Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cloks posted:

I rewatched "Tag Sale, You're It!" yesterday and I'm really glad they decided not to have Billy slosh every time he moved his head in his future appearances. It becomes pretty annoying pretty quickly.

I've never even noticed it.

WELP, TIME TO REWATCH THE SERIES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

... and Hatred doesn't have tits

I thought so at first, but it looks like he may. Look at him when he turns to see where Dean is going.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does this look pixely or low res to anyone else? (I'm on Comcast).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I've been wonder about who that guy was for FOREVER!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The detective episode, right?

I just powered through season 4, and it's one of the last episodes of the season. So yeah.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So here's my theory from this episode.

• Trianna meets The Master, who tells her to leave the compound because Dean's got garbage genetics.
  • Dean, now probably over Trianna, starts looking at other girls, including the one in that colony.
  • This puts Dean into the contact with the other genetically altered people, and puts him where they get the curiflies (or whatever they were called).
  • The curiflies cure the genetic problems the students had, but also inject Dean I believe.

• Did this actually cure Dean of the problems he would have being cloned?
  • Did the master know this was going to happen (since he could tell Dean's future), and sent Trianna away so that Dean would be in the right place for the cure?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't even care about them as a pair or whatever. My point was would those cure-butterflys fix his genes, and then did The Master know. Because that would be cool foreshadowing if so. But then I forgot that Ben said he had good genes except for vision in the Halloween special.

I just powered through season 4 before this started, and remembered The Master saying he had terrible genes, and then the cure butterflies were there to fix bad genes. And the only reason why he was there when the butterflies attacked was because he was chasing a new girl, more or less. I don't give a gently caress about romance parings in a show.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Yet he ruined Shallow Gravy. RIP Shallow Gravy 2011-2013

I imagine he did this because he wasn't a big fan of them. Or Helper's drum track every since the night went on non-stop.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is it cheating to say the stripper tits conversation in the jet is the best part of the show? Because if so, just look away from the board as I put my piece down on that spot.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dr. Disco Quest posted:

What makes this even more great is that the characters that show up and say 'hey!' are a reference to the music video of the track that was sampled in Firestarter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFK0-lcjGU. It's the most tenuous, nerdy joke ever and I love it.

Well poo poo, I didn't know who the other people in that car-thing were. I figured they were just some people from another famous music video I didn't know.

EDIT: I guess I've never seen this Prodigy music video at all then...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Having Dean getting ready to box an orangutan is one of the best things Venture Bros. has ever done.

Dean: Brock, isn't this like the saddest thing ever?

And then Hank, to the orangutan: Hey, Clyde, BANG!
And then the orangutan goes, uh, apeshit on Hank.

"Thanks Doc for the new personal low". :geno:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

thrakkorzog posted:

The problem is that there's a whole lot of unfortunate implications going on there. She's basically a man hating butch lesbian, right up until Brock shows up to cure her of her lesbianism.

She says in the episode that she hasn't met one she likes yet, or met her standards. I think she had no idea how to flirt, and she's not Brock's type. I think that was her best attempt at being flirty, and it didn't help that he wasn't flirting back.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe this is just a general TV thing, but I wish they had something like the T-Shirt club, but with the episodes. Basically, if you pre-order the bluray for the entire season, you get the episodes as they come out. That way I wouldn't have to worry about paying for cable when I move, but can still watch the episodes just about the time they come out, and get the disk after. I don't want to buy the episodes for $whatever on iTunes and then buy the bluray like I do for all the shows I watch. But if I could do something like $40 for (DRM free?) each episode, and then get the disk mailed instead of a shirt, that would be awesome.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Wow. You know, I will never understand considering trailers and commercials "spoilers". I get people not wanting the to be spoiled on unofficially released poo poo, but effing commercials? That just seems to be going a little far. Same went for people I used to watch Galactica with who intentionally covered their eyes at the end of the intro theme so they couldn't see the 20 seconds of random shots for episode you're about to see.

Just my personal opinion, not trying to raise a fuss.

Well this is me then, because I looked away from the title screen of BSG because I would rather see the scenes in context, rather than waiting for the scenes I knew were going to happen to happen. For that show I didn't want to know if it was going to be a big epic space battle episode, a government relations episode, a brawl in the crew episode, etc. The point of watching the show was seeing how the story flows, rather than trying to get a glimpse of it and trying to put together what you saw and know something is coming up, and now you're paying more attention to that then the story.

I also personally don't pay attention to previews or commercials, but if I were to be spoiled from a commercial on something I'm sure it would be minor, and I don't get upset about it. I just try to not see them, but don't let it ruin the show/movie for me if I do catch something from them. (Unless it's something to the level of Castaway where the trailer for the movie gives away the ending).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Srice posted:

I think the only real difference is that the people who did the intro glimpses in BSG worked on the show so the implied intention there is that they want people to see them before the episode begins proper. Commercials on the other hand aren't always edited together by the people that make the show.

In specifically BSG, I couldn't really say for sure that the people that edited together the intros were the ones who edit the show/write the script, so who knows if they unintentionally let something slip. And if not, there's going to be some scenes that I would be more paying attention for to see when they show up in what context, rather than just watching the episode as it unfolds.

It was just 10 seconds I didn't look at the screen, no big deal. I was going to look at it for the remaining 42 minutes anyways. And I don't like watching advertisements because they're advertisements, so I tend to miss the previews anyways.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Not only experiencing the pain of being a ghost who is also a robot, but a scientologist to boot? That would be too much for anyone to bear.

The ghost works on television too, home of celebrities who might be converted to Scientology. It's the secret backstory you didn't think you'd get.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cloks posted:

I don't know if anybody noticed, but the live action bit was credited to Stoopid Buddy studios, who do the work for Robot Chicken.

I thought I saw Seth Green's name under as a producer. I don't think I've ever seen him in the credits before.
EDIT: Ah, it was for the stop motion part, it has it's own section of the credits.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So what exactly were the Investors trying to do on the helicarrier? Just figure out where Moltov was because they couldn't kill/kidnap her as well as Monstroso? After they got him out of the base, the seemed to be absent until they were onsite to do the interviews.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm going to have to rewatch that scene, but I wonder (just for comedy's sake) if the Revenge Society is squatting in The Monarch's old house. Beginning of the next season he walks in to see them there and tries to kick them out.

Also, where did that Vatred thing come from? I thought I only saw it used online, and up until last night's episodes I didn't think anyone said it in the show.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I can see this too. These guys don't seem to show things for no reason; that little post-credit Revenge Society scene has to be a setup for something, even if it isn't terribly important to the overall plot.

Well it's probably the same place that Phantom Limb kidnapped Billy to, in order to make him preform the surgery. But who knows if it was The Monarch's place all along, or a bit of a retcon if it actually happens.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I also noticed on second watch the vaguely-disguised trope from Prometheus in regards to Dr. Entmann (the tiny guy) getting crushed by the rocking chair because he ran lengthwise to the descending leg, when he could've run sideways or diagonally and lived.

That's not from Prometheus, I've seen cartoons as a child that had that same thing too. Also, Indiana Jones and the boulder (although I guess he would have been trapped in that cave or whatever, it's been a while).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

morcant posted:

Would Lord Crump be the Monarch, then?

Crump is a picture of a log, Nessy is a toy submarine with a head made of plastic wood, Yoshi, is a Plesiosauria. A loving Plesiosauria!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

epitasis posted:

Are you being sincere? This is at least the premise of probably 2 million podcasts, with varying degrees of success of course.

I think that was his point. There's a lot of podcasts because that's what people want to hear.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BexGu posted:

5. Walking Eye

Let me help you here with this one.

5. WALKING EYE!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Or, if you prefer, the Canadian cartoon "To Be":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxucpPq6Lc

Thank you. After seeing this in the Animation Thread (I thought), I had to find this movie again for this thread, but couldn't find it. (Although I don't like what the woman did at the end of the video, and disagree with her.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Didn't we just have this same conversation a few pages back?

Transporters are murder.

Holy poo poo, it is at the top of the last page. And I was scrolling through pages of the old Animation Thread for like 15 minutes. :doh:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

There actually is a bit of news- Season 2 is now on Netflix. Wish they'd throw 3-5 up there as well, but I suppose we can't have everything.

Yeah, and I actually got an email and iPhone app alert from that. Which is odd, as I've never watched the show on Netflix.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

He is, after all, the Strongest Man...in the World!

Holy poo poo, I just had to look that up, and I can't believe it's the same person.
EDIT: He's Khan in King of the Hill too. I hate that show, but he's done a lot of things.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yup, and it also ruined Cars and Cars 2 for me. But specifically KotH, I just can't stand the characters or the plot from the few episodes I've seen. 90% of the time (I had a GF who watched it), the plot seems to center on "look at these characters be socially awkward or stubborn". Which I guess is Venture Brothers too, but at least it's a sci-fi action setting. KotH is just boring south/midwest or wherever.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo I'm so sorry I said I didn't like a thing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe you guys have weird nipples.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

say no to scurvy posted:

And also, why did Dean remember the four-armed interns? I thought everyone forgot with the GHB sauna.

Maybe he checked his watch, and he recorded a video about it like Hank said.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Not to mention that when Rusty asks "why did you sell it?", the answer he gets is "why buy the cow when you get the milk for free". That phrase means "don't sell the whole thing if you can give only a part of it at a greater benefit. And Hatred says that he only bought humility. Saint Cloud didn't buy what he intended is what those two characters are telling Rusty, and Saint Cloud thinks he bought the island. That's the only way he could think he could exclude Rusty next year, from preventing him from entering his alleged property.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

There was a report about Cuba recently that said that Netflix was going to start there. However, at $8 a month, that was 75% of the average worker's salary in that country. So I can imagine that Rusty spending a few hundred dollars could be a significant boost in income to a country who's primary export could just be sponges and spinach.

EDIT: A third.
http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/09/netflix-cuba/

IUG fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 11, 2015

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh sure, but I'm saying that they're getting both. They get the annual income from Rusty, and this one time fortune from some prick.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

But did he say 6 days in a row?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

Hey, I forgot where HELPeR went. When was the last time we saw him.

He was heading toward Rusty on Abomination in the last season. I don't know if that was his last appearance or not.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tripple dukes!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yup pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I prefer my head canon that rusty was too cheap to buy new clothes while the old ones were still mostly intact.

Hell, this was my answer, as I never considered he was getting their IDs from the bodies. I just assumed the fire damage was just due to a lifetime of them being killed, not that one death in particular.