Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HmmmWhat
Apr 10, 2013

Umph posted:

Can anyone help me with Hatreds tits please? I don't understand. He didn't have them when he left to take Tinyfoot home in PROM, had them the next morning presumably after a short walk to her house.

My pet theory is that after all the fat comments Hatred started taking steroids or something, as he seems to be getting less tubby throughout the episode, and they've resulted in what the Fight Club writers called "bitchtits."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sash! posted:

Squidbillies rules because its the only show making elaborate college football jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6Sw26gUQo
This is my ringtone

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Williams Street is in Georgia, Astro Base Go is in Manhattan somewhere.

Also, I just got that Hunter telling Treister not to kill himself and shoot out of a cannon is exactly what Hunter S. Thompson did.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I wonder why AstroBase is in Manhattan. If they're having money troubles, having an office there doesn't seem like the best plan.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Bloodnose posted:

I wonder why AstroBase is in Manhattan. If they're having money troubles, having an office there doesn't seem like the best plan.

The AstroBase is in Manhattan because that's where Doc and Jackson are. There is a tour of the AstroBase on one of the extras of an early season. It's probably not as posh as you're expecting.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Hey this is untested but what's that show that's animated like frisky dingo that people have avatars of?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Umph posted:

Hey this is untested but what's that show that's animated like frisky dingo that people have avatars of?

Archer, one of the greatest animated shows of all time that's been out for years and airs on FX.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

Archer, one of the greatest animated shows of all time that's been out for years and airs on FX.

Thanks man I've been wanting to watch that.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Reset Smith posted:

I thought he mutated them from exposure to the radiation from the Paleoman Project?
Nah, you can see them before the project begins. The authors just made us believe for a little while that it came from the radiations, but it is in fact unrelated.

Slo-Tek posted:

I kinda figured she was aggressively boring, to gently caress with the people who wanted that other boring chick to come back.
What other boring chick, and I thought Thalia was entertaining.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

X_Toad posted:

Nah, you can see them before the project begins. The authors just made us believe for a little while that it came from the radiations, but it is in fact unrelated.

What other boring chick, and I thought Thalia was entertaining.

Kim was a friend of Trianna's who vanished after a couple of appearances in Season 2, and Doc and Jackson got sick of being asked about her so they had Trianna mention in the Season 4 finale that she was living in Florida and all preppy now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I figured Hatred's boobs are an unintended side-effect of the cocktail of hormones and chemicals the OSI was using to suppress his pedophilic tendencies.

Or perhaps the lack thereof, if he's off the drugs now.

EDIT: Just bought Archer on DVD. I gotta say, after watching the unaired pilot, the original actor they had playing Sterling was just way better than H. Jon Benjamin.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 7, 2013

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Umph posted:

Thanks man I've been wanting to watch that.
It has a similar sense of humor/aesthetic and the first two seasons are on Netflix. It made the wait between seasons for Venture Bros a LOT less painful.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Phylodox posted:

EDIT: Just bought Archer on DVD. I gotta say, after watching the unaired pilot, the original actor they had playing Sterling was just way better than H. Jon Benjamin.

I'm not surprised they replaced him, though. Dude is a Capital-A rear end in a top hat.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Umph posted:

Can anyone help me with Hatreds tits please? I don't understand. He didn't have them when he left to take Tinyfoot home in PROM, had them the next morning presumably after a short walk to her house.

So, I'm theorizing it's the side effect of medication:

- Possible side effect of psychiatric medication, that he started being more regular with once he thought he'd get Tinyfeet back.
- Possible side effect of steroid abuse, since he's aging, but wants to keep his job.
- Some random poo poo he got from Rusty/the Pirate/21/Billy that might be explained later.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

GD_American posted:

I'm not surprised they replaced him, though. Dude is a Capital-A rear end in a top hat.

I never knew there was ever a different guy slated to play Archer. I've only watched it on Netflix, so I've never seen the original pilot.

Was it anyone famous for other things?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

I never knew there was ever a different guy slated to play Archer. I've only watched it on Netflix, so I've never seen the original pilot.

Guy was in Jurassic Park. You'll know it when you hear it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

He seemed a bit too old for the part.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So is Palaemon a reference to anything? Because it's going right over my head if it is.

Several pages old, but in addition to the Greek god allusions it may be a deep nerd reference to the Book of the New Sun. In those books Palaemon is a benevolent teacher to the protagonist. He may also be an alien or otherwise superhuman figure planted to guide the protagonist to his appointed destiny, since causation flows in both directions in that series. I don't see how this applies to Dean, though, since any lessons he learned were wiped out by a heavy dose of rufies. It could be argued (somewhat tenuously) that it is yet another instance of Rusty loving up his son's development by removing his memories of Palaemon, a teaching figure, but we will leave those farcical interpretations to honours students 30 years from now.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not really, but he received raptorous approval for this performance.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Eh, he was two much of a gimmick VA for my tastes.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Taerkar posted:

Eh, he was two much of a gimmick VA for my tastes.

He certainly pulled off the black turtleneck better though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
The first episode of Season 5 is free on iTunes.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Ok, but really.

http://vimeo.com/19237636 Password: archer

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

ultramiraculous posted:

Password: archer
No way. It can't be! Jesus Christ, that is...just babytown frolics.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Comrade Quack posted:

The AstroBase is in Manhattan because that's where Doc and Jackson are. There is a tour of the AstroBase on one of the extras of an early season. It's probably not as posh as you're expecting.
Yes, and for the same money in New Jersey, it probably could be. Or it could be the same size, and they'd have a lot more money.

It doesn't matter. They're in Manhattan because they want to be.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm not even sure the Astrobase should be inhabited space, for safety reasons.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

RandallODim posted:

He certainly pulled off the black turtleneck tactileneck better though.

Fixed

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite

ultramiraculous posted:

Guy was in Jurassic Park. You'll know it when you hear it.

I hate you guys. I was really expecting Jeff Goldblum.

Are any Shirt Club members still waiting for their shipments? It sounds like some people already got theirs, I haven't seen a thing in the post yet.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

LuchadoresDelNixon posted:

Are any Shirt Club members still waiting for their shipments? It sounds like some people already got theirs, I haven't seen a thing in the post yet.

If the overseas shipping is as speedy as it usually is I'll see the shirts in a month or two :v:

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

I haven't gotten a shipping notice. Or seen shirts yet. I ordered Sunday. I don't know how they're handling the printing.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Then why didn't the cure-o-flies make them vanish?

Also, when Doc is using Hatred as the ray shield demonstration, the last thing hits him in the chest (which is already a little bigger on rewatch), and he winces in pain, which predates any radiation exposure.

e: actually, upon reflection, is there any indication the main characters think it was radiation? Gary does, because he's out of the loop, but Hatred's line on revealing them was ''am I going to grow arms out of these too?!'' He doesn't correct the guy when he's being beaten since it's the only thing preventing him from being eaten.

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 8, 2013

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

I imagine each week's shirts will ship after the time period closes. I imagine it would be cheaper for them to ship them all at once than a bit a time.

Mine hasn't shipped but I am not worried about it yet.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The website for the shirt club says to allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.

And the subscription deadline was Friday at midnight, so anyone who wants shirts from now on has to order them individually.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
It took a month to get the shirts last time they had t-shirt club, so I'm not too worried that I haven't recieved my shirts, yet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CoolCab posted:

Also, when Doc is using Hatred as the ray shield demonstration, the last thing hits him in the chest (which is already a little bigger on rewatch), and he winces in pain, which predates any radiation exposure.

e: actually, upon reflection, is there any indication the main characters think it was radiation? Gary does, because he's out of the loop, but Hatred's line on revealing them was ''am I going to grow arms out of these too?!'' He doesn't correct the guy when he's being beaten since it's the only thing preventing him from being eaten.

There's also some foreshadowing when Gary rags on him for having larger manboobs that he does and Hatred chalks it up to getting older. You can already see him getting them then.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

theflyingexecutive posted:

Also, I just got that Hunter telling Treister not to kill himself and shoot out of a cannon is exactly what Hunter S. Thompson did.

Holy crap I just got that and can't believe I missed it.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Comrade Quack posted:

Years ago, probably between seasons 1 and 2, I was doing some IT work in a construction company's temporary field office in Manhattan. On the way in, I noticed Astrobase Go was one of the other tenants in the building.

The elevator was one of the more frightening ones I've been on, the walls and floors didn't seem to meet up at quite the right angles, and there were tacked up wires and patched areas on every surface.

The office I was in was on a different floor, so I didn't see it. But if it was like the rest of the building, it was probably about the lowest rent you could get in Manhattan.

M_E_G. ADI. K
Dec 11, 2006

OGS-Remix posted:

Well Dean still felt empowered enough to tell the Outrider to go gently caress himself. That's kind of a win right? :unsmith:

Gary could be fine as SPHINX Commander. It certainly seems he's over being a henchman considering how he brushed off the Monarch who was even asking about GoT, which probably would have piqued his interest in any other situation.

I dunno how over henching he is; SPHINX commander has got to have better uses for his time then perimeter patrol.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

M_E_G. ADI. K posted:

I dunno how over henching he is; SPHINX commander has got to have better uses for his time then perimeter patrol.

He hasn't gotten the brainwave to start recruiting yet. He's still in 'useful cog'/henchman mode.

Knowing Gary, though - he'd probably recruit at local Ren Faires and comic conventions. I can see it now:

"Dude, who smells like poo poo?" *sniffs everybody* "You! Recruit Roose Bolton, why do you smell like poo poo?"

"My mom hasn't done my laundry this week, sir!"

"Y...*facepalms*...UNACCEPTABLE! From now on you're to be known as Recruit Reek!"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

M_E_G. ADI. K posted:

21 has trouble being his own boss. He was a killer number 2 but he lacks the vision and drive of the Monarch.

Something just hit me : the Monarch has trouble getting over 21 quitting because he was his best man and also a friend, but also because the Monarch thinks that 21 is working for Rusty. And the thought of having his best man going over to Rusty's side is unacceptable to him, he doesn't realise that S.P.H.I.N.X is not under the control of the Ventures.