Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

How long are we going to judge women’s fashion here? Do I need to clear my schedule or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Improbable Lobster posted:

You know that fitness tracker watches exist right

yeah i even mentioned it in a post on that page you didn't read

luxury handset posted:

it has to be a smart watch health monitor video screen communicator watch kind of thing, we know sirena works out and i cannot think of any possible reason why a young adult woman would habitually wear just a normal watch

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That is such a weird position to take. Tons of people wear regular watches all the time.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hey i have an idea, let's argue bitterly about our different perspectives on the world

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

let’s stop this dumb thread and instead talk about the cool watch of the gci (although i prefer ward)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I honestly never know which is which.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

I honestly never know which is which.

For a while, I was able to remember which one it was who has the blond hair peaking out from behind his face... uh, plate? That thing on his face? Whatever that is, one of them has hair poking out from it, and I knew which one of them that was. Now, I can't remember which is which. Thankfully, they're almost always together, so I can just say "Watch & Ward" without issue.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
not only do I mix up their names but I also can't tell which one's voiced by Doc and which one's voiced by Jackson (like one of them kinda inflects words similar to Dr. Girlfriend, so I figure that's the one voiced by Doc, but I can't remember which design had which voice anyways)

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

feetnotes posted:

Also, in terms of story evidence, didn’t she say she had to be in water every couple of hours or something last season?
Every six hours. Two hours would be excessive.

tarlibone posted:

And I don't see a problem with a woman wearing a watch. It's not clear if it's a regular watch, a super-fancy Rolex (or other ultra expensive) watch, a fitness watch, or a smart watch. But in any event, I also don't see a woman wearing a watch as a weird thing.
I think you would always wear a Rolex on your other wrist, both because of the size and because there is no point in owning those and now showing them off. They're jewelry after all.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

not only do I mix up their names but I also can't tell which one's voiced by Doc and which one's voiced by Jackson (like one of them kinda inflects words similar to Dr. Girlfriend, so I figure that's the one voiced by Doc, but I can't remember which design had which voice anyways)
The one who's got blond hair peeking out of his helmet is Ward and is voiced by Doc Hammer. The other is Watch and is voiced by Jackson Publick.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I wear a regular watch with hands every day. You lazy fucks that need a digital time keeper are whats wrong with the world.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Going in a completely different tangent here, but rethinking about the Morphic Trilogy, it felt like the authors shot themselves when it comes to dates and time in that one. The fact that only two years have passed since the beginning of the series is sure to fit weirdly with some episodes in early seasons, with the season 5 premiere being a particularly big offender : not only do we know that it spanned about three months, Rusty also mentions that he blew through Jonas' advance money "like a year ago". Plus we've got a definitive date for Jonas' death : the 9th of April, 1987. Somehow I feel like this information should have been left obfuscated.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

X_Toad posted:

Going in a completely different tangent here, but rethinking about the Morphic Trilogy, it felt like the authors shot themselves when it comes to dates and time in that one. The fact that only two years have passed since the beginning of the series is sure to fit weirdly with some episodes in early seasons, with the season 5 premiere being a particularly big offender : not only do we know that it spanned about three months, Rusty also mentions that he blew through Jonas' advance money "like a year ago". Plus we've got a definitive date for Jonas' death : the 9th of April, 1987. Somehow I feel like this information should have been left obfuscated.

Maybe later tonight I'll draw up a timeline to see just how ridiculous it is. Or if it's not ridiculous at all.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I don't think the time period anything takes place actually matters and even with the show incorporating new technology and references to stay current it's hardly stretching credibility for me to just assume it's like 2006 or whatever in the show's own timeframe based on when it started and how long has passed in universe.

Put down things like smartphones to a huge early boon in tech thanks to JJ's entrepreneurial and scientific skills after he got out of Rusty's body.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Venture tech is so cutting edge and powerful, it makes 2019 look like 2007

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

khwarezm posted:

I don't think the time period anything takes place actually matters and even with the show incorporating new technology and references to stay current it's hardly stretching credibility for me to just assume it's like 2006 or whatever in the show's own timeframe based on when it started and how long has passed in universe.

Jackson Public: Doc, should we ever tell the internet when the show really happens?

Doc Hammer:Never.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It cost nine dollars. NINE Dollars!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
For a latte!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
To steal a talking point from someone else: St Cloud actually has a lot in common with the Monarch's early days of villainy. He took up supervillainy specifically to arch a single person, has no superpowers or particularly impressive skills, just an arbitrarily large trust fund. And arching someone who's clever and smart but lacks the proper training and motivation to capitalise on it. One some level, the Monarch probably realises this, and has experience and skills that are genuinely useful and help St Cloud avoid some of the pitfalls he had, including taking advantage of the Guild's facilities and rules rather than flouting them.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To steal a talking point from someone else: St Cloud actually has a lot in common with the Monarch's early days of villainy. He took up supervillainy specifically to arch a single person, has no superpowers or particularly impressive skills, just an arbitrarily large trust fund. And arching someone who's clever and smart but lacks the proper training and motivation to capitalise on it. One some level, the Monarch probably realises this, and has experience and skills that are genuinely useful and help St Cloud avoid some of the pitfalls he had, including taking advantage of the Guild's facilities and rules rather than flouting them.

Except before he officially started arching Doc he had machinated an explosion at school that took off Unterbeit's jaw and got Doc expelled. He also had an undetermined amount of time as a henchman in service to a high level guild member so he knew the lifestyle and the ins and outs.

St. Cloud is just a weenus.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Was it ever explained where St Cloud got his money?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Was it ever explained where St Cloud got his money?

Plastics.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Read that as 'human resources' monitoring first and was reminded that we're on the cusp of a nightmare hellscape where employers require wearing monitors as a prerequisite to receiving health care benefits.

You have a... Puerto Rico department?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I have to assume its a Graduate reference.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

St Cloud is heir to some obscure patent royalties, as is common cartoon shorthand for 'rich for no reason with unlimited free time as well as money'.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I wonder if we're going to see Molotov again. I'm reading the art book and they mention that she was supposed to show up in Gargantua-2

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I wonder if we're going to see Molotov again. I'm reading the art book and they mention that she was supposed to show up in Gargantua-2

Maybe they split that part of the story off and developed it into its own episode. They did that with a few episodes, but my age-addled mind can't recall any examples... oh wait, no, I have one: "Bright Lights, Dean City."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Molotov's reaction to Brock's new relationship might be... interesting.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Molotov's reaction to Brock's new relationship might be... interesting.

Pretty sure Brock's over Molotov after that whole "she tried to kill his family" thing.

There's also no indication that Kate McKinnon did any VA work for this season, so if we see Warriana it'll likely be a non-speaking "oh there she is, neat" kind of thing.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I thought moltive died with monstroso?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

deong posted:

I thought moltive died with monstroso?

The limo crash just had an inflatable Monstroso dummy in it, both escaped and were later caught by OSI. Molotov is now a deep cover agent hired by Hunter. Monstroso got phased through a plane wall by the Investors and gravity kicked in, no clues about his body yet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think Monstroso was NYC based? If he survived somehow, he's probably been keeping a low profile. (good idea when the Investors are involved, and he likely wouldn't know they're dead unless he had contact with the surviving Council)

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I wouldn't mind if Molotov quietly disappeared like Triana did. Be it Amber Gold, Rose, Sirena or Warianna, the show has introduced much better female characters than this bad parody of Black Widow with the most childishly "mature" name imaginable.

Level Seven posted:

The limo crash just had an inflatable Monstroso dummy in it, both escaped and were later caught by OSI. Molotov is now a deep cover agent hired by Hunter. Monstroso got phased through a plane wall by the Investors and gravity kicked in, no clues about his body yet.
I wonder how the deep cover agent thing turned out, considering that she was supposed to infiltrate a Sovereign-led and Investors-backed GCI when Hunter considered it the biggest thread around, only for the Sovereign to bring it all down around himself. Now the GCI is still finding its feet and signed a new treaty with the O.S.I, implying that all thoses plans went down the toilet. Maybe she's back to being an independent agent?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think the only real reason for Molotov surviving the car crash at all was because they needed Monstroso to as well; Molotov was a parody that worked at the time, but quietly retiring the character and letting the newer, better female cast take the lead is probably for the best.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Or loudly retiring the character with a big bang(not like that).

I swear McKinnon was doing the OSI agent now that she's a full blown character.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Or loudly retiring the character with a big bang(not like that).

I swear McKinnon was doing the OSI agent now that she's a full blown character.

Actually, she never voiced her: http://venturebrothers.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_Kimberly_McManus

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just found this video randomly and I think it has some interesting ideas. https://youtu.be/B4YR2BHH1kw

Short version: The Venture Bros, the Monarch's arc especially, is about identity. Also maybe a mid life crisis.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
A midlife chrysalis

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Cojawfee posted:

A midlife chrysalis

Man Doc's speech towards Dean in the post credit bit when hung over or whatever is really weird now.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Level Seven posted:

in one of the summary/catchup videos gary says monstroso is dead. not sure if this is canon or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

luxury handset posted:

in one of the summary/catchup videos gary says monstroso is dead. not sure if this is canon or not

Cigar?