Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Brightman posted:

"You can read it like a book, but this is not a book, this is a suicide note!"

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Brightman posted:

Who the gently caress is Gary!?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Brightman posted:

It's hilarious that Monarch never realized that 21 had written it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I got super mournful that we might not have more Venture Bros this decade so I started rewatching Harvey Birdman and oh my god this poo poo is so good I was such a dweeb in High School I had no idea how good I had it lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I got super mournful that we might not have more Venture Bros this decade so I started rewatching Harvey Birdman and oh my god this poo poo is so good I was such a dweeb in High School I had no idea how good I had it lol

J.G. Thirlwell said he was halfway done with the soundtrack for the next season on his facebook

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

GorfZaplen posted:

J.G. Thirlwell said he was halfway done with the soundtrack for the next season on his facebook

So we are easily within 7 years of getting the new season

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Billzasilver posted:

So we are easily within 7 years of getting the new season

Hey let’s not get our hopes up.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This aired in september I believe, so it looks like season 7 will happen in 2018....lol.
https://www.facebook.com/voiceofkiki/videos/10155614388770011/

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This aired in september I believe, so it looks like season 7 will happen in 2018....lol.

It always gets delayed at least once after they announce a time frame.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Did the math, if this is correct, its returning November 10, 2018.

... but time is a flat circle. So, who knows. I hope it doesn't get waylaid by jackassery and pushed back even further

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

RugClockVexx posted:

Did the math, if this is correct, its returning November 10, 2018.

... but time is a flat circle. So, who knows. I hope it doesn't get waylaid by jackassery and pushed back even further

It's always waylaid by jackassery.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Just a small typo, it’ll be out November 300th, 2018

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

RandallODim posted:

It's always waylaid by jackassery.

but the ant people needed their help

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

there's actually an nyc bespoke tailor called "Enzo Custom"

revolther
May 27, 2008
Hadn't realized the whole two headed council member setup was lifted from a David Bowie video where he had two heads, does phantom limb or either of the members point it out?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought it was based on The Thing With Two Heads.
A white bigots head on a soul brothers body!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWHNA_j7h5A

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Their Halloween costume was, at least.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
And now I know that they got that wrong : the black one should be the body's owner.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
there was some season 7 animatic aired a month or so ago on some AS livestream update where the statue of pazuzu ended up in the venture hq but I can't find it again

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

hughesta posted:

there was some season 7 animatic aired a month or so ago on some AS livestream update where the statue of pazuzu ended up in the venture hq but I can't find it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr_jIUmxGnY&feature=youtu.be

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
nah it was an extended version of this - we saw more of JJ and we went back to present-day New York

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Maybe I'm behind the times, but:

- Kano was the Blue Morpho's sidekick, and was also a member of Team Venture; the timeline on this is unclear.
- In New York, Kano told Brock that his silence was penance for killing a great man, and refused to answer when Brock asked if he killed Dr. Venture.
- Kano piloted the X-1 for Team Venture, and Colonel Gentleman described him as a "crackerjack" pilot.

Was Kano piloting for the Monarch's family at the time of the crash that killed his parents and led to his being lost in the Pine Barrens? Is the "great man" that Kano killed the Monarch's father, AKA the Blue Morpho?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That'd make sense to me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The longer these gaps get, the more I'm like "Eh, just wrap it up already."

I guess I'm still intrigued about what happened to Jonas, but I doubt they'll ever give an answer on that one.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone still think Jonas invented the internet for the Orb?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

I guess I'm still intrigued about what happened to Jonas, but I doubt they'll ever give an answer on that one.

I'm still excited for the next season, we got slammed with how short the last one was.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There have been a bunch of theories that the Blue Morpho was messed up in the plane crash that killed the Monarch's parents. Jonas turned him into Vendetta. Then he went mad and turned into Vendata. When Vendata gets beat up and goes nuts, he starts talking about a plane crash and "Where's my wife" and whatnot. If that was indeed the plan, I'm sure they've already decided to scrap it and come up with something much worse to show up all the nerds. I don't know what would be worse, a terrible hackjob that makes no sense and is unpredictable, or all the assholes on here and reddit endlessly saying "LOL I CALLED IT" forever.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

PostNouveau posted:

I'm kinda feeling the same way too. This show's been on since 2004. I still enjoy it and think it's really funny, but it's probably time for things to wrap up.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

There have been a bunch of theories that the Blue Morpho was messed up in the plane crash that killed the Monarch's parents. Jonas turned him into Vendetta. Then he went mad and turned into Vendata. When Vendata gets beat up and goes nuts, he starts talking about a plane crash and "Where's my wife" and whatnot. If that was indeed the plan, I'm sure they've already decided to scrap it and come up with something much worse to show up all the nerds. I don't know what would be worse, a terrible hackjob that makes no sense and is unpredictable, or all the assholes on here and reddit endlessly saying "LOL I CALLED IT" forever.

Yeah, I wish they'd just let the plotlines progress the way they'd originally intending instead of always spiting the nerds to prove some point.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Yeah these gaps are becoming unbearable. I love the show to bits, wrap it up as a show and finish it or transition it to e-comic territory.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I enjoy it still too. I guess I can clarify.

The longer the gaps get, the more it seems like it'll never come back. Something during the gaps could finish it off for good. I know the adult swim execs have a reputation for semi-randomly making GBS threads up their good, long-running relationships like with Metalocalypse and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

They should give it a conclusion while they still can.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They never intended anything with the plotlines. Believe it or not, Doc and Jackson write the show as a comedy, and the "epic iniyashu nonsense" plot, as Doc called it in the commentary one time, is secondary.

They never had an answer to what happened to Jonas, they probably still don't, this stuff gets made up on the fly and the people who get way too into it are not getting anywhere or making any progress on a plot that doesn't actually exist.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Also put the show on EU Netflix already. I don't loan out DVD's anymore.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pick posted:

Yeah, I wish they'd just let the plotlines progress the way they'd originally intending instead of always spiting the nerds to prove some point.

They don’t have a history of doing this, do they? I thought they just liked to spite the superfans by building up lore and then deflating it in silly ways.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always assumed Jonas died in some really embarassing way so they all keep it a secret to preserve the great man mystery of him. Probably died doing the funky spider-man or slipping on a bar of soap in the shower.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah these gaps are becoming unbearable. I love the show to bits, wrap it up as a show and finish it or transition it to e-comic territory.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Doc and Jackson just abandon the animation part altogether and write megawords of official Venture Bros fiction. In order to read any of it, fans must get landline modems and spend hours attempting to get through to one of the four phone lines running into a BBS hosted on a wheezing, rickety old 486.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pete White reads official Venture adventure stories on recordings accessible at $2.95 a minute over an astrobase 900 number, the last ever officially assigned by the fcc.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I just don't want to still be anticipating new episodes when I'm 40.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I'm kinda okay with it. Obviously I'd prefer more but I'm glad they're still willing to do it. I don't really expect grand plot resolution - they don't need to entirely cast off the johnny quest slice-of-bizarre-life style to make the show stay fun. I know I'm not gonna find out what happened to Jonas or who anyone's mother is but that's okay.

I can't say I love the "whoops it's the end of the season and our arc isn't finished, welp see you in 3 years" thing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Men have literally died of old age waiting for the next Venture Bros story to come out.