Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

The TV IV › Listen up cartoon snobs! The Venture Brothers: Season V(ee) starts June 2nd!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

So apparently they're doing screenings of season finale followed by the premier on the big screen (up to five before it airs) in select cities. People taht go will get a lmited edition print and a chance to win actual film cells. It's coming no where near me, and I hate all of you that are going to be able to go to this.

Where were you like 2 days ago to give me this info. I would've driven to Melbourne.

e: Screw it, I'm going. It's only an hour away. Thanks for the heads up!

Cacafuego fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 28, 2013

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

I got really excited when I read 'Melbourne', because I wrongly assumed it would be the capital of Victoria, Australia. Now I'm sad. :(

Sorry! The new episode was good. It's going to be difficult to top some of last season's episodes. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but Titmouse's animation kept the venture bros style intact. They gave everybody this cool print:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

Aaa, that is so cool. That would look great framed on a wall.

You could try contacting these people: http://www.famousfacesandfunnies.com/ I believed they organized the showing here and there were plenty of leftover prints at the end. The worst they can do is say no.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Illuminado posted:

Posted to the Facebook page:

From the premier.

They were at the theater last night. Apparently they had something to do with getting the premiere brought to the Melbourne theater. They did the prize giveaway and generally seemed cool. Brick frog was in attendance:

Cacafuego fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 29, 2013

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

BooDoug187 posted:

No one dressed up as knife bear?

Sadly no. The funny thing was Brickfrog explaining who he was to the guy in front of him. Also the monarch guy from above walking back in the theater as PROM is starting and says "yo Brickfrog, can you move your bag from the aisle, y'know for fire safety"

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

At the screening they were pretty lax, although they gave the speech, "you don't want to be 'that' person that spoils it for everybody".

All I can say is, boy are you gonna be surprised. Also, entertained.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

My friend just gave me all his shirt club v.1 shirts because they were too big. Now I know a large is perfect and I signed up for shirt club v.2. I'm not going to need shirts for years.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

I really hope a large fits me...a large is most other t-shirts fits me, but I've found one or two manufacturers where a medium is better, and a large is a little too big.

But they said they're American Apparel, yeah? They run smaller, so a large should be ok.

I wear a medium in snug fitting tee shirts from j crew and banana republic, whereas a medium from old navy is too big. After washing the American apparel larges, they fit like banana republic mediums.

E: this is for the last round of shirts

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

RandallODim posted:

He certainly pulled off the black turtleneck tactileneck better though.

Fixed

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Is there a sneak peek for next week's episode somewhere? I missed it last night.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

LeJackal posted:

Thanks for not spoilering that, rear end in a top hat.

Are spoilers required for people's theories?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I got an email from Titmouse that shirts are shipping.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Dammit, I bet that OSI shirt is one of those near-sheer thin shirts that I, as a fat guy, am not comfortable wearing. Otherwise, I'd get it.

I'm not a fat guy, but I sweat alot and I live in Florida, so I wear a white or grey undershirt with everything. Problem solved.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

That was my guess too. I had that shuttle complex and it was loving awesome.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Discomfort posted:

Is Galaktikon named after this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendon_Small%27s_Galaktikon

That seems like a dumb question if the answer is yes, but I honestly don't know.

Well, named after that and Galactus, obviously.

I just came here to post this. You bastard. It's a seriously good album too.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

The supervillain names/designs make me wonder if they had Ben Edlund in to work on the show again.

I thought the same thing. Don Hell's reminded me of when the Tick went to the superhero club.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

robot roll call posted:

With this show's turnaround there is no way the Monarch's old home was an on purpose Mad Men joke. That episode only aired like a month ago.

As soon as I saw it, I thought Paper Street house from Fight Club. Especially with the industrial plant behind it.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Or it's a generic rich person's house that's fallen on hard times.

Jesus Christ

You ever see something and instantly say to yourself, "oh hey that looks like X". That's what I said when I saw the house. I'm not trying to draw parallels between the show and the movie, just that the second I saw it, I thought I saw it before. Bottom line is, no1c... wait. I mean, it doesn't matter.

PS, don't sign your posts.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

null posted:

Not that this show makes much of an effort to stay "realistic" or "plausible" whatever that even means in the show's universe, but how is Bill supposed to get away with killing the governor? Especially with the Authority dismantled or in shambles. I guess maybe there were no living witnesses and everyone knows vampires can't go out in the day? You'd think there'd be security camera film though. Anyway this is probably putting too much thought into this show.

What?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Got my last 2 shirts tonight, too bad they didn't do any ringer T's like last time.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I made some of my own VB ringtones when I upgraded to iOS7. Are there any other good ones out there?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

That's one I made too! Along with the astrobase logo "sound" and the zoo zoo zoo zoo etc. from the season 2 DVD menu

Hahaha, oh China, what will you come up with next?

Well Doc, what's the diagnosis? *looks at baby* PREGNANT

Cacafuego fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 3, 2013

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Did everyone forget that season 5 came out on blu-ray this week?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

Yeah, for most season 1-2 episodes order's not a huge deal, though Cremation Creek 1 and 2 are in their correct place at the end of season 2. 3 is way more narrative than 1 and 2, though, so I hope they don't screw that up again.

I remember wondering how I missed Escape to the House of Mummies Part I when part II aired. I'm guessing people are going to be wondering the same with netflix.

Also, while I want more Venture Bros, messing with the formula is a sure way for it to end up bad. Unless Ben Edlund wants to chip in because I loved the animated Tick, and they seem to like writing with him every once in a while.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Where can I get myself 21s burgundy "porkchop sandwiches" tshirt? Somebody has had to have made one.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Am I having deja vu?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

How much direct experience do you have with rednecks? It is easy not to like that show if you can't stand rednecks, despite how good the writing may or may not be. I, for one, can't stand watching them even if it's satire, so sadly I'm missing out on Trailer Park Boys as well.

No wonder I hate king of the hill. I always hear people talk about how great it is, but i never liked it. Also, Seinfeld. Maybe it's cause I grew up hating people from NYC too.

Differences in what people find funny/good is always interesting.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I've been watching Regular Show recently. Knowing how much of their budget Doc and Jackson blew on the season 2 premiere song, how is RS full of what I assume to be insanely expensive licensed songs?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Please tell me they're doing the theater preview again like last season

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I'm hoping they'll do the theater release at the beginning of the actual season again. That was a good time

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cloks posted:

It's worth it for the quality. Episode to episode, Venture Brothers is one of the best shows on TV.

Speaking of Venture Brothers and long wait times, did anyone else pre-order the Dark Horse artbook on Amazon? You can't do it anymore but my order is still in for 20-ish bucks so I'm hoping they make it a lavish, expensive thing when it's released in 7 years.

Thought this was cancelled?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Argh, I thought the special was tonight at midnight. It's tomorrow at midnight.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

I know we saw him in like 2 episodes ever, but I'm gonna miss Steppenwolf :smith:

Me too, i wanted whacky racer adventures

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

revolther posted:

I liked that Killinger and the vampires were essentially 21 style dorks with their psychic light saber duel. Totally thinking it was Billy's Mom on the boat with Jonas Sr. in that flashback during Spanakopita(?) and Billy's hydrocephalus and genius are somehow associated with her past and the Ventures.

Wasn't that Jackie O? If not, that one flew way over my head

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Naw, it's pretty clear now that St Cloud bought the island. St Cloud now has a deed to the island.

When Vatred says St Cloud just bought a bunch of "spinach humble pie" it's figurative. Nobody ever uses "humble pie" in any literal sense.

When Giorgios says "why sell a man your best goat when you can wrap up some spinach in feta and phyllo and call it a goat" he's not talking about literal goats and spinach pie.

St Cloud blew millions of dollars on an island that he thought was valuable but is actually worthless. That's good dramatic irony.

St Cloud buying a bunch of spinach pie isn't.

Giorgios not only gets paid millions, he can retire now and no longer has to keep up the facade about the Spanakopita festival.

what

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

IUG posted:

Not to mention that when Rusty asks "why did you sell it?", the answer he gets is "why buy the cow when you get the milk for free". That phrase means "don't sell the whole thing if you can give only a part of it at a greater benefit. And Hatred says that he only bought humility. Saint Cloud didn't buy what he intended is what those two characters are telling Rusty, and Saint Cloud thinks he bought the island. That's the only way he could think he could exclude Rusty next year, from preventing him from entering his alleged property.

This guy gets it

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Zasze posted:

His voice was so amazingly grating.

Why are you yelling?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

X_Toad posted:

Just in case someone else tries a google search like I did and finds nothing, the relevant part of the post :

Mind linking the rest of it for us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

"I'm out of gun food!"