Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octorok
Mar 27, 2007

Cloks posted:

I believe that is what is known as a "joke". I hope not to have to endure any more of them.
I don't know, maybe he's come around to just embrace it?
They've clarified before that the general idea of VB is about people with actual depth and emotional hangups living in a Saturday morning cartoon. A lot of the show is about people dealing with their shortcomings and the long-term consequences of not succeeding. "The show is about failure" has been beaten to death, but it's not 100% inaccurate.

It's probably best not to dwell on it, since there's really no single phrase that can sum up the entirety of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octorok
Mar 27, 2007

deong posted:

I just thought it was funny that it was one of the first questions, and his response hah. The interview is interesting. Apparently Doc is more a painter than cartoonist/writer in his own mind. And what I thought was really interesting is that he doesn't see his followers as 1 community. You've got the fans of VB, Weep and his paintings, and they don't really overlap. Also he loves scratcher tattoos.

Although he hasn't posted a painting since 2004, his deviantart is goddamn phenomenal. I can't believe that he's self-taught.