Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, the original book is a different listing than the current one. The first one was just an art book, the new one is an art book and a retrospective.

Could someone share the correct/current ISBN number?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

SlothfulCobra posted:

How did Billy become a doctor anyways?

Monstroso arranged it in exchange for Billy performing a heart transplant operation on him. The episode is http://teamventure.org/vbwiki/The_Silent_Partners .

Looking at the episode synopsis, it says that the doctor who asked about Billy's background information is a Dr. Odinson...is that actually stated in the episode? If so, it sounds like a reference to Thor's original alter ego on Earth Dr. Donald Blake.

...which, in turn, would be another super deep cut comic book reference from the Jackson and Doc.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Cacafuego posted:

She’ll be arching Dean in a future Flash forward

...influenced by her new mistress the Velma analog from the Scooby Doo send up.

yes, I know the Velma analog is likely dead

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Cacafuego posted:

I’d like more Jonas Sr old Team Venture flashbacks. Those are always good.

Maybe a flashback where they learn why Col. Lloyd Venture chose the location of his millinery (now the Ventech Industries site)...and what treasures may yet be found there.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

twistedmentat posted:

I remember that vividly. No you see it not being funny is the joke! Basically any of those types of AS shows had goons going "this is such genius!" as if they were being secretly made by Andy Kaufman. No, they were just dumb.

I also had a lot of issues with Tom Goes To Mayor, it was just an unpleasant show. Like anything to do with Tom's wife was horrible, or her children, and there were too many close up shots of something really gross for randoms sake. Like there was something about Tom passing out and they had to feed him cat food, and there was a close up shot some something smooshing cat food in their hands. Disgusting, not funny. I don't think I watched another episode for ages because of that. BUT there was something there that would come out when they did Awesome Show, Great Job! later.

I had similar feelings with Tim and Eric Awesome Show. Everytime it started to get funny, somebody had to vomit or get diarrhea. Just...why?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...and Mystery Inc leaves the possibility that the Groovy Gang could well be canon.

Umm, could you flesh this out for me, please?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Bad news about Metalocalypse...

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Arrath posted:

So I'm gonna just bail in on 5k unread posts.

Holy poo poo the new season is in like 5 days!!!

As I haven't really been keeping up to date, are they doing another t-shirt club or anything? I still sleep in my old OSI shirt, its comfy as gently caress.

Titmouse has made noises to the effect of "yes, details shortly".

That OSI shirt makes for the best gym shirt...I loving love lifting in that thing.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

drrockso20 posted:

Anyone else love how Hatred was used this episode, especially love the story he tells Hank

The whole Chief Justice story tickled me no end.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

What was it he called that thumb drive?

Also, forget who said it but Brock did kill something of Jonas Sr.'s...Gargantua 1. You just know Jonas is the sort who would grieve the loss of his creation a nd seek vengeance.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

tarlibone posted:

I don't think Brock destroyed Gargantua 1. When they left, it was still safely in orbit.

And Doc called White's thumb drive "[Pete's] little pink dongle" or something like that. I forget what Pete called it.

I'll have to watch Careers in Science again.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

A million times this!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Voxx posted:

Dean is the father

Rusty the Son and Hank the Holy Spirit.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

tarlibone posted:

The next episode is called "The Bellicose Proxy." I don't know if the preview is up yet.

The trailer...

Got a link to this?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Cojawfee posted:

In the context of rain protection.

...of a sort, yes.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Never have liked Dermott...not then, not now.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Perry Normal posted:

I assume most of us dorks got it, but in case anybody missed the reference on the ending stinger - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4YcCF8uLiI&t=120s

Christ, I paid full price to see that crappy movie.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I received an extra week #7 shirt (Illumina-tee) at the same time as the Dr. Z shirt. Free t-shirt! Still waiting on #9, #10, and the bonus.

What size? I might be interested in buying it off you.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I'm assuming the henchmen Brock slaughtered were a necessary part of the Level 10 ceremony, right?

I'm just thinking such a ceremony by the Guild would involve a sacrifice.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

James Urbaniak has done a brief and funny director's commentary for Kevin Spacey's recent Frank Underwood video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYrd3ajplcY

Pershing fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 29, 2018

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Am I remembering right from the art book that they admitted they just never hit the mark they were looking for with Underbheit...namely a goofy Dr. Doom send up?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

tarlibone posted:

I think the college flashbacks having a laugh track is really neato.

Rusty's childhood was filled with adventure; so much so that they made a show about it. It's somehow sublimely fitting that his college years, at least in flashbacks, are also a TV show, but now instead of a 60s/70s cartoon, it's an 80s sitcom.

Oh I could totally see Jonas Sr. licensing a sequel to The Rusty Venture Show using hidden camera footage placed in Rusty's dorm room.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's pretty funny if Jonas had this and the guild didn't. The Markie Post tape is real.

Tapes of the series were aggressively traded at conventions until the Youtube era. All extant physical copies now in St. Cloud's vault. Rusty still doesn't know it happened.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Didn't he have back surgery?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

PopZeus posted:

https://twitter.com/midnaash/status/1218517282554404864?s=21

Looks like he films girls he’s with even as they’re uncomfortable and ask him to stop. Seems like a scumbag to me!

Or it's all character assassination...who the gently caress knows.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

They're doing a better job with him than they did with the Moppets.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Have we ever gotten a taste of what Level 1 looked like for Doc?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

James Urbaniak is going a little stir crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvHDujFOxOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I don't think we can call Billy's credentials 'forged'. Monstroso was a supervillian and a lawyer, if anyone could make something perfectly legal then he could.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My artbook showed up a day early! The quality of this thing is awesome, I can’t believe I snagged it for ~20 bucks.

Still one of my favorites, I've read it 4 or 5 times. I keep it on a stand on my dresser and flip thru it in the morning. A steal for the price.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Havoc904 posted:

Doc Hammer posted on his facebook that he is moving around really well these days, even snapped a picture of himself mowing.

Here's our hero in action:

These pictures fill me with a lot of joy :toot:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Data Graham posted:

I don't know much about TTG but they did this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR131fc2pZY

So, you know.

That is the sort of video Rusty Venture would publicly trash as derivative and aping 'the Progressive Rock oeuvre' but would secretly love.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

https://twitter.com/JamesUrbaniak/status/1319873147319939072?s=19

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Now that Warhammer is out of the way, they're cleaning the Gowanus Canal

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

8one6 posted:

Just rewatched the episode where Killenger tried to make Doc Venture into a super villain and I'd love to see an AU season of Doc vs JJ.

Jesus, that would be awesome. Dr. Orpheus the only one who knows Things Are Not As They Should Be.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Comrade Quack posted:

I haven’t checked it out, but FYI Doc Hammer released his new Weep Album pretty much immediately at 2021.

And there’s purposely low art quality tshirts for it.

Got both of them today (the shirt and the album). They've got a covers album on Bandcamp that I enjoy too.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

State Dinner is worse than the Dr. Quimm episode because Manstrong is just so goddamn annoying. I got enough of him on Gargantua One, I didn't need seconds.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Dr. Z's circle of friends got a little smaller today...

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1350838149367410689?s=19

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Venture Compound energy radiates from this tweet

https://twitter.com/TheEnergeiaBoy/status/1360668078460272647?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

AT&T is selling its media properties to Discovery

God knows what this means for the show (if anything)