Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Comrade Quack posted:

The AstroBase is in Manhattan because that's where Doc and Jackson are. There is a tour of the AstroBase on one of the extras of an early season. It's probably not as posh as you're expecting.

Years ago, probably between seasons 1 and 2, I was doing some IT work in a construction company's temporary field office in Manhattan. On the way in, I noticed Astrobase Go was one of the other tenants in the building.

The elevator was one of the more frightening ones I've been on, the walls and floors didn't seem to meet up at quite the right angles, and there were tacked up wires and patched areas on every surface.

The office I was in was on a different floor, so I didn't see it. But if it was like the rest of the building, it was probably about the lowest rent you could get in Manhattan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah, phantom limb is both where an amputee feels a limb that isn't there, and a guy with invisible limbs.

And he dresses kind of like The Phantom.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The way the flashback is presented implied Z just found the switch. It would actually make sense for Jonas to install one, he could switch Venturion to evil when he needed him to do his dirty work.

I’m pretty sure they showed that exact spot as a blank panel until after Dr. Z finished rebuilding him.

I suppose the switch could have been under that panel, but it didn’t look like there would have been room.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Rodney's not going to recover. Remember Orpheus called his death as happening in "two years, seventeen days...of a stroke."

Also explains why he knew what happened.

I wonder if the stroke happening and OG Team Venture leaving was a plot contrivance to get them out of the room so there wouldn't be anyone present able to piece together Malcolm = Monarch = Blue Morpho's kid = Doc's childhood friend.

Monarch seems to be the only one to have pretty much all the pieces - he knew Blue Morpho was his dad, he realized at the end who Vendata actually was, he has the picture of himself as a kid with Rusty, but nobody seems to know why they don't actually remember each other and where things went wrong there. One of the old team probably knows what happened there, but they probably think Malcolm died in the plane crash.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Best moment was Brock and the V falling with the quick poo poo

Also why didn't Pete White just shrink the big V?

Does the shrink ray work on objects or just living things?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I wonder if the sequence of events is something like Malcolm knew original Rusty, clone Rusty didn't have a full set of memories due to prototype technology and didn't remember him, child Malcolm gets pissed off due to his best friend/half brother not remembering him at all (possibly right after his parents died and he tried to reunite?), and held a grudge for the rest of his life even though the memory of exactly why faded.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Red posted:

Was that without Robin Williams?

Yeah, Dan Castellaneta did the voice. Apparently Robin Williams' contract said they wouldn't have Genie be over a certain size in the posters or use his voice in the merchandising, and they did both of those. He did come back for one of the sequels after they apologized.

I had always heard as a kid that it was specifically a talking pen that broke the contract, but it looks like it was a lot of stuff.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if literally raiding Jonas' dumpster was basically a shortcut to a pick and mix supervillain scheme.

I think in or near the scene where Dr. Z found Venturion/Vendata, he mentioned that he would collect Jonas’ old stuff to use against him. Hence the army of recalled Helpers and drill thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

QuarkJets posted:

Oh sure, I love Hank Hank

There’s a “Yarn Boutique” named Hank that I drive past on the way to a friend’s house. I think of the Hank Hank introduction every time.