Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I doubt a weird costume would give Brock pause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
No, a weird costume would most definitely give him paws.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Hah, I knew he was probably Lowlight (the only GI sniper i can think of) and someone else, I figured like Flint, but Cover Girl makes a lot more sense. Though I'm not sure why the OSI Snake Eyes is called Afterburner, when he's clearly some kind of Ninja. Afterburner would be a pilots name. That guy should be called Boxcars or something else dice related.

Sunday is now depressing, no VB, no Game of Thrones, no Mad Men, not even new Bobs Burgers, Simpsons or American, and Breaking Bad is still like 3 weeks away, and forever until Boardwalk Empire. Sundays suck.

Get with it man. True Blood is the best avenue for cheese on a Sunday night.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
first ep i saw is the one with race bannon and i watched johnny quest as a kid so i was really drawn in from moment 1, and i treat the show like prestigious serial television a la twin peaks and the sopranos. i like how it blends the kind of bizarre superhero universes from cartoons like the super friends or the tick with the long form character development of more acclaimed dramas. rick and morty appeals to me for its clever episode structures and escalations, it works best as a sitcom with very specific scenarios in which the characters can interact. ultimately they are dramatically different shows in format even if they share a sarcastic shell around an emotional core. yes i know ben edlund creator of the tick also wrote a couple eps of vb

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
venture bros pilot rules

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
loved “a whaaaa?” s07e02

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

OscarDiggs posted:

Holy poo poo Season 7 has started why am I oy learning this now? Time to find somewhere to binge watch.

shouldnt take long

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

khwarezm posted:

I love the way that Brown Widow is so drat disgusting in way that's actually fairly logical. I don't think I can ever look at Spider-man again without getting images of BW trying to clean out his spinneret.

that disgusted me

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
it was probably the brain

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i loved blind rage as a VB take on daredevil. very lol esp his costume

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s also the first time I really began to appreciate Brock as his own thing and not just a pastiche of action stereotypes. I know it’s probably a reference to some classic action film but it’s legitimately mystifying the first time you see it. I’m expecting him to roll over the hood or shoot her through the sunroof or something.

And then it happens. It was such a singular moment it really changed how I watched the show, honestly, because I was like “This show is is doing cool stuff”

ya same experience here

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

It really makes me wonder how Hunter would have felt about that election, one of many reasons I'm sad he's gone

just read his articles about mcgovern v nixon

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
not to say hillary was like mcgovern but his coverage of the 72 dem primary was very amusing to read in 2017

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just finished watching the first season of the newish Harley Quinn cartoon. absolute 100% definite recommend for venture bros fans, its excellent. just look up the cast if youre unconvinced

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

I've gotta say, I've been turned off by the trailers because 99% of the purported humor seems to be "Swears are a substitute for jokes!" or "WOW that comic book character referenced sex, hilarious!" Are they misleading in that regard, or is that something I'd just have to grit my teeth through and try to enjoy the rest? I don't mind a healthy amount of juvenile humor—I'm in the Venture Bros thread after all—but I find that when comedies rely on the audience thinking that swearing is hilarious in and of itself then they tend to have really lazy writing otherwise and it's not for me.

ultimately the cursing is realistic and probably as frequent and justified as an uncensored venture brothers episode. plus its really funny when nobody has cursed in a while and, because its an official cartoon with real dc characters, you get caught off guard by harley asking if the batcave is where batman fucks the bats

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

AND IT IS FRUIT PUNCH, AND IT IS DELICIOUS.

I love that Edlund used Treister’s character design in the live action tick show.

god drat this black hole heart

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

VB is weird because it was never truly mainstream. It just slid directly to cult status. I sincerely doubt Jack and Doc would abandon their fan base after 15 years and leave the entire narrative unraveled in a heap on the floor, considering they owe literally everything they have to the show.

lets not exaggerate literally every detail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
theres another really good comedy about an anchorman but i cant remember what the name of the movie is.