Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Pretty much any line from the episode where Hank gets laid, but outside of that I loving adore Geathers and Brock riffing on the strippers sad tits. Mournful tits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB_jvznaNM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Butterfly kisses! I learned these in prison.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Order now! Venchmen are standing by.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

RIP

He died for 21's character development.

"He's like Mr. Belvedere. He cured my Herpes!"

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

"It's kinda like naked skydiving into a mound of warm whipped cream"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6yL1zzrOvg

Everybody Come to Hank's is a perfect episode and easily my favorite.

And Hank has such a loving smooth line:

"What is that your lucky hat?"

"I'll tell you in the morning"

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

They call us abomination together we form abomi Nation!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

gonna need to get that art book.

just started rewatching the series again and somehow I’m still surprised how much this show cracks me up. and true to the avatar Henry Killinger remains a work of perfect genius.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Venturestein speech “you beautiful vivisected angel” where he throws out “They call us abomination, now we form A Bomb a NATION” is such stupid but hilarious wordplay. I knew it was coming but it still gets a big laugh every time.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

in general i feel like they’re too good at creating intriguing characters and do a good job of trying to build character arcs to move things forward bc almost all of my complaints are about how some characters don’t get included enough.

for instance I could watch an entire series just with Hank doing noir detective mysteries with Al as his sidekick. I know that’s unrealistic and I’d just settle for getting more Al in any capacity. (And i would trade that for less phantom limb, the least interesting character in my opinion in return)

LividLiquid posted:

I think it was Abomi-Nation. He wanted a home for all the weird science experiments gone wrong.

Yep you’re right. I always catch the back half.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Mall cops, naked hot tub explosions, and Red Death is a pretty solid list of things to fear.

I forgot how loving cool they made Red Death but it makes sense, he’s basically filling the Dr. Killinger void.

Speaking of Red Death, sadly I just finished my rewatch of the whole series and it bears repeating, Jonas Venture Sr was an rear end in a top hat of truly meteoric proportions. Godbless Vendata for killing his rear end.

Kinda wish we could get a whole solo Hank season too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

For sure the movie won’t release until after May once they launch the merged version of Discovery+ and HBO Max (it’s just called Max). I imagine it’s part of that slate of content they’re going to use to drive subscriber growth for the rest of the year after the relaunch.

Also switched between this and another thread too quickly and I read this as an in universe Venture Bros arching gone wrong:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1646...agenumber%3D748

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 13, 2023