Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, this is an awesome episode.

TEDDY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Doc had some good moments too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Rusty is surprisingly well adjusted all things considered. I mean, he never committed premeditated murder after all.

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hank has the best alternate identities. Private Dick Hank, Enrique Matassa, Batman. Dean really needs to step up his game if he ever wants to get laid.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm leaning towards the boys being abandoned by their mother with Rusty not actually knowing for sure who she was other than someone he slept with.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do tell please

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not prepared to rule out the Marilyn Monroe, one whose clone accidentally overdosed. And also a burn victim probably.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hank and Dean are twins. If she didn't give birth to Dean than she didn't give birth to Hank either.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I could see Dr. Venture becoming a villain if Jonas killed his kids permanently.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Sovereign probably saw it as the quickest, easiest way to squash The Phantom's claims of usurpation.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wish Dr. O weren't Triana's dad just so he could steer Dean down the right path.

Are there any people in the venture universe who marry magic to super science?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if The Monarch and Doc are cousins.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Vendata as the Monarch's dad theory has a major hole in it.

Rusty and The Monarch are both about the same age. The Monarch's parents died when he was 8. If Vendata was made in 1976 from a freshly killed Monarch Dad then the Monarch would have been born in 1968. Rusty was already a boy adventurer in 1968: that's when he was first taken to Spanikopeta.

Edit: Misplaced a sentence.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

Who's to say he was made out of freshly killed Monarch Dad? Maybe he was on ice for a decade before they made him.

Why would Jonas bother? Lives to him are a dime a dozen. Death is just a part of the super-science game.

Oh god that episode! I was completely certain that Mol planted the clues on Billy's DVDs as a set-up. Why risk your own life trying to bump off your three fiercest competitors when you can have Brock Sampson do it for you?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 15, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's strongly implied. But it was also strongly implied that Zandau killed Dr. Venture's grandfather.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jonas has dozens of half-siblings he doesn't know about and he bedded several them.

Edit: Oops, I thought we were still making up crazy venture theories

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

Brock normally doesn't have sex with important women, normally he just bangs some chick that will never show up again.

Has Brock found true love? Or at least an actual girlfriend?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's also the book "What Color is your Parachute"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Doc Hammer is on twitter talking about poop: https://twitter.com/thedochammer.

It's fun imagining Rusty and the other's reading the tweets.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They would have won the costume contest too if SOMEONE didn't insist on being Batman.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
On the plus side the Revenge Society and the Moppet's can't spy on The Monarch as easily as before.

Edit: I'm surprised at how well Hank and Dean adapted to life with their godfathers.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 22, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have a similar beef with a similar show James Urbaniac is on: The Thrilling Adventure Hour. I don't recall a single recurring female character on the show who isn't defined in some way by her romantic relationships. It's also written by a two-man duo.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Didn't someone in this thread call it as Kruger mansion?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There was also Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of divisive opinions, do you have a favorite dead clone? Deanbortion counts.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That's from the premiere of season 4.75. The invisible season.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The talk about Billy being his own father got me thinking about Doc and the Monarch's own parents. What if Rusty and the Monarch are full-blood brothers?

Here's how it could work. Jonas and Mom Venture get divorced while Rusty is still a baby. Jonas assumes complete legal custody of Rusty because why would he need a mother anyways? Mom Venture remarries and becomes Mom Monarch but she still messes around with Jonas from time to time. It is the 60's after all.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How can you hate on Spanikopeta? It's like the one time of the year Doc actually feels happy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It would get bonus points if it shows Jonas hooking up with the Monarch's mom.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh god. That'd be why they're called the number 7's huh? Brock had to kill Dean 6. :-(

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Be sure to read the tweets in the voice of Doc Venture.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Doc Hammer voices Billy but could you imagine Billy detailing his stools in this way? Rusty definitely would.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The group is made up of Dr. Venture, Professor Impossible, Phantom Limb, someone who is probably The Alchemist, and someone who might be Sergeant Hatred.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AGirlWonder posted:

Thank God I'm not the only one. That cartoon has scarred me for life.

For some reason I never saw that episode. Just the ones with "Bob and Margaret", "The Lumberjacks Waltz", "The Cat Came Back", that one about the kid who get appendicitis, and the one about the kid who gets the wrong sweater.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
According to The Venture Brothers wiki1/8th of the episodes budget was used to license the Aquagen remix of Rozalla's "Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
DOC LIVES!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That was amazing, I'm glad I stayed up to catch it. I wonder if Richard will try to make things right with Sally.

I wasn't able to get the epilogue to load on the adultswim site but it's also on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDRIMO7AL8U

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

WarpedLichen posted:

RIP Scott Hall, one of my favorite characters in the series.

His name is Zero! He henches for no one.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else get faked out by Jonas Junior's envy for his brothers body?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Adding on to that theory about Billy being a son of Jonas Venture, I've got a pet theory that the Monarch is too. He did get around and the monarchs parents did visit the compound at least once.

It's a long shot for now, but then again I was right about the orb story line being a setup by Molotov and her team.

Edit: I keep forgetting to type out the entire thought before hitting post. I don't catch it during proofreading either. :-/