Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
Hey guess what, nobody cares who would win in a crazy, fantasy fistfight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

smidgeonnn posted:

Hey guess what, nobody cares who would win in a crazy, fantasy fistfight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden.

You are totally underestimating the never say die scrappiness of a survivor!

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I'm giving your robot chlamydia.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

smidgeonnn posted:

This is a good one

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AlternateNu posted:

"Ogo...pogo! *glare* Plesiosaur!"

also from Twenty Years to Midnight when Rusty wakes up from that dream.
"Oh god. I thought I stopped having those dreams."
"ThAT WaS A WeIRd ONe!"
"Oh great. It can read my mind!"
"IGNORE ME!"

"yes I can"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
"Are these they?"

"NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT!"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

DoctorWhat posted:

"Are these they?"

I totally thought you were gonna say "lock n load!"

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Sataere posted:

I totally thought you were gonna say "lock n load!"

THE NIGHT IS STILL YOUNG!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

"Are these they?"

Ever since hearing that line, I do talk like that.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ohtsam posted:

THE NIGHT IS STILL YOUNG!

You're mad, sir! It can't be done without a trampoline!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Arm_Fruit posted:

Ever since hearing that line, I do talk like that.

I fake correct people all the time but nobody gets the reference.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All right... whose job was it to feed the butterflies?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite is "Brock, when you head to the store, I'm all out of condom, would you grab me another?" Or something, like he thinks they come as singles.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

https://youtu.be/Gj6r0Vi4-Bk

This video came up randomly the other day and god I forgot how great Red Death scaring the poo poo out of Monarch is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, that sucked!

That sounds so good coming out of 24.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

FAT BATMAN posted:

This video came up randomly the other day and god I forgot how great Red Death scaring the poo poo out of Monarch is.

Scaring the poo poo out of nearly everybody, you mean. I prefer this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq3cUGDc70o

Yeah, the Taken bit is a little too on-the-nose, but when he tells the caller to let them go OR ELSE, Monarch's reaction is sublimely hilarious: "Uh... OK... uhm... ssssorry?"

Also great is 21's "He's going to go all Liam Neeson, he's going to vaporize us!!", which is sobbed like a little kid who just broke his big brother's favorite toy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just the fact that they got Clancy Brown to do Red Death is amazing. I would love to know how far these guy's social circle extends to get Brown, Colbert, and Warburton to do voices for them.

"Now you're trying to make ME out to be the bad guy!"
"Yes! I'm trying to make you a bad guy! We're both bad guys! We're professional bad guys! DING! HELLO!"

also

"I guess you could break something small. Like...a toe?"
"We could take out his tongue."
"With a knife!"
"Or remove his heart!"
"Yeah! With a KNIFE!"
"Bigger knife!!"
"loving KNIFE!"
"Yeah...you guys are kinda creepy. I think this might be a stupid idea..."

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

Just the fact that they got Clancy Brown to do Red Death is amazing. I would love to know how far these guy's social circle extends to get Brown, Colbert, and Warburton to do voices for them.
Clancy Brown isn't exactly a rarity in voice acting these days. Aside from a few bits in multiple series, he also voiced Savage Opress in Star Wars The Clone Wars and has a small in its daughter series, Star Wars Rebels.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Stephen Colbert also did a fair amount of voice work way back when he was first on the show. He had two major roles on Harvey Birdman around the same time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JoeCL posted:

Stephen Colbert also did a fair amount of voice work way back when he was first on the show. He had two major roles on Harvey Birdman around the same time.

He also voiced one half of a duo who may or may not be gay.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

He also voiced one half of a duo who may or may not be gay.

I can finally get that beachhouse I've wanted. I'll walk around naked.
Ha ha! Dangly Parts!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

AlternateNu posted:

Just to run home how goddamn long this show has been around, they had Colbert doing a voice a full year before The Colbert Report started airing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I, Butthole posted:

Just to run home how goddamn long this show has been around, they had Colbert doing a voice a full year before The Colbert Report started airing.

And the Colbert Report was why Professor Impossible's appearance in Season 3 was reduced to Jackson Publick whimpering and muttering "Sally" a few times. (Colbert's representation either wouldn't return VB's calls, or indignantly explained that a one-episode cameo on a modestly rated cable cartoon was beneath him at that point, depending on which version of decade old thirdhand showbiz scuttlebutt you'd like to believe.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Colbert apparently didn't know about it at the time because he came back for the gargantua 2 special.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Didn't he also return for Harvey Birdman's last episode?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mraagvpeine posted:

Didn't he also return for Harvey Birdman's last episode?

Haha! Final episode stunt casting!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Colbert seems to like doing voice acting and will fit it in when he can. He did a guest voice on Rick and Morty between the end of the Colbert Report and the start of the Late Show.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

He did this talk at Google and said that he really loves doing the voice or on cartoons but when he was doing the report it was too much on his limited schedule which is fair enough imo

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"What do you drive?"

"His dad's powder blue Nissan Stanza."

(which is, of course, later stolen by the whore who made it through the lake of acid)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"What do you drive?"

"His dad's powder blue Nissan Stanza."

(which is, of course, later stolen by the whore who made it through the lake of acid)

But then he gets it back somehow, only for it to be destroyed with the cocoon at Cremation Creek ( I think? It's been awhile since I've seen seasons 1-3 but I feel like they're etched into my brain from watching them over and over again while waiting for new seasons).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

But then he gets it back somehow, only for it to be destroyed with the cocoon at Cremation Creek ( I think? It's been awhile since I've seen seasons 1-3 but I feel like they're etched into my brain from watching them over and over again while waiting for new seasons).
I just kind of assumed the Monarch hired her again and she showed up in the Stanza. And yeah, it goes down with the cocoon - I think there's a line about it at some point after?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just kind of assumed the Monarch hired her again and she showed up in the Stanza. And yeah, it goes down with the cocoon - I think there's a line about it at some point after?

"No! My Stanza!"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Doug's gonna kill me.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Doug's gonna kill me.

It was actually Doug that killed 24 the whole time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Leaving this here because I "get" a new reference every day:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Notorious_Bettie_Page

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

FAT BATMAN posted:

Clancy Brown is fantastic.

EatinCake fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 4, 2017

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

tarlibone posted:

At the end of Return to Spider Skull Island...

Venture: What's with the slow-speed pursuit?
Orpheus: (launches into a long, sing-song explanation)
Venture: (interrupting Orpheus) FINE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdZCLJDmWgI

Does anyone remember the great 'did he say "get their clones" or "get their clothes"' debate of 2005?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Entropic posted:

Does anyone remember the great 'did he say "get their clones" or "get their clothes"' debate of 2005?

Boy, do I. Made infinitely worse by the interminable wait for AS to actually renew the thing, meaning that was all there really was to talk about for about 18 months.

(It was obviously CLOTHES. The CLONES-heads were probably on the "I acquit." wagon, too.)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

JethroMcB posted:

Boy, do I. Made infinitely worse by the interminable wait for AS to actually renew the thing, meaning that was all there really was to talk about for about 18 months.

Yep! And then I remember the first episode of season 2 being a huge troll covering some of the popular theories, like showing Rusty and Jonah Jr. as the running Venture Brothers during the theme song, and then having Dr Orpheus try resurrecting Hank and Dean, before they finally revealed the clone thing towards the end..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The clone death montage is still one of the best things the show did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZjQwHJFJY

"..."
"...we had a gas leak that time. The silent killer."