Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

FullMetalJacket posted:

the kick in the nuts is that when I arrived in London, all the parts I ordered were here waiting for me :( my sister, whom was in the X3 chase vehicle took a video of it's last moments. I'll post it when I get it off her.

Also, look what I found!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/london/1993-bmw-5-series-wagon/575814228?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Woah I didn't realize you were a London AI'er. Let me know if you want another set of eyes looking at cars. I have a terrible 93' E34 for sale but I think its spoken for by Coldpie. Either way I can tell you what is wrong with that E34 if I take a look.

8ender fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008
cool, how serendipitous! I'll let you know I'm going to check it out.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Pay special attention to the GODDAMN COOLING system. M50's aren't known for killing head gaskets and the fact that the bullet point below head gasket is water pump tells me the car had a grand mal cooling explosion and he let it overheat too much. If ANY part of that cooling system at those kms looks old then its going to need to be replaced.

Thrash the gently caress out of that engine on a test drive to make sure that head gasket job was done right. Also get it up to around 120km/h on the highway if you can. Thats the magic speed for the thrust arms to start jiggling if they're in need of replacement.

ALSO: Its strange that its had a paint job but perhaps he had the classic 5 series door rust and decided to fix it. Pay really special attention to the bottoms of the doors inside and out. Make sure they're not made of bondo.

8ender fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 27, 2014

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008
mmmm, thank you for the info! you're welcome to come along for the shakedown. Send me an email: leon630athotmail.com

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008
Parts Kit, do you want a speedo cable? I have an extra I no longer need and I'd be willing to send it to you.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
I'm visiting my girlfriends family in Stratford this week. Goon meet!

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

FullMetalJacket posted:

Parts Kit, do you want a speedo cable? I have an extra I no longer need and I'd be willing to send it to you.
Sure. I'm in the states though. You can reach me at partskitsa@gmail if that's not a problem.

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 27, 2014

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

FullMetalJacket posted:

mmmm, thank you for the info! you're welcome to come along for the shakedown. Send me an email: leon630athotmail.com

I'm down, email sent. Too bad we couldn't get Sockington down here as well for a rust consultation but he's a couple hours away.

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008
parts, I sent you a msg.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
This turn of events makes me sad.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

FullMetalJacket posted:

parts, I sent you a msg.
Did you get the one I sent to leon630?

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008
nope :S

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008
Got bored with the tools today. Decided to change that:

Also, in between working on airplanes I'll be climbing up these bastards:

repairing bird strikes no doubt...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008
Redemption. Well, as far as beaters go anyways.

Doge approved too!

usual kanukistan scooby problems: burns a bit of oil, the front right cv joint needs a change. knocks alot when turning.

oh, and this stuff

stay tuned :)

• Locked thread