Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol can you imagine the kind of person who would watch any show on adult swim and write the FCC to complain about a cartoon poop?

There's people who watch tv specifically to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

There are brutal, bloody, gory massacres on this show and people think they're being morally upright to report something that everyone does daily

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

There are brutal, bloody, gory massacres on this show and people think they're being morally upright to report something that everyone does daily

Do you not kill a dozen half-baked clones on your lawn every day?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

RandallODim posted:

Do you not kill a dozen half-baked clones on your lawn every day?

Nah, all of my genetic material dies in your mom's stomach

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

lol can you imagine the kind of person who would watch any show on adult swim and write the FCC to complain about a cartoon poop?

99% of all FCC complaints come from one pro-censorship organization, the Parents Television Council. Their numbers are disputed, but they claim to have around 12,000 members and were responsible for over 200,000 complaints in 2003 alone. That's compared to the 300 complaints the FCC recieved in 2000 before they started doing this.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

99% of all FCC complaints come from one pro-censorship organization, the Parents Television Council. Their numbers are disputed, but they claim to have around 12,000 members and were responsible for over 200,000 complaints in 2003 alone. That's compared to the 300 complaints the FCC recieved in 2000 before they started doing this.

The FTC has always been a joke. A vast majority of their "complaints" come from effectively mailers going out to old church ladies telling to sign this and send money. They even got caught years ago just opening them up, taking the money and never sending the complaints to the FCC.

Why anyone; network, advertiser or government official would ever take them seriously at all is beyond me.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Djarum posted:

The FTC has always been a joke. A vast majority of their "complaints" come from effectively mailers going out to old church ladies telling to sign this and send money. They even got caught years ago just opening them up, taking the money and never sending the complaints to the FCC.

Why anyone; network, advertiser or government official would ever take them seriously at all is beyond me.

Yeah, they're totally a joke. I first heard about them when they went after the WWF in the late 90's. They ended up getting sued for defamation and settled out of court for 3.5 million.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

qirex posted:

There's people who watch tv specifically to do that.

People watch loving Jeopardy to find something to whine about.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I thought the FCC only covered the free, over-the-air TV networks (Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, CW) and so any censor notes from a cable channel are from only that channel's management looking out to not piss off sponsors?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's correct. FCC only concerns OTA broadcasts. Cable channels can show whatever they want as long as they can afford to piss off advertisers or not have advertising at all. HBO got popular because they were showing boobs on the TV.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

TVs Ian posted:

And he dresses kind of like The Phantom.

Ah poo poo. Out of all them, this is the one that got me.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I just caught up with Season 6 on Hulu and I can't believe how good they were.

Every episode is amazing, I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch. Hulu only has 9 episodes though, is that all that's been released so far?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They didn't realize that All This and Gargantua 2 counted as two of their episodes. They were only able to make 8 episodes for season 6 and they weren't able to properly end the season.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

My least favorite at first watch was the Doom! factory one with the exception of the Dude. Dude! Duuuuuude! part. But after a couple rewatches I think it's my favorite by far.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

My least favorite at first watch was the Doom! factory one with the exception of the Dude. Dude! Duuuuuude! part. But after a couple rewatches I think it's my favorite by far.
If you go down the rabbit hole of Andy Warhol's caravan, the episode becomes even better. There are so many fantastic puns created for it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Someone put this on YouTube. Seems apropos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtWIK9wZUhM

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Jesus, all of their throw-away villains are top-tier.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

tarlibone posted:

Holy hell, I knew it was a joke on the Legion of Doom, but I hadn't realized they'd actually parodied a specific scene from a fifty year old cartoon.

e: Also, while we're on subject, I've always wondered how "The Intangible Fancy" got his name.

Duckbox fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 6, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
He's a gay ghost. If there's a deeper meaning or reference, it's lost on me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jackson Publick did a podcast this week and talked a bit about Venture Bros.

Notable:

-They've finished 8 scripts, which means they can start the animation process. Apparently this is a new thing; the network used to allow them to start animation with like 2 of 10 scripts written, but cracked down on them this season.

-They started giving Dr. Girlfriend costume changes just because they though it would be funny to see people cosplay them.

-Publick is broke as gently caress, which is really not surprising at all since I think they've said before that the show runs on such a low budget that they make about as much as they would managing a Gap.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I have a feeling Publick wouldn't be quite as broke (broke as hell instead of broke as gently caress) if there weren't two full years between every season of Venture Bros.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

They're self described thousandaires.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

tarlibone posted:

I have a feeling Publick wouldn't be quite as broke (broke as hell instead of broke as gently caress) if there weren't two full years between every season of Venture Bros.

The quality tho

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Jackson Publick did a podcast this week and talked a bit about Venture Bros.

Notable:

-They've finished 8 scripts, which means they can start the animation process. Apparently this is a new thing; the network used to allow them to start animation with like 2 of 10 scripts written, but cracked down on them this season.

-They started giving Dr. Girlfriend costume changes just because they though it would be funny to see people cosplay them.

-Publick is broke as gently caress, which is really not surprising at all since I think they've said before that the show runs on such a low budget that they make about as much as they would managing a Gap.

Man, I listened to the end, and Dana Snyder as The Alchemist came up, and Publick said "Yeah we haven't written for him in a long time." So not looking good for an Order of the Triad appearance.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The triad became kind of a one trick pony that they went as far as they could with. Probably couldn't come up with a good reason to get them to new york either. I like to think Al and Shore Leave got a nice catamaran and are sailing around the carribean together.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Where is boy cyclops and the ghost man?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

tarlibone posted:

Always found it funny when they showed the villains pretty much trash their own HQ during their intro. I would love to see a version where Lex is like.

"Look, I know we are evil but come on... Capt. Cold that's like the 8th light fixture you broke this month... and Cheetah stop scratching the drat table top!"

That plus the Toyman being there. You know he's only there because The Joker was like "Naaa, I'm good."

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

BooDoug187 posted:

Always found it funny when they showed the villains pretty much trash their own HQ during their intro. I would love to see a version where Lex is like.

"Look, I know we are evil but come on... Capt. Cold that's like the 8th light fixture you broke this month... and Cheetah stop scratching the drat table top!"

That plus the Toyman being there. You know he's only there because The Joker was like "Naaa, I'm good."

Well look what I found.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NebQUP4qXl8

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
loving finally

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/02/exclusive-dark-horse-announces-the-venture-bros-ar.html

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Yesssss. Preordering (again)

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I honestly thought it was dead

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Hedrigall posted:

Yesssss. Preordering (again)

https://twitter.com/Kaboobi/status/836346874105835521

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
haha, I just cancelled my preorder the other day. good timing on my part.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Man am I glad I checked this thread today. Any chance the delay means they're including artwork from this current season?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh wtf, Jackson moved to LA

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh no :smith:

I hope that doesn't mean bad things for VB's future. But mostly I'm bummed that I won't be able to run into him in a Lower East Side bar sometime.

And I think I read that the book delay allowed them to change it more from a simple "art of" to a "making of" type book.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Oh no :smith:

I hope that doesn't mean bad things for VB's future. But mostly I'm bummed that I won't be able to run into him in a Lower East Side bar sometime.

My friend ran into him in a restaurant in Brooklyn once while wearing the council of 13 shirt and got a pic. I'm so jealous. He said 'oh my face is on your shirt' awkwardly, haha

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
FWIW, a very confused Amazon rep said my preorder would transfer to the new book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is the new one on Amazon yet?