Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

FullMetalJacket posted:

after 4 years of being in and out of school, I landed a temp job doing industrial cleaning that earned me enough money to finish the job, but not as well as i wanted it to be. I was still a proud pappy to be finally driving it, that's for sure!

Waaay back from the OP, but I've got to know what kind of paint you used for this. I've got a beater 87 B2000 I picked up for fun last year and it will need a paint job eventually. This matte black looks pretty slick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Like how long are we talking before it fades?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

FullMetalJacket posted:

lol safety switch

parts, if you do the prep work well^(and you must because it`s satin black) it`ll fade after a year of sun and salt exposure. It still has some lustre, but it`s not top quality paint. seriously, I bought a half gallon for $40 CDN. You really can`t go wrong with it. Then when it does fade, just prep the area, spray again, buff and wax after. it`ll come right back.
Wow, that is fast.

I took a pic today of my 87 B2000 for a curious relative so what the hell might as well show it off here too:

Interior is pretty terrible, needs a really thorough scrubbing and vacuuming then I can start worrying about replacing seat foam and covers. Exterior is ok aside from the top of the cab being really faded and some good sized dents in the bed/tailgate area. Rear step bumper is crooked, maybe a previous owner was really really fat. I'm still debating what to paint it with, black might be the lazy solution since that's what this dark blue truck is registered as :xd: but I'd really like coyote tan or a dark khaki.

Bought it for $1100 back on thanksgiving day last year and I think with the misc stuff I'm probably around $2k in it. Though a good chunk of that is getting proper tools and such; what was really necessary parts-wise was the clutch hydraulics, brake master cylinder, and thermostat. Ball joints are next on the major stuff list, though before that I need to drain/fill the differential and transmission.

It's fun as poo poo to drive around in.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Thanks! The air springs are a neat idea, but how much weight are you putting on it to need them?

A guy in the area's tan B2200 was spotted on the side of the road tonight coming home from work. :(

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Aw man. :911:

I am tractor painting mine. Slowly, but it is getting done.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

FullMetalJacket posted:

Parts Kit, do you want a speedo cable? I have an extra I no longer need and I'd be willing to send it to you.
Sure. I'm in the states though. You can reach me at partskitsa@gmail if that's not a problem.

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

FullMetalJacket posted:

parts, I sent you a msg.
Did you get the one I sent to leon630?

• Locked thread