Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

tarlibone posted:

That's the part that takes a ludicrous and funny intro scene to a new level. I can believe that Twenty-One would do the sound effects and sing the rhythmic ostinato from "Mars, Bringer of War" upon his epic return to Monarch duty. That's goofy and fun. But the idea that Twenty-Four would pull up, singing the melody line in time with his partner in costumed villiany? Hilarious.

I have looped that scene before. It is so great. When the door opens and he falls, vanishing into darkness? I lose it every time. I wonder how many doors he fell through, one after the other, before the curvature of the halls wrapped around enough so that he could grab onto the walls to stop himself.

I like to think he was wishing he had some sort of floating platform he could summon on whim during that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

I like to think he was wishing he had some sort of floating platform he could summon on whim during that time.

A butter glider, of sorts

Unmature
May 9, 2008
My friends and I have a lot of VB quotes in rotation but one of the main ones is “Shcoobeh-Dew Monshtah Game”

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
His one quote when you gain weight.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Oh poo poo, it’s Chuck Scarsdale! Hide, or we’ll be on the news!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've never experienced the level of anguish Captain Sunshine did as he moaned "WONDERBOY."

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

You. Broke. My. Heart.

*smooch*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Best joke of the series

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
drat, Cap, another one?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Omnomnomnivore posted:

introducing the new copter 5

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What I don't get is how Desmond was able to train Chuck Scarsdale to have captain sunshine powers.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cojawfee posted:

What I don't get is how Desmond was able to train Chuck Scarsdale to have captain sunshine powers.

I honestly can't see it as anything besides My Hero Academia did it for the main character

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

That or an emergency blood transfusion, and make it kinda like Mar-vell and Carol Danvers.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

LashLightning posted:

That or an emergency blood transfusion, and make it kinda like Mar-vell and Carol Danvers.

True but having to eat someone's hair(or possibly some other bodily part or fluid) is funnier

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

drrockso20 posted:

True but having to eat someone's hair(or possibly some other bodily part or fluid) pennies is funnier

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

PostNouveau posted:

Best joke of the series
I think I agree with this

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So you poop pennies, big deal!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Fun thing is that basically makes The Monarch one of Captain Sunshine's very own Jokers, what with killing one of his sidekicks and all.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I mean, he's still super fit. But when you get up real close, he's totally hitting that age where men start to look like somebody's aunt.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I forgot that "The Rusty Venture" sex act runner was part of Operation P.R.O.M.

"To settle a bet... Yes with Shore Leave"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

SomeJazzyRat posted:

If you haven't heard it, chase down the uncensored clip/audio of that. It's honestly up there with the dirtiest renditions of The Aristocrats.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It's time to rewatch this show from start to finish I think.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I still hold that Brock's definition is probably the correct one

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If you haven't heard it, chase down the uncensored clip/audio of that. It's honestly up there with the dirtiest renditions of The Aristocrats.

The dirtiest thing I ever did was for a thread on another site where people were making up their own definitions of what a Rusty Venture is and came up with one that even Colonel Gentleman would probably find too daring for his tastes

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003
I loved how The Grand Galactic Inquisitor was watching Rusty's dream.

'THAT WAS A WEIRD ONE!'

Great, you can read my mind.

'IGNORE ME! .......YES, I CAN.'

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

that even Colonel Gentleman would probably find too daring for his tastes

You can't just tease us

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

so this post I'm linking to is responding to most all of the relevant posts for the topic, mine is one of them, I won't say which one though(feel free to guess, I'd offer a prize for guessing correctly but I'm kinda broke right now);

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/113449437/#q113475256

it's an archive of a 4chan thread so the usual warnings about SA's little brother apply

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

youre a weird dude

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

youre a weird dude

Eh the whole point of that thing was to come up with the grossest and/or most pathetic sex act imaginable, it has no reflection on my actual preferences

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Why can't I hear them?"
"Because you are sane!"

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Rauri posted:

"Why can't I hear them?"
"Because you are sane!"
That one, right there. I think that's the one that makes me laugh the most. Especially combined with Dragoon's previous comments of "That is a mug." and "Am I missing something here ?".

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rauri posted:

"Why can't I hear them?"
"Because you are sane!"

totally applies to 4chan

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

X_Toad posted:

That one, right there. I think that's the one that makes me laugh the most. Especially combined with Dragoon's previous comments of "That is a mug." and "Am I missing something here ?".

That entire scene is gold.

"I leave you alone for 5 minutes, and you become a Vaudeville routine."
"Well MAYBE its because you turned us into a hackneyed premise!"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"She's not a wereodile, she's epileptic."
"Ew"

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know if it was intentional on the part of the authors, but Dragoon feels like a good example of those senior citizens who are some of the most active and fittest one moment but then degrade quickly. When we see his face for the first time, he gets up and throws Phantom Limb around the limb and he's easily the most energetic between him and Red Mantle, but further appearances show him having trouble with his memory (the wacky races thing), do some incoherent rambling that worries Red Mantle and have a need for naps and long bedtime.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Rauri posted:

"Why can't I hear them?"
"Because you are sane!"

"The man is a fruit loop."
"Fruit loop as a fox!"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I love the pool battle. Every single thing in this scene is just amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2riRlpiOcfI

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

X_Toad posted:

I don't know if it was intentional on the part of the authors, but Dragoon feels like a good example of those senior citizens who are some of the most active and fittest one moment but then degrade quickly. When we see his face for the first time, he gets up and throws Phantom Limb around the limb and he's easily the most energetic between him and Red Mantle, but further appearances show him having trouble with his memory (the wacky races thing), do some incoherent rambling that worries Red Mantle and have a need for naps and long bedtime.

I think the deal is meant to be that Dragoon's thing has always been as a very physically active villain, but clearly well past his prime, what with managing to terminally injure himself fighting off Phantom Limb and needing to get sewn onto Red Mantle. Basically like Brock or Hatred given an extra half century. Mantle doesn't have as much of an issue as a wizard, since as we all know wizards live longer and can get by being physically frail when they have incredible magical power.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"So we don't have to sit through hours of me abusing myself to Markie Post?"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Rauri posted:

"Why can't I hear them?"
"Because you are sane!"

So many good quotes in that episode.

X_Toad posted:

"That is ridiculous, you are ridicu--THIS IS RIDICULOUS, SIR!!"
"Oh. Well, my mistake. So I guess I'll just... murder you."
"Ohh, no, wait a second! No, that sounds like a fun thing for us to do!"
"Oh, yes, totally! I'm into it!"

I also love the banter between Mantle and Dragoon that starts up because they're forced to share a body, but continues throughout the remainder of the series.

"What is this, an episode of Gilligan's Island? Everybody gets hit once and they are instantly unconscious?"
"Good one! Six bucks says he has amnesia when he wakes up."

But this is probably my favorite exchange in that episode, because, to be honest, the first time I saw this episode, I was also waiting for this line to be said:

Mantle: Two heads are better than one!
Dragoon: What does that have to do with anything?
Mantle: Nothing. I've just been wanting to say that all day; I got sick of waiting for an opportunity!

It's such a cliché line. Of course a character with two heads would say that at some point. Or someone would say it for them. I love that they threw it in for no reason, hand-waving it by revealing that Red Mantle had the line on deck, but got tired of waiting for some mystery to come up that would have taken both he and Dragoon together to solve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PostNouveau posted:

Best joke of the series

Just lemme be clear here, what makes this funny is mostly the situation, right? The delivery, the tension, the chaos of the fight scene, Cap shrieking in pain and terror as he comes running from the helicopter, and then ... that line just sort of hits sideways and wrong. Right?

Because I'm not sure I get what's so incredibly funny about recognizing him primarily as Scarsdale and wanting to avoid him. I mean it's funny, it's not, like ... best joke in the series funny. To me anyway??