Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Red posted:

(Hank is looking at a list of supervillains in a Guild of Calamitous Intent handbook)
Hank: Man, this is the coolest book ever! There's a guy in here who guards his headquarters with robot cheetahs!
The Monarch: Oh yeah, The Zoo Creeper. Oh, hey, am I in there?
Hank: Ummmmmm, nope.
The Monarch: M, for (shakes fist, intimidating glare) MONARCH!!
Hank: Uh-uh.
The Monarch: Try T, for (same fist-shaking and intimidating glare) THE MONARCH!!
Hank: Hmm, nothin'.
They really need to figure out how to have more Hank/Monarch interactions along with Brock/Monarch interactions.

Hank: I had to sleep in my clothes. Now I feel gross wearing them two days in a row!
The Monarch: You're kidding me, right? That's the only outfit I've ever seen you in!
Hank: Well, that doesn't mean I never wash it.
The Monarch: Fair enough. Number 27! Get the kid a change of clothes! (Looking at Brock) How 'bout you? You ok?
Brock: I didn't sleep in my clothes.
The Monarch: 27! Burn his sheets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Timeless Appeal posted:

They really need to figure out how to have more Hank/Monarch interactions along with Brock/Monarch interactions.

Hank: I had to sleep in my clothes. Now I feel gross wearing them two days in a row!
The Monarch: You're kidding me, right? That's the only outfit I've ever seen you in!
Hank: Well, that doesn't mean I never wash it.
The Monarch: Fair enough. Number 27! Get the kid a change of clothes! (Looking at Brock) How 'bout you? You ok?
Brock: I didn't sleep in my clothes.
The Monarch: 27! Burn his sheets!

It's true!

The Monarch: Well, Hank, what's it like to be a... liar? Huh? You like being a liar with pants constantly on fire?
Tiny Attorney: Objection your honor, leading.
The Monarch: I'll rephrase that: Hank, are you a liar?
Hank: No sir, I don't think so.
The Monarch: Yes you are!
Dean: You're the liar!
The Monarch: And may I remind you, that I am rubber and you are glue and whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!

The Impaler posted:

Yeah, pretty sure the joke with LRH is that once defeated, his Thetan escapes.
Good episode, but I'm beginning to feel the absence of Orpheus.

"Mount me, Billy!"

I'm also missing Orpheus. Hopefully we'll have some Triad action in the near future. Also the Revenge Soiety.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

tacyak posted:

I'm also missing Orpheus. Hopefully we'll have some Triad action in the near future. Also the Revenge Soiety.

Hey, and are we married to that name? 'Revenge Society'? I was thinking perhaps, 'The Violet Hour'. That's T.S. Elliott.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I loved "The Purple Pros".

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Sereri posted:

Not going to happen for me. He opens his mouth and all I hear is "I am Hank doing an upper class impression"

Its maddening.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I forgot that Hank and Monarch had an episode together. I was impressed with how often they had characters who shared the same voice actor do scenes together in Season 4 and that episode is from the first season.

I'm really hoping Killinger makes a return to the Venture compound for Dean.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Miltank posted:

Its maddening.

I honestly don't hear it at all.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Begemot posted:

Yeah, from my point of view Hank's voice is way higher and more enthusiastic, and if he did a "high class accent" it'd be all sarcastic and wouldn't sound like St. Cloud at all. I just don't hear it.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I'd prefer more Brock and less Hatred. I like Hatred but more as a recurring character than as supporting.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Slamhound posted:

I'd prefer more Brock and less Hatred. I like Hatred but more as a recurring character than as supporting.
Someone needs to formally take his place as the bodyguard so he can formally take his place as the Team Mom with a pistol he uses sometimes.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Someone needs to formally take his place as the bodyguard so he can formally take his place as the Team Mom with a pistol he uses sometimes.

I just love Hatred, man. I think he's the best bodyguard the Ventures could have.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Eh, just more Brock would be fine then.

"We have to go back, Brock. He's family."

"Get the gently caress out of here!"

"Almost had you going!"

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

2house2fly posted:

I loved "The Purple Pros".

The Purple Prose

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Red posted:

(Hank is looking at a list of supervillains in a Guild of Calamitous Intent handbook)
Hank: Man, this is the coolest book ever! There's a guy in here who guards his headquarters with robot cheetahs!
The Monarch: Oh yeah, The Zoo Creeper. Oh, hey, am I in there?
Hank: Ummmmmm, nope.
The Monarch: M, for (shakes fist, intimidating glare) MONARCH!!
Hank: Uh-uh.
The Monarch: Try T, for (same fist-shaking and intimidating glare) THE MONARCH!!
Hank: Hmm, nothin'.

And now that we know The Monarch was never an officially licensed Guild Villain, it makes sense he wasn't in that book.

Though one would think he'd know he wouldn't be in there.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
It would be pretty funny if the Monarch and Rusty are half or step brothers and Rusty has been giving him a portion of his trust fund every month which the Monarch uses to troll Rusty.

Rusty never noticed it because he was too lazy to actually look where they money was going.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Begemot posted:

Same here.

I agree we need more Monarch and Hank just chatting. Or Brock and The Monarch.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

evilwaldo posted:

It would be pretty funny if the Monarch and Rusty are half or step brothers and Rusty has been giving him a portion of his trust fund every month which the Monarch uses to troll Rusty.

Rusty never noticed it because he was too lazy to actually look where they money was going.

Certainly in line with what we can expect from Rusty. Especially if it were under Rusty's control the whole time, and he could have pulled the plug whenever he wanted.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Android Blues posted:

I just love Hatred, man. I think he's the best bodyguard the Ventures could have.
Why? Just curious, I too love Hatred as the body-guard/Team Mom.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Personally, I think the Monarch/Rusty thing is going to end up hilariously anticlimactic. His parents were friends of Jonas, they played together as kids, Rusty does something that makes the Monarch develop his insane grudge. But he doesn't even remember what it was anymore, just that he really hates Rusty Venture, and has for as long as he can remember.

The place crash was just a place crash. No secret half-brothers or anything. The trust fund is from his parents, who were rich. I mean, they're obviously rich from what we've seen in flashbacks. Why do people think the money is coming from the Ventures somehow?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Yes, I know what it's a reference to. But they wear purple, and they're professionals, so it's a pun. So I always figured anyway.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I can't believe people still expect massive show changing twists from the same people that brought you 'O.R.B.'

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I can't believe people still expect massive show changing twists from the same people that brought you 'O.R.B.'
Well, they're also the guys who brought us a massive 'twist' in a Holiday special of all things, so yeah, I guess we can expect everything. They're also the guys who had the brass balls to just change the whole dynamic of the main characters between two seasons.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

evilwaldo posted:

You'd think Killinger would've noticed.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Speaking of, where are we with the Halloween special twist? The new season obviously started just after Operation P.R.O.M., but are the current episodes before or after Dean found out about being a clone?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
The Halloween episode happened during a commercial break in the first episode timeline wise.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So does episode 1 happen on and off throughout the season? Are we slowly moving through that timeline? Or does only the Halloween episode happen offscreen during episode 1?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

it looks like 1 happened, the Halloween episode happened during it, then the rest of them happen. There was nothing to suggest the Monarch's appearance the other week was before his appearance in ep 1.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Actually, we know for a fact that everything is happening AFTER episode 1. Sphinx was blown up, so the fact that it still existed at the end of Cleansuit makes the timeline clear.

Same with non-walking-eye Helper.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All this complaining about St Cloud's voice has just made me read the entire thread in St Cloud's voice.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Eat the pennies.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I got an email from Titmouse that shirts are shipping.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

2house2fly posted:

it looks like 1 happened, the Halloween episode happened during it, then the rest of them happen. There was nothing to suggest the Monarch's appearance the other week was before his appearance in ep 1.

During the airing of the first episode there was a bumper saying the Halloween episode happened now. I believe it was during the first commercial break.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

Pope Guilty posted:

You'd think Killinger would've noticed.

...or Rusty never paid attention. He had Sphynx operating in his backyard for years and never noticed.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

muscles like this? posted:

All this complaining about St Cloud's voice has just made me read the entire thread in St Cloud's voice.

I just read the spergish stuff now in St Cloud's voice

It's an improvement over Comic Book Guy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I don't understand the hate for St. Cloud either, eat the pennies quiz boy is my new favorite venture bros quote.

At least until there's a new Shoreleave heavy episode.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
One thing that struck me was that Hank still seems to be going around in an androgynous body suit and in a rock band, at least for this episode.

Given the still vaguely-villainous reputation of Sphinx despite he and Gary's best intentions, Hank seems to on his way towards maybe becoming the next Bowie.

VVV
edit: Not so much the suit, I guess, but he's doing a female and male look with the robot lady body and his typically male-looking face, head and hair with the total package. It's like an inverse of Ziggy Stardust.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 27, 2013

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

What part of that suit is androgynous?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Dynamite Dog posted:

What part of that suit is androgynous?

The breasts. Look at Sgt. Hatred!

Adbot