Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Has TWC fixed their issue with their subscribers not being able to watch Adult Swim *gold* episodes online yet?

Because I'm old, it's summer, I have kids, I'm busy, and if I miss this I am going to be pissed if I have to pirate it when I already pay for something everyone else apparently gets for free. I don't like having to do that. I REALLY don't like doing that.

Sorry about the bitter tone. I'm just hoping I can catch the episode tomorrow when it airs. I'm a big fan but the Wife hates it.

*Also, even though I'm not going all in on the Shirt Club, I cant wait to see the designs. I know I'll grab at least a couple.

**Nope, just tried to watch Operation P.R.O.M. Got blocked. Sigh. Still excited for the new episode though.

***If Time Warner owns Cartoon Network, why are they doing this to their subscribers?

Ramen Pride! fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Holy crap, the human centipede.

I am LOVING this season. Haven't ordered a shirt yet though. Someone mentioned "The Bat!" earlier, and I might have plunged for that one.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Wow. Holy crap. Wow.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Ehh, still not buying that one.

I go for logos, see?

*Yes it was.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Pope Guilty posted:

It's a sort of egg pie made with filo dough. Incredibly delicious.

Yeah, it's greek spinach pie. I can't quit laughing. Doc DID look incredibly excited about an appetizer.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

TontoCorazon posted:

With all due fairness I would spend millions as well on spinach pie, I'd take a life for some spinach pie.

http://www.olympiaofwilmington.com/

Yum.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Another vote here for The Tick pilot being awesome.

They nailed it, I think I see where it is going and I like it, and maybe I'm stretching things here but there -may- have been foreshadowing of Breadmaster and Uncle Creamy. The more I think about it there may have been a LOT of little foreshadowing cues throughout the entire episode. Which will make it crushingly tragic if for whatever horrible reason Amazon decides to axe it. It's good enough that I really don't see Amazon being stupid enough to pull a FOX though.

Also for people who loved Patrick Warburton's take on the character... he's listed as a producer as well.

Also weaponized syphilis that turns heroes' eyes into jelly. HA

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, the The Tick pilot was fantastic, someone should go and make a The Tick thread or something, because if it maintains that level of quality, I think people will have a lot to say about it.

Seconding this. Whoever does wind up making the thread, make sure to put the link to how to vote for it in the OP. I didn't realize that it ALREADY has its head on the chopping block. I will lose my poo poo if it gets cancelled in favor of a comedy with a dick joke as a title.

Link to vote... https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=9940930011

Rassle posted:

I'm sad that we'll never see The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight ever again...

That's the thing... I think we CAN! If they were allowed to use The Terror, then who knows what characters they've been able to pry away from FOX's evil greedy nostalgia crushing hands?

*I just read somewhere that Edlund got ALL the licenses back. YES

Ramen Pride! fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 22, 2016

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
With the foreshadowing I mentioned... I just realized that there's a line when Tick is badgering Arthur that refers to Handy. Wow.

Having the Human Ton and Handy in this would be epic. I really really hope I'm not reading too much into the dialogue because seeing any of Tick's nemeses from the cartoon would be wicked keen!

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
I just realized while talking with my son that the fact that Edlund has all the licenses back...

We could have a Bat Manuel/Die Fledermaus episode where both assholes... well, it would be brilliant.

I really hope this show doesn't get the axe. Where's it's own thread? I'd do it but too busy.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
SOMEONE MAKE A TICK THREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Mortanis posted:

Keep in mind it's not even a show yet. Amazon pilots throw a bunch of different crap against the wall and see what's popular. There's no order for a Tick show yet.

I can understand that. Let's hope it gets picked up then because it's the closest thing to a live action Venture Bros. we're probably ever going to see.

I mean, when The Terror and his henchmen deployed from the underbelly of a giant ridiculous flying "T" and he takes time out from utterly demolishing his arches just to go torment a little boy whose father had just been crushed and slurp down his ice cream...... Tell me that wasn't a total Monarch moment. :D