Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

B!

I like the idea of playing a woman, but only if we live in a society where we would actually have the ability to haven some impact. So..... Probably should be a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

I'd also vote for a return to GBS, if the mods care at all about our opinions.

I never would have found the first game here, and wouldn't have found THIS one if it wasn't linked in the MadGod thread.

As for the girl thing, I am aware of many historical/biblical women who made a difference, I was just saying that with no knowledge of the setting yet I didn't know if that could be the case.

Name one influential woman from the last game... Except Amytis (or, arguably, Beaky!)

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

SerSpook posted:

The female voices in Denziroh's head

Of which I was one!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

HiHo ChiRho posted:

D, we still need to find Basscop!

D, inspired by Happy Dolphin Party!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

NO YOU SHUT UP DAD!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

This thread makes me yearn for an alert when the OP updates. Someone be a peach and tell me I'm a moron and the feature already exists?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Pochoclo posted:

G. "Save Jalitha!" while pointing

This!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

C Try to be brave for Jalitha. It won't hurt her and if it makes dad stop hurting her then do what he says. Be stoic.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

JT Jag posted:

1:

B. Uncle Jorah - An invaluable rolemodel, we spend as much time with him as possible.
H. Alone, swimming in the ocean - Drowning was a life-changing experience for us. We keep coming back, trying to figure out what it means.
A. Father - We're being groomed for succession. We have little choice but to spend time with him.
D. Mom - She's mom. We spend time with her, and enjoy it. For the most part, she replaces the role Jalitha played when we were an infant.
F. Alone along the beach - Fascination with the beach goes hand-in-hand along with fascination with the ocean.
E. Jalitha - We inevitably spend time with Jalitha when around Uncle Jorah. I imagine Father tries to keep us away from her for a long time after the incident, but we bond with her once again, after the thing mentioned in question two.
C. Uncle Pagam - I just don't consider it feasable for us to spend much time with Uncle Pagam after spending so much time learning the inner mysteries of the faith and swimming.
G. Alone in the forest - Nor do I see us really being very fascinated by the forest at all.

2:

L. Yes, to both Ashera and the gods of your people, alongside Jalitha's the sky giant, you believe in them both - Of course we believe in Ashera. Everyone believes in Ashera. And yet Jalitha has impacted our lives in a fascinating way. We definitely don't believe in her god to the same extent as Ashera--- after all, we are the next high priest of Ashera, and our faith in Ashera's predominance is unshakeable. Perhaps we think that her god and our god are the same one, just being spoken of in different ways. We pray to both, but Ashera gets the majority of the offerings.

Good answers. I vote with the above.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

the_steve posted:

1. No - I'm pretty sure that if he weren't our real father, he'd have cast us out or exiled us or otherwise NOT let us live in his house and whatnot.

2. Yes - He'll probably just tell us we imagined it, but hey, mebbe we'll learn some snippet of lore.

This - Don't ask if he is our Dad, but DO ask him about the voice we heard.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Ask Dad if Big Fish created all of the peoples in the world, including Jalitha's people. If not, who made the others?

Why don't we cut our hair?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

EVG posted:

Ask Dad if Big Fish created all of the peoples in the world, including Jalitha's people. If not, who made the others?

Why don't we cut our hair?

Did my questions get missed, or did I missed where they were answered?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Yes on prioritizing, however I would like to take time away from playing alone and hanging out with Jalitha. I think fishing with Jorah and hanging out with the other uncle are important too. With no friends, we need to learn how to behave from our father and uncles - instead of being antisocial. We love Jalitha, but her filling our head with weird tales takes time away from learning about our Gods.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Not C - I don't think we know the language well enough, and would gently caress poo poo up if we tried.

QUESTION! Diogenes, can we do an alternate choice and Suggest to Dad that we make Jalitha translate?

(Also still wondering why my questions were skipped earlier... )

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

I don't know where you are getting the idea that Dad raped Jalitha from. If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong!) we were born 6 months after Jalitha arrived. That means that we are either own mother & fathers son, or Jalitha's son she was pregnant with when she arrived.

The latter makes more sense because again, I think I remember it saying that Jalitha wetnursed us. Women don't just make milk on command, they need to be pregnant/have a baby to make that happen.

I'm on my phone and can't fact check Diog's posts now, but with my belief that she is our mother I will Vote A with the caveat that I beg for the village (or at lease mom and the uncles) be spared the wrath of these strangers.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

maxhush posted:

Jorahs coming to get us - The outsiders have killed his brother; A priest of Asherah, stolen his son and taken Asherah's tooth, their most holy relic. The great hunger will guide them to us. Pagams going to go Predator on these demons from the North.

Say;

El is the king of the sky giants. He and his giants send lightning to punish evil people and monsters. My Dad shot lightning at you.

Yeah, why not? Vote: this!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Rahul posted:

Maybe we could modify it a bit to be slightly less inflammatory? While I guess that was the point, that was a pretty blatant hint that maybe our current plan isn't an entirely bright idea.

If we are gonna go this route, maybe this would be slightly better:
quote:

El is the king of the sky giants. He and his giants send lightning to punish evil people and monsters. But didn't my Dad shoot lightning at you?
[Then burst into tears]
Basically, instead of being a smarmy rear end in a top hat, we are instead a confused, traumatized 11 year old trying to make sense of what just happened.

I know it's not as sassy and amusing as the original, but it's slightly less likely to get us killed, too

Change my vote from Maxhush to this.

I had read the previous as confused little boy, not sassy, insolent smart mouth.

But if the votes end up going with it anyways, maybe the king will admire our feisty spirit? [/hope]

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Theglavwen posted:

D: I wish now we'd asked what the importance of the hair was, but we had it drilled in pretty hard that hair cutting = bad, I think we'd be hanging on to that impression for at least a while. Don't freak out or anything, but object to it.

Names never seemed terribly important though, so whatever, don't upset the frightening magic man any more than necessary. We can always change it back later if it sucks.

I DID ask. TWICE. But my questions were missed or ignored.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Option 1: hug her and apologize "I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't think before I asked- I didn't mean to upset you. We are safe now and no one will get eaten. Right?"

Also, A for the previous question. Let him cut our hair and rename us... But still withhold judgement, we are still really unsure about everything deep down. No grovelling.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Eryxias posted:

A friend!

2. +
The king can give us a lot of insight, and the kid can probably teach us a lot of things the adults take for granted, or may want to keep secret. Kids will tell us everything they know.

SAME!

I want a friend.

And if we get a chance, ask the ling about the magic understandy voicey thingo.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Lets ask Danal some questions, and see if Mom will translate for us.

What's it like in the city?

What do you do for fun?

Tell me about your family?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Althair posted:

Wait to name the puppy until we've met it.

Yes, Wait... but if this vote loses, go with Pagah

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Diogines posted:

Tudiya speaks. "El cannot be made into any graven image or sign. He is perfect, eternal and beyond our ability to comprehend."

You ask. He answers. Your mother translates. "Whatever the King wills."

Minivote: Do you ask this?

Yes, but:

"My fath-" (pause) ...the man from the village knew how to read messages from the sea. Will I learn... Etc.

EVG fucked around with this message at May 31, 2013 around 17:51

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Please, not beaky. Barky if you must, but not Beaky.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Pray to El and Asherah as we've always done.

And I, Danal is our new besty.

EVG fucked around with this message at Jun 4, 2013 around 12:04

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

EVG posted:

Pray to El and Asherah as we've always done.

And I, Danal is our new besty.

In case it wasn't clear, I meant J above, not I.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Diogines posted:

OPTION A - Are going to be a hero just like Enkidu from your mother's stories! Grab the spear and head off with your new best friend to ADVENTURE!

A: It's ADVENTURE TIME!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Well instead of working I decided to count up some votes! Wheee - I'm CONTRIBUTING!

Let me know if I got you wrong or don't know how to count.

quote:

OPTION A - Are going to be a hero just like Enkidu from your mother's stories! Grab the spear and head off with your new best friend to ADVENTURE!
24 Votes MINUS 7 "Not A" Votes = 17
Zybourne Clock
Nettle Soup
EVG
Globofglob
Paradox Personified
Brian Moser
Deadmeat5150
Schizotek
Greaseman
A RICH WHITE MAN
Jewcoon
maxhush
UppaTree
falcon2424
California Expat
HardDisk
Crudus
BeefSupreme
Outrail
Squiggly
Flame112
paragon1
dog kisser
Greggster

NOT A
Sogol
andrew smash
Vernii
Task Manager
Callipygian Weasel
Watuhboy
Algid

OPTION B - Think this is a terrible idea but you don't want to let Danal down, so you grab the spear and go.
4 Votes
the_steve
Theparker
Piedmon Sama
RandomPauI

OPTION C - Think this is a terrible idea but you don't want to let Danal get hurt and are afraid he will go alone without you, so you grab the spear and go.
9 Votes
Grognan
Obscil
Daned

dyzzy + pray to El for protection
Kira Akashiya
Grizzwold
Natalie Fartman
toxic8aker

Vavrek + Pray to El

OPTION D - Have been served up a chance to avenge your father on a silver platter. It is the middle of the night. You will sneak out with Danal and sacrafice him to Asherah then sneak back into your tent and pretend you never left. No one will know it was you, if they even find Danal at all.
6 Votes
Kristopher
XOXO
A Darker Porpoise
Tsyni
The Bad Llama
rex monday

OPTION E - Shake your head, point to his tent and refuse.
Zero Votes

OPTION F - Pretend to agree but then make a noise by "accident" to wake an adult and get you caught. Ideally they will just think you are talking and you won't get in trouble. You will hope Danal does not realize what you did because he is a little kid.
12 Votes
Althair
SerSpook + If we go into the forest, we must pray to El
HiHo ChiRho
Mexican Deathgasm + I would like to add praying to El to my vote.
GoneWithTheTornado + We should at least pray to El before we start.
Canuck-Errant
Pththya-lyi
Eryxias

Snow Job
baby picture - ""Trip"" over someone while yelling ""Owwwww."" Take care not to land on something sharp and bronze. "
Pochoclo
Beef-Stew

OPTION G - Intentionally and obviously wake an adult - who?
10 Votes, 1 for Mom, 7 for Barkof, 2 for ?
FoxTerrier - Barkof
Genpei Turtle - Barkof
Mr. Wednesday - Barkof
Saturday Mornings - Barkof
oxford_town - Barkof
Deadly Ham Sandwich - Barkof
Walrusmaster - Barkof
DarkCrawler - MOM! MOOOOOM!
Lanky Coconut Tree - Tell Danal to stay here. We go grab the spear. Then we come back and pass it to Danal. On the way out, we trip and accidentally kick the sleeping man.
Vagon - Tell Danal to stay here. We go grab the spear. Then we come back and pass it to Danal. On the way out, we trip and accidentally kick the sleeping man.

OPTION H - Go back to your tent and say nothing.
One Vote
Xun

OPTION I - Say something to Danal. Specify what. Keep it short and simple, if you are lucky, I will translate it into very broken English but you may not be able to say anything at all. Your vocabulary is very limited.
No Votes

OPTION J - Something else. Write in.
6 Votes
Theglavwen - Indicate that the forest seems dangerous and point back to Danal's tent, but if he insists upon going even without us, accidentally wake someone
OhYo - (E: First and foremost: Pray to El for protection.)
Think this is a terrible idea but take the spear (E: give Danal the spear and go) into the forest to see what you can see. Keep Danal 10 paces BEHIND you."

Tudhalias - Shake our head, and pile two things on top of each other. Any two things that come to hand-- a rock and a leaf, a fuzzy-monster turd and a piece of bark, anything. If nothing comes to hand, just scoop up some dirt and shape it into a little hill.
Point at the awesome-cool tower of two things and say ""Baitel!""
Then, a foot or so away, pile another tower of any two things. Point at our second tower and say ""Zelpah!"" Continue piling things on Zelpah. Build Zelpah higher! Ours will be the highest, rockingest Zelpah ever! Better than the real Zelpah, because ours has more moss we scooped off the forest floor! WOW I SURE HOPE DANAL DOESN'T BUILD BAITEL HIGHER THAN ZELPAH!
Motion for him to join in. It is too late for spear tag, but it's never too late to play Legos! "

Random Idiot - J, as a variation on A where we pretend to be Asherah, hunting to satisfy his great hunger.
Slaan - J, OMNOMNOMNOM
Basscop - R for REPUBLICAN PARTY! (You are a fish now, Basscop. Go be a fish.)

EVG fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2013 around 16:07

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

OPTION C. Filled with wonder. You are in a forest similar yet different from where you were born and the symphony of night is strange and fascinating.
OPTION A. Right next to you, close, so you don't get separated.
OPTION A. You want to find a monster and kill it, just like from the stories!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

F, I.

Try to calm Danal and pray to El for guidance.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Changing my Vote from "F", "I" to "I, I"

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Actually going anywhere seems like a bad idea that will get us lost some more. Danal is pretty calm, and yelling seems like it could go either way.

Option O, we'll take Danal up a tree with us to keep us safe from any wildlife. While we're up there, look around for any clues as to where we are. There's a campfire burning and it should be pretty visible provided we didn't wander THAT far off.

Also Yes to the No votes.

This is my vote too.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

NO do not ask the Joke.

C - Adventure with Danal!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

OPTION A: Yes! I grab a spear from the back of one of the donkeys!

OPTION E: You have never had a friend in your entire life, till Danal. Yet he has quickly accepted you and befriended like no other person you have ever met in your entire life, has. He is an innocent child. You will protect him. You stand in front of him, to protect him from harm.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Can we pray to multiple entities?

I'd like to...

DROP THE drat HUNGERING TOOTH
And
Pray: Smis and Ninveh! Smattas and Marnas (sp?)! Please help me and save my friends!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

It's been a long, hard, confusing, scary day.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

HiHo ChiRho posted:

B. HOLD THE GAIT.

As a gate holder to the very end last game, I SO want to vote this. But, I want to... I don't think I can.... vote=C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

H

«2 »