Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Going with D. I know the odds are slim, but maybe there will be chances for piracy along this path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Help us, uncle!

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
H. I changed my mind about this village, so let's get exiled from it.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
I'm not sure calling attention to Jalitha is the best plan right now, but I really can't think of anything better. D.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
E. We just decided to start being more serious about this Asherah thing, and we just saw a man strike down a priest of Asherah. Vengeance is the only reasonable course of action.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

maxhush posted:

Jorahs coming to get us - The outsiders have killed his brother; A priest of Asherah, stolen his son and taken Asherah's tooth, their most holy relic. The great hunger will guide them to us. Pagams going to go Predator on these demons from the North.

Say;

El is the king of the sky giants. He and his giants send lightning to punish evil people and monsters. My Dad shot lightning at you.

:colbert:

Count another vote for this.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Man, to hell with the lot of you. Still Og, still have long hair, still loyal to Asherah. E!

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
1.C. Don't be a pushover guys. Let's not give horsey rides to this strange kid.
2.A and D. Want to talk to the servant, see what ordinary, non-king people are like in this new, awful society.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
F and M
I can tolerate those of you who pick something other than F, but all who have forsaken our father and our god will pay!:black101:

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
:mad: You guys just made the son of our father's murderer our BFF. D! King Butt killed our father. We'll kill his son. This is something that distantly resembles justice.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Voting:

STAB HIM WITH THE TOOTH! ASHERAH HUNGERS!

I am going to interpret this as your agreement with the DBF plan.

Praise Asherah, a man with some sense! Count another vote for D,B,F.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
J+R. With any luck, the form Ashera's intervention will take will be people from Fish Town finding us.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Enough faffing about. Asherah is not a kind god, he demands offerings. Give him our blood that he might show us the way. R!
Also, Yes to the no votes.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
E,K then start running away.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
P and L. I think Snarls understands this situation far better than us. He is a very clever dog, after all.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Tell Tudiya about the sandals, if he thinks they count as cheating, give them up.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
H. I was all for adventurer or hunter until the thread reminded me of Narod. That will be us, one day.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

FoxTerrier posted:

Eh alright then; based on that and other info, changing to from Hunter with MM Aspirations to Hunter with Aspirations of Adventurer. So D with a dash of A I guess?

Merchant just doesn't seem like a reliable way to make money now. Later on in life we can take poo poo on adventures and earn some bank, but we just don't have the skills to do that atm. We have basic math and have drawn up a contract once, but that's about it. Do we even know what economics or trade routes are? We've never traded or handled valuables in a practical way that I know of, and if coins exist I don't think we've ever come across them.

Diog: Do we have any experience purchasing/bartering items for ourself or the household?

Plus, there's the whole issue of surviving on the road when our wilderness skills and hunting are poo poo.

And oh yeah, the merchants may love us if we become a success, but for now they still really hate us and I doubt anyone is going to want to help teach us jack poo poo about trading. We've already gotten above our raising to them, are they really going to give us a helping hand dabbling in their territory? Unlikely.

(Plus, come on, do we really want to hang out with those jackasses?)

So yeah. Learn to hunt now. Make enough bank to get by. Maybe bag the occasional monster-lite while we're at it. Then use those skills to either survive while we go merchanting, or adventuring, or mighty manning, or whatever later in life. But get awesome at hunting now. :sun:

Fox has a good point, maybe. We don't have the skills to be a merchant yet.

Question for Diog, Do we know if there are apprenticeships in Zepath? If there are, will we be apprenticed to a merchant before beginning our career?

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
No to the temple, and A for the main vote. We just got a short-cut on the road to being an adventurer. Not bad.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Man, you fuckers just killed our dog. Perhaps B has a small chance of saving him, but I wouldn't count on it.

You jerks :(

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Holy poo poo! We didn't kill our dog!

1. A and D
2. H
3. Q
4. T
5. U

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
B.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
1. E
2. G:
Kinda want to see if we can make any connections in another town. Being a merchant-adventurer still really appeals to me.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Voting A. We are not some master of the bow, we can hardly keep track of how fast Aaron is moving, we are probably just as likely to hit Aaron as we are to hit the monster. Sit this one out for now, and don't get Aaron killed.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
1.A Time to start building up a fortune so we can take care of mom and Naiomi.
2.F Of course, we won't have to take care of Naiomi if we don't get those foreskins. We really need to pick up the pace here.
3.M Do we know if sons of Mighty Men are always Mighty Men? Also, unrelated, but can being a Mighty Man skip a generation?
4.T Danal seems to resent, we need to build our relationship back up with him.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
C and H.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Well, SerSpook's silver tongue has won me over.E

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Plan JT Jag, with FoxTerrier's modifications.

Well. That scene went to hell fast.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
D is for Danal, who is going to be SO impressed when we save him.
I changed my vote, sorry for the inconvenience.

Kristopher fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 22, 2013

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

dyzzy posted:

Well seeing the map kinda changes my thinking. He's close enough that I'm changing my vote from D to F, then D

Well, If we can keep our friends and brother close, why not? Switching my vote to this!

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

my dad posted:

Yell "FOLLOW ME!" followed by "ELELELELELELELELELEL"

B+C - Get to the foreign adventurers. Once we have someone to take the heat off us, we can start using our bow. (so, H - later) Killing Bareen's adventurer who is close to Danal is our top priority - He might kill Danal if he realizes the battle is lost.

If (and only if) you see Bareen completely focused on Tudya, shoot her in the back.

This seems like a sound plan. Another vote for my dad's plan.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
MQS. We should attack the root of the problem. With an extreme amount of luck, we may be able to take her down and stun or frighten her followers into surrendering. Also, we really need to put an end to her magic or whatever it is.

Hell, even wounding her could cause a retreat.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Since the Snarls issue is a tie, I'm casting a vote for him to join us at the temple.
If Diog will accept it, of course.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
I,N,P,S

Fox makes a great point. With the city as riled up as it is, there may be some vigilantism if they don't see at least the killers among the heretics die. Which, in turn, would force Tudiya to mete out justice to them, and the last few days have been hard enough on him.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Eat exactly one pebble.

I am so, so sorry, Fox.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
A, C, G, and K.
Try and kill the condemned as quickly and mercifully as possible.

Also, if possible, try and join Tudiya in cloistering ourselves.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
I, because it is the least lethal of the options that are actually likely to hit. We're never gonna make that hand-shot, and while hilarious, a shot to the junk makes us look like sociopaths. Save it for the wilderness, I'm sure there are plenty of minotaurs still capable of reproducing out there.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Diogines posted:

The odds you will miss any part of this man are tiny. What do you shoot? Fill in.

Shoot the knife

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
H. Ask Ishamal if he can see the boy.
If the answer is yes, A, assuming Ishamal's answer indicated that the boy is not something supernatural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
C.

If the kid is supernatural and doesn't want to talk to us, I doubt we'll be talking to him regardless of how much of a spaz we make ourselves out to be. Nudge Ishamal and point out the kid real quick before we start to tail him,though.