Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

god how much did they have to pay for a David Bowie song in their trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Beware spoilers, apparently the first two episodes of season 7 were shown at the comic con panel and also streamed online tonight.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And to be honest, he's usually right about some heinous crimes against nature being involved. (I don't remember him sensing MUTHER, though)

You don't remember Jefferson Twilight needing pants, like Extra Pants?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And to be honest, he's usually right about some heinous crimes against nature being involved. (I don't remember him sensing MUTHER, though)

remember when the order was trying to sense brock and rusty and then jefferson pissed himself

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Don't look away from..... The nozzle

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can't believe you had them nozzle me.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I love when Dr. O and Al get stuck in hell, Jefferson gets all happy about being MAGIC and AL is like we wont' hear the end of this.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Bad news about Metalocalypse...

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Shindragon posted:

I love when Dr. O and Al get stuck in hell, Jefferson gets all happy about being MAGIC and AL is like we wont' hear the end of this.

Yes! I'm doing it! Magic blacula hunter!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Brutal :smith:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Uh, this is bad news for a lot more than a show that's been cancelled for years. Guy wasn't even that old, all things considered.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Hedrigall posted:

Beware spoilers, apparently the first two episodes of season 7 were shown at the comic con panel and also streamed online tonight.

So if this is true where's the link???

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Oh it's very true.

Red Death is back and wants a seat on the council and there is quite a problem Dr Orpheus has to deal with

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Idk check Reddit or something

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

tarlibone posted:

Whatever happens, I'm excited. It's nice to see that Dean and Sirena are in a class together (I think that was Sirena). I hope they'll be friends.
That was definitely Sirena. It's probably from the same episode which had that shot of the Monarch and Dean confronting each other.

tarlibone posted:

And it looks like Hank should have kept his lucky hat?
Seeing him frozen in that situation was funny.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He and the other members of the Triad had a vivid vision of her which sent them into a panic.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
God I am so looking forward to hanging out with the Triad again.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me!!

That episode is full of great lines; "I'll give you soooooooo much money not to shoot your dad"
Ever since-a da Iron Man, Everybody wants-a da robot heart.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Slamhound posted:

Ever since-a da Iron Man, Everybody wants-a da robot heart.

Iirc, that voice was Brenden Small too

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The World Inferno posted:

Hallelujah.

Not grabbing a Spanakopita! shirt when they were on sale is among the many regrets of this life :smith:

This is the weirdest coincidence because yesterday I decided to sort out a few of my t-shirts, among them a Spanakopita (M), a Council of 13 (M) and a Shallow Gravy in S that was the wrong size but was too much effort to send back.
I was gonna put them on ebay I guess but maybe I should just make a SAMart thread?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HIs doc about what happened to the Nick Cage Superman movie is really fascinating. It should not come as a surprises that Kevin Smith's story is a massive embellishment to make himself look good and the only one who actually knew what they were doing.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sereri posted:

This is the weirdest coincidence because yesterday I decided to sort out a few of my t-shirts, among them a Spanakopita (M), a Council of 13 (M) and a Shallow Gravy in S that was the wrong size but was too much effort to send back.
I was gonna put them on ebay I guess but maybe I should just make a SAMart thread?

Sent you a message about the Shallow Gravy shirt.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Preem Palver posted:

Looking forward to indestructible Carl Sagan, though I am wondering why the Monarch and Gary are trying to beat him up.
clearly they're arching him, since they explicitly came in (with Gary in hench uniform) to "beat him up and steal all his ****".

I choose to believe that he's just Carl Sagan, and also in this universe he's like a level 7 protagonist or whatever

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kesper North posted:

Oh just you wait until the season 4 finale two-parter.

Sea Tunt

Holy baaaaaaaaaalls

:swoon:

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

clearly they're arching him, since they explicitly came in (with Gary in hench uniform) to "beat him up and steal all his ****".

I choose to believe that he's just Carl Sagan, and also in this universe he's like a level 7 protagonist or whatever

I can see that. He'd probably try to defuse situations with enemies by using a Pale Blue Dot-esque speech about the profundity of existence; a charismatic Dr. Dugong without the thalidomide and cuttlefish. If they're still hostile after that, well, time to turn them back into star stuff.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Sereri posted:

I've got some extra L from last season that are too big for me. Maybe we should talk?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really want to know more about Gary's relationship with his mom. He was kidnapped when he was in the eighth grade. Apparently he's actually from the area that the monarch operates in. When did he go back home to tell his mom he was still alive?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I remember reading about how they hadn’t written for Dana in a long time and I thought that meant the Triad was gonna just fade into the background so seeing them front and center had me CRAZY hyped for season next. I really hated the setting swap and thought it was pretty disappointing but this is already shaping up to be some next level stuff

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tatsuta Age posted:

I've got some extra L from last season that are too big for me. Maybe we should talk?

What you got, cause I might be interested too, I kept missing out the last couple of times

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sereri posted:

!!!! Message sent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jgthirlwell/status/1021382417171525633

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I still remember how crushed they were about Bowie’s death. I mean it shows how much fans they were in this series (apart from the Soverign). But yeah rip half their budget. :v:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shindragon posted:

I still remember how crushed they were about Bowie’s death. I mean it shows how much fans they were in this series (apart from the Soverign). But yeah rip half their budget. :v:

Didn't they spend half the season 2 budget on that song that played while Brock chased Rusty around the world?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

prefect posted:

Didn't they spend half the season 2 budget on that song that played while Brock chased Rusty around the world?

Worth every penny

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

prefect posted:

Correct. IIRC the season 2 commentary starts out with a voicemail from one of the AS people saying they can't afford it and they'll have to use the alternative song. Doc and Jackson then go on for a few minutes about how they didn't have an alternate and had to blow half the budget on 3 minutes at the start of the season.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Music license is stupid expensive. But yeah it was so worth it. The music and animation syncing was perfect. It’s probably one of the most repeated episodes I watch for season 2 not just for that but them giving us the death montage, and how nonchalant Rusty is for being stuck in a wall.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do love the joke that the Council of Thirteen are replaying the Monarch's memories but don't have the music rights to the song that the Monarch outright names that he first made love to Dr Girlfriend to.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It wasn't until a week ago that I realized Dr. Dugong is Wide Wale's brother

revolther
May 27, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do love the joke that the Council of Thirteen are replaying the Monarch's memories but don't have the music rights to the song that the Monarch outright names that he first made love to Dr Girlfriend to.

Did we ever process of elimination what Sugarcubes song it was though?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Shindragon posted:

Music license is stupid expensive. But yeah it was so worth it. The music and animation syncing was perfect. It’s probably one of the most repeated episodes I watch for season 2 not just for that but them giving us the death montage, and how nonchalant Rusty is for being stuck in a wall.

Well I mean except for that the animation is sped up by about 1.5x, presumably because the replacement song they had assumed they would have to use was much slower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Data Graham posted:

Well I mean except for that the animation is sped up by about 1.5x, presumably because the replacement song they had assumed they would have to use was much slower

They didn't have a replacement song. That's the whole point. It was already animated with Everybody's Free (to Feel Good) in mind.