicking can help us now.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm pro-Smatass/Marnal, because they are the Angels of Asskicking

Asherah is a giant pussy compared to them. Don't believe me? Go ahead, pray to them. Call them for help. Then point then in Asherah's direction. Say, "That rear end in a top hat is eating people!" Watch them kick his rear end.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

HBar posted:

If El is listening, he already heard us. Now in our panic we scream out to Smattas and Marnal and then everyone else we can think of.

This is clearly the way to go. Only these mighty beings can aide us now! Although Ishmael's doing a drat fine job.

Diogines posted:

According to your mother's stories, Smattas and Marnal are prone to rescuing children and damsels in distress from a great variety of dangers.

See!

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 15, 2013

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This is why nobody loves you you Jewcoon.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

:bandwagon:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SMATTAS! SAVE US!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SerSpook posted:

Nope, gently caress you Asherah tooth. If we gotta have something from this pantheon, let's get a claw of Smis or something.

What he said. Again.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

my dad posted:

B

Here's my reasoning:

Og is a kid who is cold and tired and wants to go home. He could have given up. In fact, it would have been the right thing to do, as far as I care. Yet he kept walking. Through the rain, through the tears, through the sweat, through the blood, through everything a world could throw at him.

Because a true hero does not quit before hardship.

Og is the one who fell from the sky, but Enkidel is the one who rose. And even if Og can't make a step forward, ENKIDEL CAN! :ssj:

I like my dad's reasoning here.

edit: Just to be clear I really do think the reasoning is sound. Despite everything, all the stress and trauma that we have endured in a very short period of time, this can be seen as a sort of rebirth. By casting away the tooth and realizing that Asherah we have decided to cast away who we were as a child and embrace what we can become. We have seen what a Hero, with a big drat capital H, is capable of and know that if we ever want to grow up and be an astronaut we have to learn one big lesson.

NEVER

GIVE

UP

Fight with every ounce of energy you have. And when your body tells you to quit you say, "No gently caress you body! Who's in charge here? Me! Keep going damnit!"

Cause its the only way we're going to get to that big H and the ability to punch demons out of people.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 19, 2013

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
M - Fall down the ventilation shaft after screaming, "No! That's not true! That's impossible!"

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Jewcoon posted:

E: Danal, Enkidel. Lets start our own adventures and stories!

drat straight!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hey Diog. I haven't been in chat for awhile so I'm just popping in to tell you I'm still reading this.

Try to play some funky on our new awesome flute.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What? None of you know anything. Only the Man With The Golden Flute is awesome enough for us to emulate!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This one here.

Oh yeah and HAH! The Man With the Golden Flute rules all!

&

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 16, 2013

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

jng2058 posted:

Sure, why not?

+

Tell them how awesome the king is and then play that funky music white boy!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
K: Launch a legal claim against the the box cage slavery! Let's get all KoDP up in here.

S: Becoming an Ofalmancer seems like a good idea.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Sweet Gorilla of Manila whatever shall we do?

1:
Tudiya - This one is really simple. Danal isn't interested in learning how to Rule so it's up to us, as his bestest of friends, to figure it out for him so we can help later. We could totally be the power behind the throne.
Barkof - It's time to start learning how to beat some face.
Ephat the Flute Hobo - You know who thinks practicing the flute is important? James Galway, the man with the golden flute and by El we should probably listen to him. We've got a magical flute it's time to learn how to play it right. What's a few apples and pastries?

2:
B - We pray to El, the big guy. We want to be in with the cool crowd, right?

3: B - Still down with the homies.

4:
Smattass the Smiter of Bitches - Really does any more need to be said? We know what we saw when Ishamal came and pulled our bacon out of the fire and we are pretty darn sure who was helping him. Gotta make sure we remember to thank him all the time for being totally awesome.

5:
C - We are both, of course. We have simply become civilized and taught not to walk with our knuckles dragging behind us.

6:
:nws:This song pretty much sums up what it is we need to do.:nws: NWS because of swearing.

Disclaimer: It ain't filthy because it's a sweet song. :colbert:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Damnit you are supposed to bevotingfor Smattas! He's the one who saved us, remember?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Smattas only needs a few more votes. Comeon people, why no love for the badass that saved us?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

LLSix posted:

1. Plan Sogol This is perfect, and I agree that it seems entirely in line with having worked to adjust Danal's attitudes. Also, if we get involved with Naomi there's a chance we'll end up tied to the city and be unable to go exploring. A vote for Plan Sogol is a vote to have cool adventurers instead of being a dad.

2. Ishamal He seems to fill a similar role of helping to dissuade the king of foolishness and should be able to provide some excellent advice on how to let Naomi down gently. I want to go with B too; our best bud Tudiya deserves to hear from us about the situation and how we resolved it.

This is very much in line with what I was going to say so yeah... lets go with this.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We should learn to fight with the flute.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SerSpook posted:

I suppose a Bard could be thought of as a combination Paladin and Rogue, what with the buffs and tales of valor and heroism, while still picking pockets, fighting dirty when necessary, and so forth.

Something more along the lines of this or this.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Basscop posted:

E: Just like B but guard Danal as we can.

Operation Guard Danal

Did I Just agree with Basscop about something?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Y

Sogol posted:

A. Caught up in the moment,

But recovering:

F say: I cannot stop you from going, but I promised your father so I cannot go. I ask that you stay here with me as a friend. I know it is hard. It is hard for me too, but I ask this of you as a brother and a friend. What say you?

And look to see if anything else is occurring at the edges of the field and other directions.
Yeah we need to stay here and appeal to Danal's sense of friendship.

Also we need to get some minotaur meat to chow on.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Guys, how about we make a cool gift to Tudiya? Grab a bunch of banners and hang them in the house! I bet he'd really enjoy that and Danal could help and it would make a cool gift to his dad.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Plan Ser Spook because we need to win.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SerSpook posted:

We are one of the Long-eared then, dread slayers of feasts, wine, and girl's hearts. I wish to say this in response to Ishamal's comment.

SerSpook has an open conduit into my mind.