Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Jack Gladney posted:

There's also a really well-paced musical scene in the first episode of Season 2 featuring "Everybody's Free" by Aquagen that I thought fit the pace and the mood really, really well. It's a much more obscure song, though, and I one I don't think anybody really likes or cares about.

Did I hear something about getting the rights to that song was actually pretty expensive? I think it was on a DVD commentary with the guys.

Of course pretty expensive could be relative in the realm of song licensing I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RIP Gorilla babies :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Aw man you're not helping :cry:

Also yeah where's the other gorilla parent??

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sash! posted:

Indeed. I work for NASA and we call them robots.

I hope you pronounce them "Rho-buts", Dr. Zoidberg style!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

"JESUS JONES!! Now thar was a band.."

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love these. His writeups on other movies are great too!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Slap chop looked to be a combination of Iron Fist and Quick Kick from GI Joe.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I can't think of a joke relating to him, although it was always kind of hilarious in GI Joe cartoons he'd be out there hand to hand fighting against dudes with bazookas and laser rifles.

Probably just more of the pop culture nostalgia mishmash that Jackson and Doc are so good at :). The instant I saw him I flashed back to "that guy with the ninja stars in his scarf thing" (couldn't remember Quick Kick's name immediately).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hoping they do a Snowjob spoof sometime. Also Deep Six!

Unfortunately they can't go the "can't understand what he's saying" route because the PSA dub already did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjl9St0XFvQ

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh man I remember wanting that space shuttle thing he came with so bad. That and the aircraft carrier.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hah, I ~just~ finished watching that ep.

"Hustle it up boy, they're ruining my lawn!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I loved how the disguised Ghost Robot was fascinated by his fingers/thumb, hilarious. GR is awesome.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

This is the first episode where I really noticed how many characters were being voiced by the guys. Thanks a lot, VB thread :argh:

;)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

qirex posted:

Honestly John Hodgeman and Dana Snyder in the last couple episodes are way more noticeable to me than "21 talking like a robot."

Totally fair point, although for me Dana Snyder is more "The Alchemist" for me now than he is Master Shake. Haven't watched ATHF in ages and I much prefer Al's character anyway (who wouldn't??).

As for Hodgeman I didn't even know who it was before reading it here but then I don't really watch the Daily show much anymore or whatever he's on. I thought it was a great voice for that character though, poor tech guy.

Now with Futurama shutting down again perhaps they could snag a couple of those guys for Season 6 work! (Not that they couldn't have before I suppose, VO people can do a bunch of shows concurrently with no issues). I'd love to see hear Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeill (more femle characters!) Billy West, Phil LeMarr or John DiMaggio on VB.

priznat fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 15, 2013

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

You want more variety in women's voices, and chose Tress MacNeille as your "go to woman VO?"

She has two voices...Tress MacNeille and..."old lady" Tress MacNeille.

Hah, she doesn't have to do dozens of characters on the show or anything, just adding one regular female character would be alright I suppose. Bad example of dynamic character range though. LaMarche, West and LeMarr would be the best for that. (Most of DiMaggio's stuff sounds pretty similar too).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Monarch has to put effort into being a dick to Dr. Venture, whereas Dr Venture (in The Monarch's mind) just is a dick without even having to do anything. :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

I'm jonesing for some Pirate Captain.

:golfclap:

Me too! The one where he was the sword arm of team JJ was freakin' hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I watched the last ep again last night, I don't know why but things shouted in the background by offscreen characters always slay me so the "TOO SOON!" and "HE WAS ALWAYS WRONG" just kill me, every drat time.

I'm a lipsync artist's dream!