Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I've never posted in the thread before, but I just wanted to say I've been following this since the end of the previous saga and have loved every second of it. Thank you, Diogines, for your consistently entertaining and well written CYOA, they have brought me so much joy.

That said, since I am here now I might as well vote, so Plan Sogol because I find the idea of a sacrificial conveyor belt hilarious and it seems like the best shot we have at winning this seemingly impossible fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Did we see any trace of the demon-tent when we scouted out the enemy camp? If not, keep an eye out for it next time. Hopefully whatever it was, was wiped out in the Elbomb explosion.
Perhaps take some time to feel out for presences, or see what else our acute senses can pick up.

Digging pit-traps is probably the best use of our time for the next day, but we should try to come at them from another direction if it's feasible. Keep them guessing as to our numbers and whereabouts.

H

Also, think yous-a-good-boy at Snarls, and if we make any more sacrifices dedicate them to the nameless person in our group who died.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Why do we always experiment with pushing ourselves past the limit of mortal ability at the worst possible times? We have children to save! Anyway the pain is probably from our regenerating finger impacting our stitched on dead finger, or I suppose our dead finger is coming back to life and our soul is on fire for performing necromancy (again).

But we are Heroes and the children still aren't safe. We need everybody to stop fighting for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that we thrive on group cohesion. Every single one of our friends are ineffably important to us. We are linked and stronger for it.

D

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't the simplest solution to the problem of the Norcs having gear we don't be to simply state they stole it to begin with? Clearly, no art has come to mankind except through the infinite wisdom of El through his chosen agent of Labaras. Alas, mankind has grown lax since the time He Walked Amongst Us, and so we have forgotten. To even suggest the Norcs came up with it themselves is blasphemous, of course they didn't. They took the knowledge of how to craft not-iron from human smiths, probably from one of those weak-willed cities in the centre ring of civilisation in some raid. As for why we don't have it in awesome faithful Zepath, well, not-iron isn't really plentiful here? That is the whole point of trading with the inner cities; they have raw materials we do not. Like how we bought Marble on our trip back home from Baitel.

We should of course check the not-iron with the temple before we do anything, I suppose demonic magic could have influenced the crafting of it but it didn't really seem supernaturally strong? Just better than bronze. And as I just mentioned, the Bnaimokt coming up with the art of iron-crafting themselves is nonsense.

Thus the name Steal is perfect for the metal. It is something the Bnaimokt stole from us and now we are taking it back. The Art of how to craft it, as taught by Labaras, will surely come back to us in visions to our Mighty Smiths as soon as we through our Great Faith take the fight back to those Vile Demons and reclaim the territory lost under Fares shadow. Until then, we reclaim it and outfit ourselves with it, that even the least of us might through the grace of El smite many foes.

As for the speech, I vote D: Laud the achievements of our group, but especially those the members who died, telling great tales of the many centipede-demons, Minotaurs and Bnaimokt they slew and how they personally saved us. Extra glory to Uriah to keep group cohesion, to Paebel for his sacrifices and Hiddai in recognition of his freedom.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Here is another vote for A. The last month or so has been very hectic and filled with glorious battle. We need time to consolidate and ask thousands of question to anyone that gets within earshot. We need trophies for our trophy-room, parties for our men and quality time with our family. We also have a few statues to commission.

Multi-year plans can come later, for now we need information.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
1)
F.
Our home should have a garden in which a statue for every fallen member of our group will be displayed. In the centre, a masterpiece honouring our collective glory. Spare no expense.

2)
J+K.
There are a lot of interesting combinations here, especially plan "Doctors Disrespecting Borders", but having one combat medic and one skilled physician seems like the best realistic option.

3)
A
Our training is paramount.

4)
O+R
But so is fighting monsters and keeping the demon armies at bay. Field-training is also the best way to apply our Ishamal-sessions to real-life scenarios.

5)
Spend time with our family, especially our children. Teach them everything we know.
Hang out with friends and hold more parties.
Spend some time with Tudiya at the kings chair.
Spend some time at the Temple.
Try to find Azzazel, bring a goat and humbleness.

6)
Devote one day out of every week we are home to training with the bow and club.
Attend a Melachim worship in secret
Teach our children everything we know. Including Ruth.
Help the Ibleamites settle down.
Sponsor some new artisans.
Free our slaves. Replace with paid labour.
^- Especially our Slave-cook. Offer her a ride home to Baitel in return for her teaching an apprentice cook. We are going back eventually, right?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
1)
C.
Tournaments are fun! Rig the contest to favour free-thinking well-blooded men, like Eleazar. Our unit needs to be adaptable.

2)
K.
A few more, well-blooded and free thinking if possible.

3)
Q+P.
Have them join our group for practice sessions so they get a feel for fighting in teams. Then tell them being a solo adventurer is suicide and being a member of an adventuring group is merely suicidal. Get a giant, sentient talking dog, and thirty well blooded buddies and come seek me out later.

4)
N/A

5)
B,E,F,G,H,K,L,N,P,Q,R,S,T,W,X,Y,Z,Za,Zb,Zc,Zd,Ze.

6)
B,C,D,H
+A terrible persons father-daughter speech.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
So this guy is wearing magic armour that we know deflects metal, has an assortment of other magical items we know nothing about, has a sword that can throw lightning but is otherwise of regular-human-strength?

Seems to me going at it with any sort of metal on our persons is a bad idea. However, at the same time, our armour is of superior quality and our shield has already tanked a powerword.
Using a regular spear against this guy probably wouldn't work; the tip is metal and would either melt or bounce of his breastplate. What we need is a weapon that does all it's damage by crushing whatever is inside armour no matter how magic it is. I.E. a huge club. Let us use our enormous strength to our advantage.

We should advance upon him with our Mighty Shield, swinging at him with the biggest club we could effectively wield. The altar is tempting, being infused with El-power, but could we actually swing it properly? The option states it would be two-handed and I believe we need that shield. That said, we proved how effective using two shields was in the last big fight we had when we took out that Blighty Norc, so let's try that again.

Maximum defence-offence; F
Try to deflect his lightning attack then crush him into paste or knock him back into his cave with the first blow. Be sure to shout something appropriate, we have an audience to appease!
On the offchance that his armour deflects our shields as well, grab whatever non-metal is at hand and beat him up with that.

Also we should probably inform Jobe or Paebel about our One-Up jar. You know, in case we die or one of those lightning-bolts strays off course.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Well that went poorly. I guess our shield wasn't magic enough after all.

Clearly fighting conventionally is out of the picture.

L Give a shout for El and start invoking our special powers. Invoke Super-Arrow-Time to dodge his lightning attack, then part all the metal in his sword with our water-dirt technique. Or power-word-El Smite him. (For votecount purposes; same vote as the poster above me.)

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
We've closed the distance but he still has that sword. The sword is his only advantage. Thus removing that advantage is our best option and he can't very well zap us if we are holding onto him without also zapping himself. With a non-functioning arm and hampered coordination our best bet is to tackle him and choke him out or punch him into paste.

B+K Rip and Tear. Smash him to bits. Priority: Sword arm.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Whatever happens this has been a wonderful story. I of course hope it continues, thus I am voting Plan Basscop.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Plan ShotgunWillie seems like the best plan at the moment. We need to boost morale and show everyone we are still alive. Perhaps don our gear even if we don't intend to fight.

+1 Shout at Jesbaam
Something like something like "Hey, Jesbaam, turns out the Ophanim do care after all!" "about me!!"
Or well, I'm sure someone will come up with something better. The gist of this vote is to heighten our morale and lower theirs.

I'm also in favour of upgrading Gaddiel to be a member of our group-proper.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I know that and you know that, but does Jesbaam? The last thing he said to us was "Tell the Ophanim we are worth saving." I just figured we could use that, and the fact that he probably didn't count on us to just get back up from him slitting our throat to scare him a bit.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
DD

Regroup, rethink, revenge.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
B(a)

Rest for a four months and in the meantime keep training with Ishmael. Try to get some toughness training as well (perhaps from Aaron or a few of the Mighty Men?) and keep practising with the club. Tell Ishmael, and Tudiya the full story of what happened at the cave and ask them for advice. Go look for Azzazel again. Once our rest is over head south to look for glory! Hopefully it will be an exciting warm up. If we succeed, we should again consider tackling the Orm.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
X to the Faith Question

Ask Indor about the Skull, Jesbaams sword and what we might do to protect ourselves from magic attacks in the future.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
No to babies.

Didn't we have a vote to release the chef-slave before? I'm pretty sure it got a few votes at least. Is there enough interest for another go at releasing our slaves and replacing them with salaried servants? We are certainly rich enough. Also freeing our chefslave and offering to pay/secure her return trip to Baitel if she teaches her eventual replacement.

As for the actual vote...

1: D, Plan Honorific! Also tell him no goat sacrifices.
2: K
3: V,W,Y
Let's expand our horizons, literally! if we are bringing the kids we might as well bring everyone else. The men might grumble at the pace, but there will probably be plenty of action regardless and it is a peerless opportunity for our children to get some hands on experience at monster hunting. Although we'd be sure to keep them out of any real danger obviously. Be sure to actually find somewhere we can test the mettle of our band though, for loot and glory! Sacrifice the best of the hunt to El at our new shrine in the wilderness.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
K + One Aimed Shot Bronze Arrow with arrow time.

Fighting something that can just jump on top of us or spit at us in formation, killing everyone instantly, is a bad idea no matter how spiky we are!
Better to split apart, maintaining cohesion through battle meditation, taking pot shots at it from all sides and spearing it from whatever side it isn't facing.
Encourage Uriah to go for another Vayahi Or! when he can. Get the commoners to focus on the tiny toads whilst our blooded members focus on anything larger and the Mighty Sons on the beast itself.

As for the arrow, try rupturing it's acid sack when it opens its mouth to croak at us. Called shot to the roof of the mouth. Bronzearrow arrowtime should allow us to pull of this ridiculous shot. Let's see how it likes fighting without a throat. Throw our bow back to Gaddiel or whoever else is available after the shot.

Also in favour of naming it Tsunami and the Toadal Waves

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I was doing a vote-count so I had it up, is a vote-count still needed?

quote:

"Rear Rank! Half turn!" You yell out. Half your Balls in the back row turn around. Paebel, Gaddiel and Snarls get further back.

"Uriah! Light the kindling."

"I can't, it's too far!" Uriah tells you.

Affi posted:

Can we light an arrow on fire and set off the kindling that way?[/qoute]

Diogines posted:

Yes. I will assume you soaked a rag in alcohol and tied it around the end of an arrow, in case you didn't want to have Uriah set it off.

You draw an arrow. "Then light this!"

Vayahi Or!

The rag is set aflame. You arc your flaming arrow high and far into the distance. If you did not have vision as fantastic as yours, you would assume you hit one of the many toads pouring out of the cave or missed your mark. With your vision, you see that you did indeed hit the kindling, yet it has been flattened and spread out by the mass of toads and only a small bit of it catches. A few toads burn, the exit to the cave is not blocked, nor do a noteworthy amount of toads burn. You hear a series of splatting sounds and hisses as several of the largest toads spit at your Balls, a sizzling upon their shields where some sort of foul muck burns the surface of them. One of your Balls falls screaming, clutching at his face, it looks like one of the toads got him through his helmet.

You manage to place your bow away and draw your spear and shield again just as the first of the donkey-sized toads slam into your shield-line!

You stab one of the toads through it's chest and the battle is on. They leap into your line and upon it, their jaws sharp sharp and the claws upon their feet long. Yet your Balls are strong as well, heavily armored and experienced. Where they leap upon your Balls from atop, they are caught upon your Balls shields, stabbed and thrown off. Those in front of you are skewered by those in the middle ranks and savage injury done to their bodies by the raw strength of your Mighty Sons! Several of the toads leap over your Balls entirely and land behind you, they are dispatched by those of your Balls who turned to fight, had they not changed direction... this battle may have gone very differently.

The largest of the toads, those large enough to out-pace the swarm of smaller toads lay dead all around your Balls. One who has been badly burned on his face is limping away now, aided by your servant Gaddiel, towards the supply donkeys and slaves. A carpet of smaller toads continues to angrily advance upon your Balls and you hear something... which is almost out of the cave now.

And now you see it in the light of day as it steps out of the cave, or rather as the rock near the exit of the cave is broken as something very large pushes out.

The monster has large teeth several feet long in it's mouth. Otherwise, that picture is accurate and it's size to scale with the rest of the picture, though it is only about half as large as the one in the picture. Look at the figure on the right and then compare it to one of it's claws to get an idea of it's size.

1. Balls!

A. "Stand firm!" Remain still, fight! Try to get a few shots of your bow off at that thing before its close to you! Your Balls have a bonus to their defenses if they remain planted where they are.
B. A., and use a Ball Trance when that thing gets close!
C. A., also, use Arrow-Time to try to hit an eye! You have a fairly good chance to get at least one arrow in an eye before it gets to you(you hope) without Arrow-Time, but with Arrow-Time you are almost certain you can nail it in an eye. [???] is reduced a not at all trivial amount when you use "Arrow-Time".

D. "Balls! Re-Deploy!" Run the hell away so you can try to fight that... thing further away without a swarm of smaller toads fighting you at the same time! Depending on how high that thing can leap... there is a chance it could land atop your Balls as you run. Still, it might do the same thing even if you remain stationary? Using this option means you may not be able to get any shots off with your bow.
E. D., and enter a Ball-Trance.

F. D., above but fight with your bow instead of using a spear and shield. Your Balls will not like this and it will damage morale, yet you hope that hitting the toad in it's vital parts will make up for the damage to your Balls morale.
G. E., and use arrow-time.

H. "CHAAARGE!" Order your Balls to charge! They feel bolder and braver when they charge. This helps with morale. Your Balls, being people who volunteered to become semi-professional monster hunters, are a pretty courageous bunch. They like charging. Using this option means no shots from your bow.
I. H., and use a Ball-Trance.

J. "Balls! Back up and scatter! Mighty Sons, cut it apart, everyone else, get it where you can!" Run the hell away in hopes of escaping the swarm of smaller toads and then spread out so it can't just jump atop your formation. This is how you have fought some giant beasts before, though such battles usually had casualties.
K. J., and also enter a Ball-Trance.
L. J., except order your Mighty Sons to be even more aggressive in hopes of sparing everyone else. This endangers your Mighty Sons.
M. J., except order your Mighty Sons to be more defensive, at the expense of everyone else.

N. J. You have a bunch of young-ish adventurous men who are from Blooded families in your Balls now. You recruited them after Ibleam. They fought each other and many others for a chance to join your Balls and wanted glory, treasure action, none of which you have really given them until now. And if any of them died, you can probably replace them pretty easily, actually! Assuming you have a good story anyway. Your Common Balls are now all very skilled in combat, even if they are not as tough as their Blooded counterparts and they have been with you since the beginning, since your first goblin hunt. Your Mighty Sons are your friends and actually, several of them, relatives? The new Blooded Balls want action? Good. Let them earn their place. Order them to be more aggressive, thus lessening the danger to your Common Balls, who have surely earned your devotion and your Mighty Sons, whose names you actually know!
O. N., except you are not doing it to spare your Mighty Sons and Common Balls. Your Blooded Balls have not seen serious action before, they have not proved themselves and have not faced the same hardship the rest of your Balls have. This is their chance to prove they deserve a place among the Balls of Labaras!

P. J., but you order everyone but your Mighty Sons to just get the hell out of the way. You and your Mighty Sons, with your superior strength and skills will fight it alone. You do this to try to reduce casualties to your Common Balls and Blooded Balls, none of which are as good as your Mighty Sons. Your Mighty Sons of course won't benefit from the aid of everyone else in your group if you do this.

Q. J., but you plan to fight it alone. Everyone else get the El out of the way!
R. J., but you plan to fight it with JUST Uriah to help you. Everyone else, get the El out of the way!

S. Something else. Fill in.

2. (Optional) - Would you like to name the giant toad? If so, fill in.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Plan Kite

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Recent discussion has convinced me to change my vote from Plan Kite to O redeploying. Altough learning more about our powers is tempting, I'd rather not get eaten by toads. Besides, the Giant Toad might regain its senses at any minute and there might still be another giant toad in the cave. Better to get a more defensible position or something.

Also, a question for Diogines: are there any large boulders about? Ones we might conceivably heave to splat toads with? We *are* pretty strong after all!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Send a runner to grab the oil, shoot a few regular arrows at the big toad and in the meantime and redeploy. Once the oil has arrived, engage plan Tree Torch.

So M a combined I+L vote, with a few arrowtime-less shots to conserve power for when we go clubbing.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
2: U
3: D

Eleazar is a good mix of unorthodox thinker and respected leader, plus he has loads of experience fighting monsters and not dying from doing that. Seems to be just what we need.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
C

No need to waste [???] at this range.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
F

When you cant pierce the hide you break the bones. Basic anti-armour strategy! Break its spine and watch it hop flop.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Cornuto posted:

1. You....
D. Did I mention you feel STRONG? You feel STRONG! Grab one of the toads limbs, try to rip it off and beat the toad with it!

...then beat the baby toads to death with their parent's leg. :black101:

+1

No need to waste any more arrows, the kill is ours and we will emphasize the teamwork aspect of the story when we get home anyway as we always do.
Then ask Adina if he can make monster-toad-leather-armour the new uniform for our group.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
1:F
3:I

Let us finish what we came here to do, rid the world of monsters and grow fat wise and rich from loot and glory. By taking back the land and denying it from the demons and monsters, we prepare for years of hardship.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
These are obviously The Ancient Lands of Mess-hop-toad-mania.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 25, 2014

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Isn't Zepaths gate the skull of the dragon Tudiya battled in ages past? let's take a page from dear ol' dad and haul the toadskull back to Zepath and make it the new door to our house.
Make a sled and fill it wit topazes, hides and fangs.

But whilst our servants and children etc are busy working on the sled, let's take a group of adventurous gloryseekers and explore the caverns a bit.

A+B

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
For the B minivote, leave Adina in charge of our servants and children whilst they excavate the topazes and head down into the underdark with our other Blooded and Mighty Sons and Snarls if he is up for it. Have everyone else help build the altar, exterminate lesser toads and start construction of the sled in the meantime. Don't spend too long down there though, a few hours at most. Perhaps a vote after if we havn't found anything interesting by then? We want a small, mobile and strong team for cramped quarters but a sizeable force up top in case anything happens.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Curiosity satisfied, Plan Task Manager.

Maybe we should ask some other people about the Underdark? Perhaps the monster hunters from Baitel know more.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Well well. Loot time!

1: F
What is stopping us from asking everyone? That is basically what Enkidel is all about. Go on a question spree when we get home, Ishmael, Indor, Zebantha, Tudiya, Mom, everyone!

2: Q
3: U
No need to rush, let's take in the sights and fight any other big monsters we find along the way.
Bring as much loot as possible.

4: V
As I said in a previous vote, let's take a page from Tudiyas book and have a giant toad skull door.

5: B, C, F
Try to get one of the legbones for a club. We can't wield superclub yet but bashing damage has proved it's effectiveness against monster whose hide we cant pierce.
Make better spears with the claws and everyone gets a large tooth for their mantle! Go Team!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
If it turns out it isn't magical uranium, would it be possible to turn it into a necklace? Lets find a master-blooded jewelsmith somewhere and do something cool for Naomi for once!
Team True Love represent.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
D Let's go play in the dirt with Snarls and the Gang!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
1: Antidote please. Dispose of the remaining moss.

2 U, Show Zeb first.

Yes to all the Zeb questions

We need to know more about the stone. Can we ask Tudyia about it too?
If Ishamal refuses to let us in, can we go ask one of his buddies at one of the many taverns what is up with him?
Otherwise I guess we will find out tomorrow when/if we start training again.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
In light of what Zebanetha has said, changing my vote of 2: U to 2: N

Going against the grain here I guess but I gotta stick with my plan. Team True Love!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
"Who are you?"
I am Enkidel, Son of Jalitha, son of Tudiya, Son of Ishamal and probably son of someone I do not know. I am a brother a husband and a father. Long ago I was Og, but that time is so remote and so far from what I am today it scarcely crosses my mind. Still, I am the sum of all that has happened and I am forever marked. All my life I have known a vague sense of obligation; To prepare for years of hardship to face a coming storm. But never having known the how or why, I feel for the most part that I have acted to the best of my ability. I have made mistakes, some terrible and sad. But I have striven to make this world a better place for those around me. I admit I have not always listened, but I believe that when I've strayed it was because I did not know.

"What do you wish of this life you have been given?"
To see my friends, my loved ones prosper and grow. I want to travel and experience. To see daily injustices be undone. To be the leader I doubt my worth to be. To live, to learn and to save. I want to be strong for others that are weak, that they might take solace from this Storm.
In short, I want to be a Hero.

The Woman: "And what would you make of it?"
(adapted from LLSix)
I would learn to control myself and my power from my teacher. I hope to learn wisdom from him as well, but that seems unlikely at best. Afterwards, I hope to wander the wide world. I want to see all it has to offer, all it tries to hide. I want to free the people of Athar and all who live under the yoke of demons. I want to save he who hungers from his hunger. I would see men judged by their character and their actions rather than the potency of their father's blood. I would see women free to do as they want, and I would see men happy to greet their wives as equals. I would see the people as equals to each other, with none the others master.

I understand there must be a balance, for men and women to be free. I do not wish to enthral or to enslave, I want only for those alive to prosper and those not to have a safe journey and for myself to help make it so.

I would like to ask;
Is Azzazel alright?
Am I (at risk of) making my friends into thralls?
What causes you to worry the most, what path shall I stop treading?
What do you want of me?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
B
We can still be a leader. We are still ridiculously good shots with our Bow, we still have the strength of 70 men.
We just have slightly fewer options, for now, until our resumed training with Ishamal nets us some El-Sanctioned notmagic.
Although we should probably have a vote on how to proceed with our lives for the next few years soon after this.

Also, ask them to tell Azzazel we are sorry.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
A new theory:

[???] is god-power. As we age and receive worship, god-power increases. Breaking the world causes our god-power to decrease, either due to using up our potential to nullify horrendous consequences or to convince the world to break for us, i.e. burning ourselves up to cause what is essentially magic.

The less we break the world, the more chance/time our god-power has to mature, leading to faster gains, more god-powers and ironically also more potential to break the world.

We are an aberration because we are unlimited-free. Our powers will continue to grow and we are free to use them as we see fit. Melachim are Divine-restricted; omniscient but bound by laws and customs (known as The Balance) put in place by The Creator (El).

The structure of the world is thus:

Power / Freedom
El: Divine / Divine
The various factions of Melachim: Divine / Restricted
Demons: Divine / Restricted
Us: Unlimited / Free
Super-Blooded (Ishamal, Labarabas): Higher-Limited / Restricted
Blooded: Limited / Free

We are especially dangerous since our powers come from two fonts and they will inevitably start feeding eachother. More god-powers will cause more people to worship us getting us higher tiers of god powers faster. Eventually, the powers that be will seek us out before we become a threat to The Balance or to them specifically.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
1: A

2: G

3: L

4: Plan Tomn.

5: Y, as X but arrange a Master Chef contest, hire the winner as a servant and have Sabium train them until the next ride to Baitel leaves from Zepath.

6: Plan Tomn.

Basically, free the slaves we own and pay them wages and backwages for their years of servitude. Convince Lefkandi of Plan Tomn so we can start getting the Emancipation Train rolling without upsetting social order.