Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«294 »
Inescapable Duck
Mar 2, 2017

The Monarch was more on the money though; your most blundering henchmen are nearly immortal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Plus entirely expendable.

porking a pork bun
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Man that clip has just reminded me of how much I love Dr.Z, such a great understated character. I love the sheer glee he gets out of villainy and how he's viewed as this pioneering legend within the supervillain community. Watching him bust out the villain speech at Rusty's day camp and seeing Hatred geek out over meeting him were both great.

"What about scorpions? Can I drop scorpions on him?"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

he knows...

NYCC Venture Cosplay, Friday

(I forgot to hem my shorts and totally looked the fool)

I broke the slide that lets me retract and extend my wrist blade about four second before that last photo so we'll see how well that holds up tomorrow.

Theoretically, I'm meeting up with a Dr Mrs and a Brrrrrick Frog tomorrow

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Sockser posted:

ith maddening

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

THE SHOW'S OVER!

Heh. Nice onesie, dick!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

Dude, calm down. It's not a ghost, it's just music. You can't touch music.

But music can touch you.

Your costume is great...but this guy, this guy kicks rear end.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Duuuuude!

Duuuuuuuuuude!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

he knows...

The first, shittier Blue Morpho approached me from behind and in a spot-on Monarch voice, says "21?! What the hell, I thought we were doing the Blue Morpho and Kano thing today!"

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The Monarch is surprisingly easy to do. You just have to basically yell the entire time.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

he knows...

Dry day on Venture Bros as far as I could tell

These loving guys are the best. The Dr Mrs did the Jackie O costume, the monarch costume, and the guild costume over the three days

This doesn't really count but I met the loving Sovereign!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Deal With it Midgardian

21 would totally go to NYCC in his henchmen outfit.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

twistedmentat posted:

IDK, he seems like the type that would spend the year making a costume.

He has definitely has gone as The Viceroy at least once, though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Deal With it Midgardian

MizPiz posted:

IDK, he seems like the type that would spend the year making a costume.

He has definitely has gone as The Viceroy at least once, though.

By the way, I realized why Viceroy is a double joke, like the Monarch, because Viceroy's are a type of butterfly that's like a smaller, less colourful Monarch.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Also viceroys aren't actually poisonous, but monarchs are poisonous for potential bird predators. Their whole survival strategy is just to look tough like the monarch, but really viceroys are just big ole softies. 21's relation to the Monarch is exactly the same.

Inescapable Duck
Mar 2, 2017

21 is pretty self-aware about it too, given their whole villain spiel involved mentioning he mimics the monarch butterfly.

Wondering if they're going for anything in particular with the butterfly motif; certainly the Monarch's gone through more than one period of defeat and revival in a different form, the classical cycle of death and rebirth.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Hey gary did you meet a D,von Dudley?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

EVERY FAIRY TALE NEEDS ITS HERO.

drat, so no NYCC panel this year? For some reason I thought they did them even on off years...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your move...'cause mine's gonna be ugly.

twistedmentat posted:

"I'm going as Man-at-Arms from *He-Man*. We have the same general build. Plus I'm working on a sweet Sam Elliott 'stache for ~Mo-vember~."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

he knows...

AkumaHokoru posted:

Hey gary did you meet a D,von Dudley?

Sure did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Sockser posted:

Sure did

It was nice meeting you Your gary was quite sweet.

«294 »