Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

prefect posted:

Back to "Every Which Way But Zeus"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89MPGDskn8

All of you are in peculiar underpants, while I am not, because I am special!

Everything Treister says is great, but that kills me every time.

TIRSTAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The outtake reel of Huss trying the 'sooooo that's Captain Sunshine?' line over and over is pure gold.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

prefect posted:

Everything Treister says is great, but that kills me every time.

"I want lists and solutions by the time I finish this jey-oose box. Warning! I am tirstay and it is fah-root punch and it is delicious!"

To this day neither my wife nor I can pronounce juice box or fruit punch properly.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Tigershark's eyes when he realizes he's slowing down are perfect. It's that kind of detail that makes the show so loving good and worth waiting for.

Please never burn out Doc and Jackson.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I really enjoy that Triester is basically a less dick version of Nick Fury.

My favorite Triester moment is when the hencmen/sidekicks get rescued and you see them all running back to their scientists/partners.

And then Triester shoots two civilians and then sheds a tear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKIH4E8hac

Probably my favorite part is how Professor Impossible doesn't know that Triester is being one sarcastic bastard.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 29, 2014

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics

TK-42-1 posted:

The outtake reel of Huss trying the 'sooooo that's Captain Sunshine?' line over and over is pure gold.

IS DIS DA CAPPER??

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Saturniid19 posted:

IS DIS DA CAPPER??

Is there a YouTube of this? I so want to sees it

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Shindragon posted:

I really enjoy that Triester is basically a less dick version of Nick Fury.

My favorite Triester moment is when the hencmen/sidekicks get rescued and you see them all running back to their scientists/partners.

And then Triester shoots two civilians and then sheds a tear.

Probably my favorite part is how Professor Impossible doesn't know that Triester is being one sarcastic bastard.

If I recall correctly those two are adult swim/ Cartoon Network execs.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Um, guys. Live action The Tick is coming back with Patrick Warburton and Ben Edlund. AKA the closest we'll ever get to a live action Venture Bros.

I'm so happy we live in this world where the live action Tick gets a second chance, but hopefully this time without the lovely writing in the post-pilot episode.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 30, 2014

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Completely forgot about Fat Chance and his hole of mystery, and the fact that Rusty gets pushed into it, only to have a more successful Rusty toss him back in his own dimension.

Makes me think he, or a similarly alternate Rusty, might be the one from the season 6 teaser?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

OmegaBR posted:

Completely forgot about Fat Chance and his hole of mystery, and the fact that Rusty gets pushed into it, only to have a more successful Rusty toss him back in his own dimension.

Makes me think he, or a similarly alternate Rusty, might be the one from the season 6 teaser?

Rusty's delivery of the line "It's an rear end in a top hat dimension anyway, what do you think about that?" kills me every time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ithaqua posted:

Rusty's delivery of the line "It's an rear end in a top hat dimension anyway, what do you think about that?" kills me every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBcFQ5znYCc

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

feedmyleg posted:

Um, guys. Live action The Tick is coming back with Patrick Warburton and Ben Edlund. AKA the closest we'll ever get to a live action Venture Bros.

I'm so happy we live in this world where the live action Tick gets a second chance, but hopefully this time without the lovely writing in the post-pilot episode.

Holy poo poo! Awesome.

Wish I could find a clip of BatManuel explaining the birds and the bees to the Tick.

Edit: Oh, hey. That whole episode is on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfIVVUIpsVQ

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 30, 2014

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Does Edlund still work on Supernatural? I wonder if this is a sign that that show will finally get a chance to end.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

The Red Queen posted:

Does Edlund still work on Supernatural? I wonder if this is a sign that that show will finally get a chance to end.

I don't think he works on it full time. I could have sworn that he was only involved with the funny episodes.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Bored posted:

Edit: Oh, hey. That whole episode is on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfIVVUIpsVQ
It's hard to hear Patrick Warburton do any sort of narration and not think back to that hamburger thing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
From /r/venturebrothers:

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

Pope Guilty posted:

From /r/venturebrothers:

I'd buy a print of that so fast.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You chould get an oil painters on alibaba to make a copy.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shindragon posted:

He wasn't joking about fearing the cans-ker though :smith:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

From /r/venturebrothers:

They could put it up on redbubble without spending any money and people can buy prints. It's a print on demand service. I've been happier with how prints come out from there than from prints that I've gotten from society 6.

Dodecalypse posted:

I'd buy a print of that so fast.

Then Dodecalypse and anyone else wanting a print can get one.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Here's the thread if you want to contact the guy.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I've been watching Regular Show recently. Knowing how much of their budget Doc and Jackson blew on the season 2 premiere song, how is RS full of what I assume to be insanely expensive licensed songs?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Cacafuego posted:

I've been watching Regular Show recently. Knowing how much of their budget Doc and Jackson blew on the season 2 premiere song, how is RS full of what I assume to be insanely expensive licensed songs?

I can only assume the budget for an adult swim show in 2005/2006 was less than a prime time CN original five years later.

Either that, or the song was obscure enough that they wanted more for it.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Regular Show's animation costs are far, far less than Venture Bros' traditional animation.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Cacafuego posted:

The animation for Regular Show is less expensive than the Venture Bros'. More importantly, almost any Cartoon Network original will have a larger budget than an Adult Swim show (especially ones that get renewed for a second season.) CN original shows can afford to be made by full teams of storyboarders and artists, while Venture Bros is famously made by like three people and then shipped off to an animation studio. Adventure Time's budget in particular is known to be very large.

Bonto
Aug 8, 2007

Honey!?

grilldos posted:

Regular Show's animation costs are far, far less than Venture Bros' traditional animation.

A quick aside, I've always wondered about this. Does that mean that the Venture bros is completely hand-drawn? Or is it just in reference to the fact that each frame is individually drawn digitally?

Regular show seems to go from hand-drawn images being scanned in to create digital drawings, then the animation is done by a studio overseas. How does the Venture bros process differ?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I know Venture Brothers was done in Flash for most of its run (excepting, I think, the pilot). I think they changed their production methods for this past season.

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

Phylodox posted:

I know Venture Brothers was done in Flash for most of its run (excepting, I think, the pilot). I think they changed their production methods for this past season.

I think the commentary says the opposite, that only the pilot was done in flash.

I mean the pilot does look like it was made in flash, but everything afterwards is passable.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

PootieTang posted:

I think the commentary says the opposite, that only the pilot was done in flash.

I mean the pilot does look like it was made in flash, but everything afterwards is passable.

You're right. For the actual seasons they do the traditional cell animation method where they do key frames and then ship poo poo to Korea to be fully animated. They bring up how long Korea takes at every comic-con.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The commentary when they notice lovely animation is pretty great. My favorite is on 'When the caged bird kills' when Myra turns around to run over Brock. Jackson is just like 'uuuugggghhhhhh'

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I recall a commentary where they admit that they give specific instructions to make animation flubs occur on purpose, so that the show looks more like the old Hanna Barbara era stuff. Could be a joke, but it's hard to tell with those two.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Black Bones posted:

I recall a commentary where they admit that they give specific instructions to make animation flubs occur on purpose, so that the show looks more like the old Hanna Barbara era stuff. Could be a joke, but it's hard to tell with those two.

I seem to recall them saying they once told the animators to do something in the style of an old sloppy animation mistake, but the animation team instead did it correctly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's one of those "If they made something that didn't suck, it would be a vacuum cleaner" kinds of situations, huh?

Helena Handbasket
Feb 11, 2006
Finally finishing up my re-watch of Season Five. Is Vendata the Monarch's dad? Am I way off or did everybody else already figure this out? Venturion was created in 1976 so the timeline makes sense. I didn't think of it until this shot from Bot Meets Bot, though. He looks like the Monarch to me when his mask is knocked off.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Helena Handbasket posted:

Finally finishing up my re-watch of Season Five. Is Vendata the Monarch's dad? Am I way off or did everybody else already figure this out? Venturion was created in 1976 so the timeline makes sense. I didn't think of it until this shot from Bot Meets Bot, though. He looks like the Monarch to me when his mask is knocked off.

Yes, it's pretty obvious. He also says something like "I think the plane is going down" while malfunctioning, and the Monarch said in season 1 or 2 that his parents died when the plane they were in crashed in the pine barrens.

You can also see the monarch's parents hanging out with Jonas Venture boat in the Spanikopita!!! episode.

I think it's going to turn out that the Monarch hates Rusty because Rusty was a dick when they played together when they were kids. It would fit the show so well; this insane, all-consuming life-long hatred over something totally inconsequential.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 28, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Vendata was made by Venture Industries too, so maybe Jonas rebuilt the guy after the crash?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

Vendata was made by Venture Industries too, so maybe Jonas rebuilt the guy after the crash?

Exactly. We haven't gotten any clues for why Vendata tried to strangle Rusty. Maybe hating him just runs in the family.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ithaqua posted:

You can also see the monarch's parents hanging out with Jonas Venture boat in the Spanikopita!!! episode.

Ayyyyy Spanikopita! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Ayyyyy Spanikopita! :haw:
A friend of mine mentioned that she made spinach pie the other day. I immediately spouted out "Spanikopita!" and she looked at me like I had an extra hole in my head. I remembered then that she'd seen the first four seasons, but not season five yet :saddowns:

Also, interestingly enough, in the deleted scenes on the DVD for season 5, they've got the whole Harryhausen-esque bit done in regular animation instead of stop motion. I'm glad they went with the stop motion since it's so weird, but I'm surprised they went through with doing it all traditionally first.