Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
what if Scare Bear mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hosed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Scare bear is the pirate captain.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I wonder if Scare Bear is actually a guild member or even a villain at all, maybe they're just a weirdo who likes walking around dressed as a bear and carrying knife. This isn't their day job, it's just their weekend hobby.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I wonder if Scare Bear is actually a guild member or even a villain at all, maybe they're just a weirdo who likes walking around dressed as a bear and carrying knife. This isn't their day job, it's just their weekend hobby.

I could definitely see the Doom Factory bringing him to their party because they think it's a brilliant way to make it unique

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Really effin disappointed in Dean. poor Hank doesn't deserve this!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Alright, fine. I admit it. I’m Scare Bear.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mega64 posted:

Alright, fine. I admit it. I’m Scare Bear.

*I* AM SPARTACUS SCARE BEAR!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I hope that Scare Bear is just a literal regular bear.

That is dressed as a bear.

That's why the costume is filthy. Bears don't know how to do laundry.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Scare bear is Dermot. And I hate the love triangle.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Scare Bear is a fixture of the New York costumed weirdo community.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lord Frisk posted:

Scare bear is Dermot. And I hate the love triangle.

Love triangles are the worst and I can't wait for this one to be over.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Scare Bear is a fixture of the New York costumed weirdo community.

Scare Bear saw all these super villains running around New York and (s)he thought "Man, these people are always freaking people out. I wonder what would freak THEM out?" and so now Scare Bear shows up at villain gathering dressed up like the mascot from Hell and breathes heavily just because (s)he can. No one has EVER asked Scare Bear what (s)he's doing there because they're all so freaked out.

Scare Bear is a legend.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 1, 2018

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I am the only one who thinks ScareBear just randomly came across Hank in the snow and took him to Dean's dorm because Hank ASKED him to?

axelblaze posted:

It is going to be hilarious when Scare Bear isn't even brought up in the next week's episode.

This is probably what's going to end up happening, maybe we might get Dean asking Hank "Who was the guy in the bear suit anyway?" and Hank just shrugs and its never mentioned again.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I hope Scare Bear is nobody important and it drives nerds nuts for years.

Scare Bear is Snoke/Rey’s dad

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Machai posted:

In addition to time travel, we also have alternate dimensions. What if Scare Bear is an alternate universe Teddy?

loving fat chance :rolleyes:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Fat Chance was way too large to be Scare Bear.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The shirt is so gonna be the Karate studio logo.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
“I feel 6 feet tall”. Hahaha

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Scare Bear is obviously Sally Impossible.

The costume hides her powers from accidentally manifesting, I think the first appearance WAS to intimidate Prof. Impossible, and Sue Storm had an evil alter-ego for a while in the 90s. She's using the knife to kill people to make a Buffalo Bill skinsuit to wear as Sally without worrying about her powers.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Dean deserves to get some. Good for you Dean, good for you.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Spoiler tags can now be dropped until Friday

One thing I really like in the episode is how Doc and Billy come out of the time machine, indicating that Billy and Doc will continue going on adventures. They've always had an uneven relationship with Billy hero worshiping Rusty and Rusty being very reluctant to admit that he's friends with someone like Billy, so it's honestly kind of sweet to think that they'll eventually just form an adventuring duo which is a pretty nice future for both of them.

Also it is funny that both Dean and Hank have had pretty messed up first times but both for reasons that don't involve the actual sex but who they did it with.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
How did S-464 get from Doc and Billy on the plane back to the Guild to have his brain messed with? They said something about a prisoner exchange but I didn't quite follow.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe they just let him go when they got back to Ventech building. He went to the guild, and then they brainwiped him as punishment.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Omnomnomnivore posted:

How did S-464 get from Doc and Billy on the plane back to the Guild to have his brain messed with? They said something about a prisoner exchange but I didn't quite follow.

Yeah I don't quite get the sequence of events either, it wasn't explained well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Some of these episodes have had very tight plotting. Like, The Morphic Trilogy. Some have been a little "loose", like The Forecast Manufacturer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There was a lot of very painful sounding and looking head trauma in this episode.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Some of these episodes have had very tight plotting. Like, The Morphic Trilogy. Some have been a little "loose", like The Forecast Manufacturer.

Some of them are written by Publick and others are written by Hammer.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Dragonstoned posted:

I am the only one who thinks ScareBear just randomly came across Hank in the snow and took him to Dean's dorm because Hank ASKED him to?

Try considering the scenario by limiting your knowledge to what a random stranger in a scary bear suit would know when he found a blond kid with a head wound in the snow, and the kid was asking to be taken to his brother's place.

• Scare Bear (hereinafter SB) has to know who Dean is if Dean were asked for by name. Otherwise, he'd have to know who Hank was, and he'd have to know who Hank's brother was.
  • SB would have to know where Dean lived, down to the exact dorm in the correct building.
  • Hank would have to ask to see Dean in the first place instead of just asking for help (implying a request for medical assistance).
  • Hank would have to ask to see Dean instead of Sirena, his girlfriend and the entire reason he Ventured out into the storm in the first place.
  • Hank would not seem surprised to find himself being taken to Dean's dorm room instead of, say, a hospital.

Each one of those items is pretty unlikely to be true. The odds that all of those things happened are extremely remote. Then again, this is Venture Bros. Lining up all of these unlikely elements and explaining them might be a clever homage to Dirk Gently.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I assume they brought S464 back to VenTech, handed him over to the OSI, and then the OSI traded him to the GCI for an OSI prisoner being held by the GCI.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

axelblaze posted:

One thing I really like in the episode is how Doc and Billy come out of the time machine, indicating that Billy and Doc will continue going on adventures. They've always had an uneven relationship with Billy hero worshiping Rusty and Rusty being very reluctant to admit that he's friends with someone like Billy, so it's honestly kind of sweet to think that they'll eventually just form an adventuring duo which is a pretty nice future for both of them.

I'm okay with this so long as the ever-popular Pete White doesn't get 24ed :ohdear:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

This was probably my favorite episode of the season. People went on missions/adventures! There was still some guild/OSI politicking but it was tolerable.

E: who gave Pete mono?

qirex fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 1, 2018

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Bad shirt this week :( Think they've pretty much run out of options.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

tarlibone posted:

Try considering the scenario by limiting your knowledge to what a random stranger in a scary bear suit would know when he found a blond kid with a head wound in the snow, and the kid was asking to be taken to his brother's place.

• Scare Bear (hereinafter SB) has to know who Dean is if Dean were asked for by name. Otherwise, he'd have to know who Hank was, and he'd have to know who Hank's brother was.
  • SB would have to know where Dean lived, down to the exact dorm in the correct building.
  • Hank would have to ask to see Dean in the first place instead of just asking for help (implying a request for medical assistance).
  • Hank would have to ask to see Dean instead of Sirena, his girlfriend and the entire reason he Ventured out into the storm in the first place.
  • Hank would not seem surprised to find himself being taken to Dean's dorm room instead of, say, a hospital.

Each one of those items is pretty unlikely to be true. The odds that all of those things happened are extremely remote. Then again, this is Venture Bros. Lining up all of these unlikely elements and explaining them might be a clever homage to Dirk Gently.

OR someone who lives near the University (and likes to freak people out) would know somewhat where the dormitories are? As for the exact location Hank is still semi coherent enough to point out the building/room that Dean is in.

Would it be so hard to believe that Hank is a little confused about what to do and would say something along the lines of "Hey Dean would know what to do, he's the smart one, take me to Dean magic murder bear! <whispers> he lives in the dorms on campus... Hey can we stop to get snacks on the way?"

He's not the brightest bulb in the box to begin with so seeking medical attention when he needs it isn't a priority for him.

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 1, 2018

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Did anyone else entertain the possibility that S464 was lying to Kimberly in order to get back at her? Their relationship has been pretty rocky so far.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Scare Bear is Kim from season 2 episode 6 "Victor. Echo. November." finally getting around to arching the Venture Brothers

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It's jealous triana, who sleeps with hank for revenge, but ends up with sirena. Let's make this a love complete graph. :regd08:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just wait til Doc hears that Dean is getting more tail than him.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, i like this. It's like the outsider art of villany. Scare Bear is the fuckin Wesley Willis of arching : a naive dope who's finally gotten his time in the spotlight for no good discernable reason at all.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just enjoyed that Hank was pretending to play for the Steelers.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I hated that part actually. :colbert: Overall episode was pretty good bummer of an ending though. I am guessing the guild got sick of dudes shenanigans and brain washed him so they stop it. I mean his use of being an under cover agent is over with what two PP guys dead now?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 1, 2018

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I can’t remember, who threw the soda can at rusty and billy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Has the possibility of Brock as SB been raised? Seems like it makes good sense, other than "where and why did he get that specific costume."

otherwise I choose to believe SB is a random-rear end serial-killer-cosplaying furry on the street in NYC during a blizzard, which doesn't sound like much of a reach