Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Any know if this episode will also be put up on Adult Swim's YouTube channel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Umph posted:

Everyone enjoying the new season so far? I feel like it's not scratching the itch I hoped it would. I don't know if it's been too long or my expectations from how fantastic the last season was, or if the drugs have ruined my pleasure center.

Thus far, I think it's brilliant. Unbelievably funny in parts. Seconding the love for the episodic nature, at the moment, though I doubt I'll be upset if this season has some heavier bits to it. These first two episodes (I'm not counting the Halloween episode) have been great and I think they'd work wonderfully as introductions to friends of mine who've never watched it--though there's a lot of baggage that wouldn't make sense if you went back to Season 1 (lack of Brock, competent Gary, emo-Dean, Hatred's breasts, etc.).

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

thexerox123 posted:

Deadpool was also part of Weapon X.

I think you're conflating it with Department K, which runs Weapon X.

Also, the "X" is a Roman numeral. So Wolverine is actually Weapon 10 in a series of similar experiments.

:comicbooks:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pope Guilty posted:

Hatred's been shown holding his own while struggling with Gary/21, so he's not entirely out of shape.

He's also pretty competent with a rifle.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Comrade Quack posted:

If we really want to pick apart everything lets argue about why the Monarchs had to talk Rusty into letting them in to the tunnels when they were able to get in and had maps in Operation P.R.O.M.

Because they're superVILLAINS, not superamateurs. It's way more awesome to go all Scooby Doo on the Venture compound with "Beaver Inspector" shirts.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

null posted:

Wow you're spergin pretty hard here over nothing, :goonsay:, etc...talk about harping on stupid minor points.

Yeah, I agree. Besides, he can be developing breasts due to the Nomolestol AND be a super soldier. It's not like the two things need to be mutually exclusive.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Manwithastick posted:

There's not enough discussion of the councilman Monstroso mentioned

Councilman 4 - the Clue Clown - with a name that silly we are are sure to hear of some gang called the "clue clown club" or something similar

Ha, that was the first thing I thought of.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dynamite Dog posted:

Just so everyone knows, spoiler tagging images will not hide them if people are using the iOS Awful app so there may be some not too happy people showing up.

Is it similar to the Android app? You can choose to turn Spoiler tags "on" and "off" on that one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"rear end to rear end!"

Holy poo poo, I didn't think this show could get any better. That was one of the funniest Venture Bros episodes I've seen in a long time.

notZaar posted:

What a great ending. And I don't think Doc is dead, check out the un-aired clips from the preview for season 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8WMvxzRis

Looks like a lot of the Monarch and Rusty is in there getting some kind of dental work/torture from the Monarch.

Also, Hatred flying the hovertank around shouting about a "reckoning" while firing missiles at the cocoon.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

dazoner posted:

The Monarch can't understand Helper... He's not a Venture

Brock can understand Helper.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Knowing the VB universe, the sculptor probably just hosed it up and added an extra finger.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Republicanus posted:

Gotta say, weak as hell season. Didn't like much of it at all throughout. It seemed to be a case of filler episodes capped with another filler episode. Hope next season gets back to the normal quality.

Huh, while I thought the finale was a bit weak (still enjoyable, but a bit anti-climactic) I thought this season knocked every episode out of the park. I thought it was pretty top shelf the whole time. Going back and watching previous seasons, the animation is top-notch, and I thought it was loving hilarious--though I realize humour is a far more subjective concept.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Frostwerks posted:

Uhm, that's a perfectly reasonable and well stated opinion. It's also the right one. I have no clue how anybody can possibly say it was the best season of the show. I love Venture Bros and I'm eagerly waiting the next season, because this one was a tremendous letdown. Some good episodes, some great jokes but nothing really struck me as amazing. And it was definitely a step down in terms of finales and the weakest by far.

Well I have no clue how anyone could possibly say it wasn't the best season of the show. :colbert:

(but seriously, being condescending about your opinions is absurd).

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I love every Venture Bros episode equally (except the ones I love more than others). Honestly, though, there isn't a single episode I actively dislike. This show. I love this show.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Maduo posted:

Now that it's been brought up, Return To The House Of Mummies - Part II would probably be a great introductory episode. It shows off all the main characters really well, gives some backstory on Rusty and his dad, doesn't tie into continuity in a burdensome way (you could pair it with Tag Sale if you need the deep, rich backstory of Rusty's shrink ray) and is extremely quotable.

Tag Sale! is probably the correct answer in most cases, but I think House of Mummies looks and sounds more like later era Venture Bros, and might just be a better episode overall.

I've converted a couple people to Venture Bros with only Return To The House Of Mummies - Part II.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

johntfs posted:

January 24 of what year?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

tarlibone posted:

high jinks (which I've just learned is technically two words)

Technically, it doesn't really matter. "Hijinks" is a variant. So is "hi-jinks". All three are correct, so pick your favourite.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I've hooked multiple people on Venture Bros with only Return to the House of Mummies Pt. 2, and no other context. ymmv, I guess.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
if you don't love this, i don't know what to say.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kesper North posted:

Was making dinner for my parents when I looked down and realized that the knife in my hand was a Wusthoff. It was all I I could do not to throw my head back and scream "PHANTOM LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMB!"

I have to ask: what is your avatar from?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
A good set of knives will make all the difference in the kitchen. Hugely sympathetic to Phantom Limb in this instance.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Although he didn't build the ray shield for gargantua 2 himself, he did design it.

Yeah. The ray shield wound up being pretty important.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Haha, that reference to M Night Shyamalan's evil elevator movie.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mr. Fowl posted:

The other reference I got: That the threat video is a reference to Empire. That's when I went "Ohhhhh, they're Warhol-themed".

Yeah, that's when I first gleaned onto the villain theme too.

That bomb detonation at the very end, tho. Man, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Worried I woke up my neighbours. God drat hilarious.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:rip: Turnbuckle

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Megaspel posted:

I just got back from the bathroom with Hammer. He said there's going to be 10 new episodes released next week all at once, like Netflix does with their shows.

one of us is being lied to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cojawfee posted:

That's probably the only funny thing involving St. Cloud.

how much people dislike St. Cloud is pretty funny